Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming back as F2P

Default Coming back as F2P

Hi everyone, I'm an old player since launch and i kept returning once every 1-2 years but i always left after a month because the state of the game just made me sad...

Now for the first time i wish to return only as F2P and i want to ask you guys what kind of random activities i could enjoy, solo or with a guild, other than just T1 and pvp with the same 10 people. I'd like to lvl a fresh character but last time, as a dungeon lover, i was dissapointed that almost nobody is leveling or doing any old instances like sanctum... My characters are on Crom so feel free to suggest anything or any guilds that plan fun random events

With the addition of achievements there are a lot of people leveling and looking for level specific dungeon runs for the purist achievement. Although I'm not sure what dungeons aren't available for f2p players, if any.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

Well as usual after every comeback i leave disapointed. Reading about the Vanaheim fiasco was "entertaining", same old Funcom... then enjoyed some lovely pvp while noticing this "combojumping" technique i keep hearing about, as if my pvp 0-2 characters don't endure enough deaths from all the pvp 7-10s, so pvp is still a huge 'no' for me...as for PVE i am far too limited as f2p and this game is just not worth being subbed to.

Tried loving this game since beta. I left and returned a dozen times at least, payed sub, noticed that nothing really changed or that everything went downhill and then left.

Now on top of all this, i have the luck of being in the EU and enjoying HUGE lag spike or constant lag which i never had before they relocated servers and whatnot. Great game, horrible management and marketing... for the first time in my life I am bothering to type an "I quit" message that's how depressing the state of AoC looks for me as an old, returning player.

Quote Originally Posted by Khasul View Post

Tried loving this game since beta. I left and returned a dozen times at least, payed sub...

... for the first time in my life I am bothering to type an "I quit" message that's how depressing the state of AoC looks for me as an old, returning player.
    TBH; sounds like you'll be back, AGAIN, before you know it. Unfortunately, it's a common pattern with the player-base/FUNCOM relationship.

I would say that it would be healthy for you to push-back from the computer and pick-up a hobby. FISHING! That's relaxing.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Thanks for the suggestion but i already have several relaxing hobbies other than gaming :P

As for the common pattern i doubt i will be returning again if this time i'm not even giving the game more than 1 day... I will lurk on the forums to see what Funcom is messing around with next and if they do something meaningfully fun for the casual player then i will give it a shot.

Thanks for the suggestion but i already have several relaxing hobbies other than gaming :P

As for the common pattern i doubt i will be returning again if this time i'm not even giving the game more than 1 day... I will lurk on the forums to see what Funcom is messing around with next and if they do something meaningfully fun for the casual player then i will give it a shot.
    Well if you gave it only one day, that's arguably not enough time to make an informed decision on changes to the game. Additionally, why bother lurking on the forums? What changes would entice you to return? Jumping Puzzles and Squirrel Mounts? AoC has never really been a casual MMO. It's unique play style (combat) and low fantasy atmosphere are what draws most of us in.

Make some friends in-game and dig in. When you're with the right group/guild; the game is exponentially more enjoyable. Pm me and I can steer you in a direction based on what you're looking for.

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

As if someone could really judge what combojumping is when playing pvp after Such a long time and having obviously next to nonexperience in pvp whatsoever....

You read something about it but dont know what it is. The jumping you see in pvp isnt combo jumping at all 95% of the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    As if someone could really judge what combojumping is when playing pvp after Such a long time and having obviously next to nonexperience in pvp whatsoever....

You read something about it but dont know what it is. The jumping you see in pvp isnt combo jumping at all 95% of the time...
    In OPs defense; there are a number of videos demonstrating the. Combo-jumping feature. So there's a good chance they know what they're talking about. Maybe.

My early experience with PvP was tough rolling in with a caster or healer. I would say; if you're new or low leveled ~ start with a tAnk. Understandably, most ppl focus on soft targets for the kills and to gimp support. So it can be a buzz-kill.

As i mentioned i spent a month in this game every year since launch. Didn't really need more than a day now because all they added is the achievement system and that new "anniversary content" which seems like a joke to me for payed content... It looks like something they would've added as free temporary content and then they said to themselves "hey let's say it's awesome new content that happens to be released on anniversary". I can rant on and on about Funcom's "tactics" but we all know it's pointless :P

I am looking at every side of the game. I want to enjoy dungeons/raids, pvp, professions and maybe even some RP. Minis are absolutely dreadful as a beginner... On fury there's barely anyone playing and on Crom mostly there are just some minis going on (if sieges actually happen and work then please excuse my ignorance). I used to be pissed of at combo-skipping for a long time and refused to do it cause to me it obviously looked like an exploit... then they fix it and now players use combo-jumping or whatever.

Thanks for willing to try to steer me in a direction... i'd like to find an enjoyable experience in the game and i am aware i need a nice guild/group for that. I love the game, still feels new, fresh and unique on the mmo market but the frustration caused by lack of communication from FC and poor decisions is too much sometimes and they get in the way of wanting to play this game.

As i mentioned i spent a month in this game every year since launch. Didn't really need more than a day now because all they added is the achievement system and that new "anniversary content" which seems like a joke to me for payed content... It looks like something they would've added as free temporary content and then they said to themselves "hey let's say it's awesome new content that happens to be released on anniversary". I can rant on and on about Funcom's "tactics" but we all know it's pointless :P

I am looking at every side of the game. I want to enjoy dungeons/raids, pvp, professions and maybe even some RP. Minis are absolutely dreadful as a beginner... On fury there's barely anyone playing and on Crom mostly there are just some minis going on (if sieges actually happen and work then please excuse my ignorance). I used to be pissed of at combo-skipping for a long time and refused to do it cause to me it obviously looked like an exploit... then they fix it and now players use combo-jumping or whatever.

Thanks for willing to try to steer me in a direction... i'd like to find an enjoyable experience in the game and i am aware i need a nice guild/group for that. I love the game, still feels new, fresh and unique on the mmo market but the frustration caused by lack of communication from FC and poor decisions is too much sometimes and they get in the way of wanting to play this game.

Yup...he has certainly played the game for a while and knows what he is talking about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast