Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doubt on pve gear t5

Default Doubt on pve gear t5

other day i see one demo full t5 with second demonic servant (second pet) in Lost Temple

I thought it (buffs T5) only worked in pve, but is wrong.

What works only in PVE are the finesse hits, right?

but the 6 seconds increase on Burn to death does not work in pvp, right?

and the buff 25% spell critical chance on big heal work in pvp?

(both full t5)

All of the T5 combo/spell abilities improvements work in pvp, the only thing that doesnt work are the added protection buffs for soldiers. I dont see this as any kind of advantage, anyone who wears full set of T5 is taking huge risk in dying superfast, still not better than pvp gear.

Finesse hits. Set bonus. 2 different things. Set bonusses work in pvp, finesse hits don't.

Set bonuses that work:
    Soldiers: extra critigation amount
    Healers: extra crit chance and prot on big heal
    Rogues: - barb gets +5 secs on his reaver/zerker stacks - Sin gets +6% damage after consuming lethargy debuff with face stab - Ranger gets longer duration on focussed fire.
    Mages: - Hox gets double duration on btd - Demo gets extra pet - necro gets +6 (?) secs on pestilential blast and 50% extra critdamagerating on the ticks from that spell.

None of the finesse hits (direct damage or buff to player) can be gained from hitting another player.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Finesse hits. Set bonus. 2 different things. Set bonusses work in pvp, finesse hits don't.

Set bonuses that work:
    Soldiers: extra critigation amount
    Healers: extra crit chance and prot on big heal
    Rogues: - barb gets +5 secs on his reaver/zerker stacks - Sin gets +6% damage after consuming lethargy debuff with face stab - Ranger gets longer duration on focussed fire.
    Mages: - Hox gets double duration on btd - Demo gets extra pet - necro gets +6 (?) secs on pestilential blast and 50% extra critdamagerating on the ticks from that spell.

None of the finesse hits (direct damage or buff to player) can be gained from hitting another player.
    Prot from big heals gives a negative pvp prot value.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

I've seen that same demo in minis, he's just trading deaths for kills. I don't see the point in wearing that gear for an extra pet. From what I could tell in the minis I have seen this, it does next to nothing. PvP armor is still far superior than PvE armor for PvP, which it should be.
    Doomsayer 2008

The only OP thing I have noticed is the T5 hox buff that extends the Burn to Death dot with 100% duration. For those that dont know, its a dot that hits for around 700-1200(crit) a sec for 12 secs. This guarantees a kill when applied to most classes that dont have bubles, its nasty. However the hox usually dies very fast after applying the dot which is a fair trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    The only OP thing I have noticed is the T5 hox buff that extends the Burn to Death dot with 100% duration. For those that dont know, its a dot that hits for around 700-1200(crit) a sec for 12 secs. This guarantees a kill when applied to most classes that dont have bubles, its nasty. However the hox usually dies very fast after applying the dot which is a fair trade off.
    Not seen someone other than that demo in t5. Feated BtD with an 100% duration? I am glad there are only about 2-3 Hoxes on Crom that can even get that off on people
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Not seen someone other than that demo in t5. Feated BtD with an 100% duration? I am glad there are only about 2-3 Hoxes on Crom that can even get that off on people
    they usually pop Morph and pop cc break during the loooong combo to ensure it doesn't get interrupted and run away to safety, the HoX doest make it very far and dies while trying to run away but they get a 1 for 1 kill/death.

Default resume

in resume: stop to farm pvp10...go in raid.
    Nazariin - Assassin 7 - Crom
    Rebriarah - BS 4 - Crom
    Ismemah - Hox - Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    they usually pop Morph and pop cc break during the loooong combo to ensure it doesn't get interrupted and run away to safety, the HoX doest make it very far and dies while trying to run away but they get a 1 for 1 kill/death.
    Who is this 'they' you talk about? I know only 1 hox on Crom that is full T5 and pvps somewhat regularly. I'm also pretty sure he will do better then 1:1 regardless of what gear he uses.

You also overestimate how hard BtD is to get off, just like you overestimate how hard it hits. It never hits for 700-1200 on a player that has pvpgear unless completely debuffed with spiritual wrack, torments and ruin.
    I've experimented with it a bit and you can get pretty decent scores using some BtD every now and then if the situation allows it.
    Sadly in standard possession/general build spamming pillars and enslaving fire is still better then your other combos. T5 gear might even it out but keep in mind that goes at the cost of a ton of protection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast