Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please revamp the F2P Model.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    I think the F2P model is great. The only reasons I'm subbed is for the character slots and the inventory boost. Well, and to assuage my conscience by paying for something I'm enjoying .
    I guess you are a roleplayer ^^
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

I am a firm believer of B2P instead of F2P models.
    They should make the shop way more interesting, and make the money that way. People saying pay a monthly sub if you like it, clearly don't see the problem, Subs is so yesterday. They could make way more money if they made the cash shop better.
    See lord of the rings online is one of the more successful games transitioned to the F2P, you can unlock the content while playing.
    I don't feel like throwing money at a game monthly or the other subs models, we are not getting enough for it.

When I first saw AOC go F2P I though yes I am going back. Then sadly I was so chocked to see how it became F2TRY. The biggest letdown as I mentioned earlier is the lock on the expansion, I already bought it, then I should have access to it, don't tell me that is not wrong.

I still miss the game but I can't enjoy it when I am forced to pay a sub for a so called F2P game

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    low blow bro
    Con is never a dump stat!

Quote Originally Posted by Fistthumper View Post
    low blow bro
    Not at all , but look at the average roleplayer . They have t1 , maybe t2 gear , a skimpy set to play the harlot and they need a location where they can be alone .
    No need for a sub in that case.
    Typing on mobile

Funcom can't make RoTGS buy-to-play unless they add new content. Revenues would plummet as people would stop paying their subscription in droves.

I'd like for them to open up AA's for F2P players, and all of T1, T2 and T3 raids as well as oldschool dungeons.
    Last edited by krippa; 28th July 2015 at 00:46.

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    Funcom can't make RoTGS buy-to-play unless they add new content. Revenues would plummet as people would stop paying their subscription in droves.

I'd like for them to open up AA's for F2P players, and all of T1, T2 and T3 raids as well as oldschool dungeons.
    As I said the cash shop should be their main income.
    As a subscriber should be more rewarding with better monthly gifts, boost etc.
    Other games are doing it.
    The game should be for the players.
    In my book the developers has to invest in the players, not the other way around.
    It will draw in a bigger crowd and more money, also seen done by other games.
    The content you don't want to pay for with a micro transaction, should be unlocked only with a Sub.
    Subs unlocks it all obviously.

If they make good content the players will pay for it.
    We should not be forced to pay a sub to enjoy a F2P title.
    We should be encouraged to support the game with the cash shop, boost, unlockables, vanity gear, special mounts, character slots and etc.
    F2P players often use more money on a game using the cash shop than a subscription based player.
    It is obvious here the money should be made.

Invest in the players and they will pay "$"

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Sure, if you are into power rangers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=75&v=anp2auWG9o4

I doubt that would appeal to AOC playerbase
    well depends,i found friends from aoc playing rift and they play both now.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneus2212 View Post
    As I said the cash shop should be their main income.
    As a subscriber should be more rewarding with better monthly gifts, boost etc.
    Other games are doing it.
    The game should be for the players.
    In my book the developers has to invest in the players, not the other way around.
    It will draw in a bigger crowd and more money, also seen done by other games.
    The content you don't want to pay for with a micro transaction, should be unlocked only with a Sub.
    Subs unlocks it all obviously.

If they make good content the players will pay for it.
    We should not be forced to pay a sub to enjoy a F2P title.
    We should be encouraged to support the game with the cash shop, boost, unlockables, vanity gear, special mounts, character slots and etc.
    F2P players often use more money on a game using the cash shop than a subscription based player.
    It is obvious here the money should be made.

Invest in the players and they will pay "$"
    +1
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 28th July 2015 at 12:30.

Depends on what you mean by "roleplayer."

I'm guessing that I probably don't fit what you mean by it.

I like playing the game as if I were playing D&D old school. Roll up a character and go out adventuring. I don't get into playing a "role." Never have in 40 years of playing D&D and probably won't in a MMO.

But, I do like and appreciate realism in my gaming choice. AoC meets that in spades. Except for the bozos playing rabbit and jumping all over the place for no reason other than that they can.

But when you are free to play there is hardly anything to explore , isn't it ?

By the way you can also jump with a sword in real life , more realistic than some guy throwing fireballs
    Typing on mobile

But when you are free to play there is hardly anything to explore , isn't it ?
    Not at all. There are lots of places in which to wander and find odds and ends lying about. I probably have yet to find everything there is to find.

By the way you can also jump with a sword in real life , more realistic than some guy throwing fireballs
    Except, in the context of the environment, throwing fireballs is "real," whereas jumping about like a pogo stick on speed still looks moronic.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast