Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Funcom, whats going on ?

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Didn't he say when he left the GD role that he was moving on to some super secret project he thought we make like?
    http://www.theparkgame.com

They took the park from TSW and made it a single player game. Super low cost.

And it's a good idea in my opinion, because that zone is one of the best in TSW and the storyline there is just awesome.

But i'm afraid it won't be long before people notice FC just took a small part of one of their MMOs and try to market it as a new solo game for 50$. So the critics are going to tear FC a new hole for that move.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    They took the park from TSW and made it a single player game. Super low cost.

And it's a good idea in my opinion, because that zone is one of the best in TSW and the storyline there is just awesome.

But i'm afraid it won't be long before people notice FC just took a small part of one of their MMOs and try to market it as a new solo game for 50$. So the critics are going to tear FC a new hole for that move.
    Their buisness strategy is just getting worse and worse in my opinion. AOC is the only game i play form them and because of how they handled it. the only game i will ever get from funcom. the more I read about their company the more i get annoyed...

NO again, not annoyed at AOC devs individually. im talking about higher up management. just their whole stance towards gaming and their projects in general. i think they would have better profit if they developed an idea, then sold the idea off to a company to handle the polish and updates.

They talk about "small solo game" to "test the water". It probably would be sold for around 15 or 20 bucks like many games or spinoff of that scope.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    Its amazing, its a 100% complete copy and paste. Do they not know how to make fresh content anymore?

They might as well take Vanaheim content and spin that off as a new game.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    I believe that one is coming soon... :P
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

You can't compare the vanaheim crap with TSW content, the quality level is just on another level.

And frankly, there are many brilliant pieces of TSW that could have been solo games, because the storytelling, settings and missions are that good and stand on their own.

Yet, rehashing TSW content that has been sold already and trying to sell it again to another audience is a bold move at best. Most people would look down on such practice and call it a scam.

So i believe FC little experiment is not going to work out that well.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Its amazing, its a 100% complete copy and paste. Do they not know how to make fresh content anymore?

There is a segment of gamers that play only single person, adventure style games. These people would never explore any kind of multiplayer game let alone a MMO. However, to think you could generate more than a small portion of revenue just because your production costs are next to nothing is just silly. The fact they think they have a higher production value and/or standard than other similar companies is just simply company jargon. They can copy and paste all they want, but they have very few games of their own to choose from so it's doubtful they can release anything in a variety.

They would be better off going into miniature and board gaming, at least you can release FAQ in a pdf and it takes only one person to write it.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that this morning before coming on the forums here.

Yet, rehashing TSW content that has been sold already and trying to sell it again to another audience is a bold move at best. Most people would look down on such practice and call it a scam.

So i believe FC little experiment is not going to work out that well.
    From what little we saw, it is hard to form proper opinions. Seems fairly obvious that it isn't the same content as in TSW.

Yes, the Amusment park may have been pulled from TSW for its layout, graphics, form, etc., but that doesn't mean it will play the same as TSW. It appears to be a new story, taking place in a different time period, with unique mechanics / gameplay. I wouldn't expect to pick up this game and have it play just like TSW.

I wouldn't call this a scam. As long as it is priced right for the length of the game, it should be pretty good.

Default Funcom CEO Rui Casais on why the MMO firm is looking for a buyer

CEO: "We haven't always made the right decisions...We are all well aware of that." woot? how about lego?

Dan Pearson: What happens to your IPs and live games if you can not continue?

CEO: "We strongly believe that no matter the outcome of the process, at an absolute minimum, our live games will continue running either by us or someone else as they are generating profit. These are high quality games with strong communities that we respect and care about, and regardless of how the future looks, we are confident these games will live on for a long time to come."

"Strong communities that we respect and care about"

lol, just lol(
    Last edited by Dieselconq; 27th August 2015 at 15:43.