Thread: pve/pvp server merge

Default pve/pvp server merge

Merge the pve and pvp servers and let players choose which mode they want to play in when they enter a zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemedes View Post
    Merge the pve and pvp servers and let players choose which mode they want to play in when they enter a zone.
    Merge the pve and pvp servers - and you will lose your subscribers.
    Edit by Anzu: Flame/Troll.
    Last edited by Anzu; 24th July 2015 at 04:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Belch View Post
    lalala Edit by Anzu: Flame/Troll. lalala .
    Lol , so much hate
    Last edited by Anzu; 24th July 2015 at 04:56.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Merge the pve and pvp servers - and you will lose your subscribers.
    Edit by Anzu: Flame/Troll.
    You can not prove that this will be the case. I am pretty sure they might even GAIN subscribers by such a move, if done right. Or they would, if they added proper payment options again
    As already posted months ago, this will only be as you say, if they simply merge and scrap one ruleset (in this case i fully agree).

This should be no issue, if you let players choose the type of zone as the poster before you wrote. Fearing that global will be spammed by pvp trolls is not a good reason to oppose it, as well as fearing no more pvp in the pvp zones is not a proven argument either (why then are the "pvp" zones on fury empty?).
    The only valid reasons against a merge are
    - admitting that funcom is not going to fix or invest in aoc pvp and has no confidence in the expansion and capacities of their own main workhorse game
    - more lag and capacitiy problem

Problem 1 can be solved by a simple change of attitude of funcoms management -> more players, more money (also for the other games again)
    Problem 2 can be solved as well by admitting success and at least considering to expand servers again. Maybe move a lego or tsw server or resources to aoc purpose for a change?
    Last edited by Anzu; 24th July 2015 at 04:57.

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Lol , so much hate
    There are very strong feelings of hate from that server. See Anzu for example.

As for op. This discussion has been beaten to death many many times. It is just not realistic as far as funcoms current capabilities. Simply put they lack the manpower and the resources. You simply have to choose. On crom you can pve to your hearts content and play pvp in minigames and cimmerian end. On fury you can pvp in all zones though usually it depends on what the daily zone is. But you will find pve lacking.

Minigame population is roughly the same on both servers. You'll encounter less tier 5 pve geared players on fury who can one shot you from what I gather.

To put it bluntly if you desire a mix of pve/pvp play on crom. If you desire pvp only and have a thick skin play on fury.

As for a merge forget it. It's just not going to happen.

You're better off quitting and playing something else.
    Last edited by Spreadicus; 18th July 2015 at 17:34.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

I once tried to pvp , was eager to conquer the great challenge ! I ended up with a KD of 2/1337 and since then I deeply hate every other person who choses this savage form of entertainment called pvp.
    I consider myself a well-educated humanist and I share my knowledge online so people get in touch with my higher values and superior quality!
    On topic now (also sorry for slightly changing the quote above) , kill the last pvpers and you've also killed AoC for good . When a minority gets wiped , the majority stops being the majority , ends up being the whole , where pluralism dies.

For the ones who dont get it , we're on the same boat pvers and pvpers.
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Your such a carebear Ethicx ! Gank them all and lets be done with it !
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

merging would not change the game for pvp'rs, would just allow people to switch at will between pvp and pve
    keep the same rulesets for pvp and pve, just allow people to choose which ruleset they go by when they enter a zone
    how is that so hard to understand, more players on one server
    same rulesets, same activity, just maybe more on the pvp side if peeps didn't have to role a toon for pvp specifically
    just trying to help you pvp nimrods out, personally im too friendly to give a crap about pvp, I like helping (and sorry for that)

for what its not worth - Vixcen
    more likelihood of people jumping in to choose pvp ruleset on entry of zone, meaning more people for you pvp Edit by Anzu: Players.[/QUOTE]
    to gank, how could you not want that? - lol
    Last edited by Anzu; 24th July 2015 at 04:59.