Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fury Minigames "New signup system"

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    There's nothing for the GM to do ... there is no violation occurring from what you've described.
    And you can see who's in the mini BEFORE joining, no? Thus, not effecting your "win streak".
    Again, you're argument of the player ruining others game-play is subjective.

Obvious troll. Care how to share how a player AFKing enhances the PvP experience and makes it more competitive?

And a GM CAN do something. They can toss out temporary bans.
    Last edited by krippa; 3rd August 2015 at 16:06.

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    Obvious troll. Care how to share how a player AFKing enhances the PvP experience and makes it more competitive?

And a GM CAN do something. They can toss out temporary bans.
    Please re-read what I said ~ nothing FOR them to do. If a GM does a temp ban on a player not breaking rules ~ that's a misuse of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimmz View Post
    that's the thing, they arent breaking the rules, they can ruin someone's gameplay and its for a gm to decide if he gives a crap
    uela says nothing of that sort
    ... and it NOT an "obvious troll" when I'm addressing the above post about "naked" players. Not the AFK types. Mr. Primmz mentioned a specific unnamed player. But I was more directly addressing his comment on ruining other players enjoyment.

I NEVER said I was an advocate of an AFK player. So lose your venom elsewhere.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

The only way Funcom is forced into action into doing anything is when players make racial remarks, or very graphic statements about protected classes. You can do pretty much anything you want:

1. Cheat with well known and easily found third party programs, for years
    2. Exploit all day long, every day, for years
    3. Fight club at any time
    4. Manipulate PvP events/minis with alternate accounts
    5. Ruin Raids in the same way

What you can't do is say mean things to people or insult their race, national origin, creed, gender, religion, and now probably sexual orientation. Do any of these in a chat channel seen more than by yourself and you will banned, almost immediately. Likewise, share account information and be found out and that account goes poof. Other than this, Funcom won't lift a finger to do anything else in AoC, except maybe help with some quest glitches and sometimes loot problems.

You want these trolls ruining minis to be banned, make them say something mean in a public chat channel and report them...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    The only...
    I've seen the ban-hammer dropped for both; the racial/innapropriate /tells AND the occasional AFK player. The /tells have to be significant tho.

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

what he is saying; if someone is dancing naked in a minigame in the corner of the map (note: he is not afk cuz he is dancing) we should just leave the minigame and accept our punishment of 10 minutes. he is supporting such behaviour.

Is this guy tomhet ?
    Just wondering
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

what he is saying; if someone is dancing naked in a minigame in the corner of the map (note: he is not afk cuz he is dancing) we should just leave the minigame and accept our punishment of 10 minutes. he is supporting such behaviour.
    It doesn't matter who supports what really, Funcom won't do anything about it. In the past, GM would support players in removing trolls like these, but ever since the restructure this is not the case. I am not sure what the reason is as to why, but I am confident that with their extremely low resource base assigned to AoC that maybe that is a factor. I hate minis where I have to deal with trash players like this, but it doesn't change the fact that whatever I do or say will not stop it.

The only recourse is to make these trolls angry enough to say the "mean" things which get one banned and report them, that's the only sure way to make people go away in 2015.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Recently I had this naked pom again in minis and got a GM in time .
    They talked and the pom started to play ... (still being completely naked tho) ...
    Slackjoint says the player was, in fact, playing. Not dancing. If the person breaks mid-way thro for some reason (RL issue) then that's their subscription money wasted. If they're F2P and you don't like the behavior, don't join that mini. I tested it myself earlier ~ you can view qued players before joining; not incurring a coward penalty. Easy.

Will we start complaining about other players ruining your experience in-game if they're fully geared but choose to attack a geared tAnk who doesn't take damage and dies? Let's petition that now ...

Please stop the QQ. It's getting obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Slackjoint says the player was, in fact, playing. Not dancing. If the person breaks mid-way thro for some reason (RL issue) then that's their subscription money wasted. If they're F2P and you don't like the behavior, don't join that mini. I tested it myself earlier ~ you can view qued players before joining; not incurring a coward penalty. Easy.

Will we start complaining about other players ruining your experience in-game if they're fully geared but choose to attack a geared tAnk who doesn't take damage and dies? Let's petition that now ...
    That's pretty base. Someone playing naked in a mini is an obvious troll, it doesn't matter if they are playing, dancing, or AFK. As for someone breaking during the mini, this happens. As for your argument about people playing badly, that happens all the time on every server. However, there is a difference between someone playing, with gear, and playing badly, then someone naked, which is done intentionally with the purpose of being a liability.

And if your argument is not to join the mini, what then if only one mini is running. Why should someone lose their play time over trolls. Just because the fact that Funcom chooses not to do anything about it does not change how people should feel about it. I can understand the "Fact" that nothing will happen to the troll and I have to deal with this, but it does not change my opinion it is fundamentally an intentional troll, and I should be angry about it.

You seem to be always defending every despicable action, I really wish you would PM me your main's name so I could get a sense of who you are...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    That's pretty base...
    You seem to be always defending every despicable action, I really wish you would PM me your main's name so I could get a sense of who you are...
    I merely playing devils advocate and giving some perspective on what/why a player may be acting in a particular way. I never said I was an advocate; which I believe you and others are thinking.

PM you my toon name? And have you and others troll me in-game; no thank you.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast