Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Please revamp the F2P Model.

Default membership

Personally, I hope they do whatever it takes to keep the game going as long as possible! I have been away a while, but I still have much I want to do in this game, and I hate any restrictions enough that I always sub to any game I am playing "for real," which is exactly what I plan to do here now. Despite being subbed, I always tend to spend just as much in the shop as the sub cost each month, sometimes more, mainly because of my incurable case of "altitis" and the fact that I totally hate my characters looking like some kind of "raggedy-man" after a few levels have passed.

I always tend to have 2-3 games I play in a committed fashion, play a lot, and others I just "dabble" in. previously, the games I played the most were:

Vanguard--my 'tough' game, when I wanted a real challenge. End-game raider (Dread Knight tank), helped kill everything in game, one mistake you are dead kind of play. Diplomacy sphere!
    EQ II--my more laid-back game, unlikely to die, solo play with mercenary, crafting system that is easy to get into, deep housing system.
    TSW--played since beta, GM sub, just love the world and love being a part of it. Awesome quests and puzzles. Someday I might even get motivated and do some dungeons!

Many other games I dabbled in, but I did make a good run at AoC before--just not enough time for so many games, but now I see AoC taking the place of the now-closed Vanguard as a game I intend to play regularly, maybe even joining a guild and taking on some of the tougher content, and keeping a sub as long as the game continues. After 7 years of hardcore in Vanguard, I needed a break, but I have had that now, so we shall see what happens over the summer! Not a PvP player at all, but love taking on the biggest and baddest mobs around, and am willing to put in the time and work to learn how to do just that, once I make my mind up to go for it.

Just do whatever it takes to keep the game going guys.
    Last edited by Braciaca; 20th April 2016 at 17:02.

best F2P model in a game I have played would have to go to Star Trek online. Free access to all content and expansions as they are released, Full access to all your inventory slots, no restrictions on the ships you can use apart from level restriction (Pay real money for a ship and you can use it if you sub or play free compared to here and the mounts on a free account getting restricted even when you buy it from the Store), $5 allows you to purchase a currency unlock to boost the cap on your coin for f2p to get the same cap as a subscriber has, you can earn the real money currency via the exchange of in game special currency trading with other players.

F2P does not add restrictions other than the coin cap. Energy credits are capped at 1 billion for gold accounts and 10 million for silver (free) accounts (this cap can be raised to 1 billion on all characters on an account for 500 zen/$5 USD). 3 Character slots so that you can do 1 toon for each of the 3 factions

Gold/Subs get extra perks such as bonus inventory/Bank slots/Bridge officer slots as you level up, 500 zen a month, 1 free respec token every time you rank up (every 10 levels), 1 extra Character slot for a total of 4.

The offer free end game ships as event rewards 3 times a year so you don't even have to buy the pay ships to compete, they pretty much only sell vanity stuff apart from the ships. Pay/cstore ships aren't even the best ships in the game. The best ones are tied to the fleet/guild system that you need between 1 and 5 fleet requisition tokens per ship and a high enough fleet ship yard to purchase. Tokens can be bought from the Cstore or the in game player exchange. The Event reward ships are pretty much a fleet ship in all but name. Best of all if you revert from sub to free they don't take away the extras that you earned while subbed up to that point on that character other than the currency cap. Meaning you don't lose all your bonus storage/inventory space.

If AoC allowed you to remove/boost the currency cap to sub values for $5 or less, made is that all mounts can be used especially the pay ones (coin cap removal would allow you to get enough gold to buy the Advanced riding training), and didn't reduce the available bank storage space for a free account. introduced a way to earn pay currency through gameplay, keep from selling pay to win gear, re-introduce vanity armors to the store, and allow full acccess to all "base game" content (content not added in the expansion releases), along with the planned removal of the sub requirement to access expansion/content that you paid extra for, I think they could turn around the F2P model to increase the cheeks in seats which would also help the subscribers since there would be more people to play with and sell things to in the trading houses.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345