Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please revamp the F2P Model.

I came here to complain about this so figured I'd just express myself in here
    I love AoC but I simply don't want to subscribe to it right now. And for me, that means I can't actually play it with any level of enjoyment because the model sucks. I've got 127 + levels, a few 80s that I haven't even played yet and limited character slots - it seems kind of pointless for me to do any pre-80 content because of this. I've bought RotG and turan - along with the original game. I've subbed off and on over the years.. And then when I come to play for free, I've got these really heavy handed restrictions (I can't even play the expansion that I purchased) and all of the store items are just not very appealing. Renting time to do dungeons etc.. I just think they need to go back to the drawing board and implement less restrictive features so that people will actively get engaged in the game and eventually spend money.

I've also played LOTRO - and i've spent thousands of dollars on that game (much more than on AoC) and it's in large part because I've actually been playing it. I feel like they have a system where you eventually own the content - so you feel like the money you spend is worth it - being a subscriber has nice perks but does not give you access to anything you can't access alternatively by not subscribing.

For me, that's the deal breaker and why I never bother playing this game. Because it's sub or not sub.. There is no alternative

damn you squeeze those brains. The money is there you just doing everything (which apathy basically) to shy away any potential customer. And ffs make an expansions, 7 years almost and just patches and small areas.

Adding an expansion will do nothing for this game without people immersed in the current content. The current model prevents that as even people that HAVE purchased the current expansion do not have access to it without a subscription, a rule none of Funcom's other titles follow. Just giving purchased content to the purchaser and offering an avenue outside of the in game store to purchase said content will enable an influx of players. The pay to play genre of games has long since past. It died years ago, and those that caught wind of this changed their plans to a hybrid or b2p model. This game had it's shot at this three years ago, and came up with this model which is a blatant cash grab. It is an extended free trial incentivizing subscription as the only real means of playing the game to its fully potential, and as I have stated is a failed approach and does not work in the current market with the current competition.

The truth is, there are too many games in the over-bloated mmo market that offer more content than AoC for free, with a sub fee that only grants minor perks. Rift's content is completely free to dive in including raids/gear/advancement systems/chat/etc and those that had purchased the expansion prior to its free to play release received all the souls that came with it (meaning the game was/is 100% f2p), Aion did this, Tera has done this, Lineage, Wildstar, etc. Why would anyone choose to play or invest in a game that offers less and charges for more than anything on the market? Heck, even a trash game like Alganon changed its model years ago realizing it had no chance of acquiring new players with a subscription oriented model and went with a b2p/f2p system where you can pay to unlock the full game without a sub fee.

The problem is that they dont even support their current game and its current content. So why would they show the effort of supporting future/newer content? They say they are attempting to change it, and like I stated in my thread... It's three years... Where is it? Funcom does not even promote its game where they have it hosted (steam) or even on the f2p mmo sites. Just a google search of the games name shows this game has not been talked in any outlet other than these forums for months/years. This all boils down to Funcom's choices, and whether they are willing to make the right decisions, and as they have shown for the three years this system has been out... I dont have my hopes up.

Just to add another view of a Conan fan who really wants to return to AoC but logic and numbers are really making it hard.

For me the cost of a transfer or transfers which is necessary to continue on with the active community, Turan which I would really like to buy, and a sub so I can play RotGS that I already own is all way more expensive than just about any other mmo option out there. Provided they suit what one is looking for in a game.

For example I decided to get in on the TSW ultimate sale that is going on. Which I am really glad I did btw. However I truly wanted to buy back in AoC , but I would be spending at least 3 times as much to get much less. I would be willing to spend much more on AoC, but it just seems that so many things are not going to happen with the title. I have no personal issue with supporting funcom through TSW or AoC, but when you actually compare the models and content it is like they are almost refusing money from AoC. Anyone who can do basic math would have to have a major passion for the Conan lore to defy the costs.

As for me I am so close to putting that investment back into AoC, but really....Exiles is coming. I don't think it is being made any more obvious than it already is...that is where their effort is going. I'm not saying that in a bad way at all. I'm just acknowledging what the future seems to hold for the franchise. I may be wrong but I have a hard time imagining AoC's population rising after Exiles comes out. I suppose in the end Funcom will get my money, just not near as much as they could have.

http://www.ageofconan.com/news/lette..._game_director .

Oh excited have they heard us? removing restrictions to some playfields?

Quote Originally Posted by Daneus2212 View Post
    http://www.ageofconan.com/news/lette..._game_director .

Oh excited have they heard us? removing restrictions to some playfields?
    No because they said they were working on this month's ago. Now they are saying it is going to be even longer. Itso like they don't even want people spending money on this game lol

Or as someone said, AoC's subscription model is currently a mess, and it takes time to sort it out.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Funcom

Yeah, the review we're conducting is fairly comprehensive. Thanks for your patience, everybody
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Just wanted to say that announcement of upcoming F2P revamp made me play AoC again. I hope you guys open Khitai for F2P players.
    Last edited by mindw0rk; 23rd April 2016 at 00:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Yeah, the review we're conducting is fairly comprehensive. Thanks for your patience, everybody
    Looking forward to the subscription changes

I hope they are more relaxed on the ftp playerbase and offer better perks for us subscribers. I feel that would help bring our community together more and give folks incentive to pay for a subscription as well.
    Hrulfr - Bear Shaman of Crom

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast