Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aoc is still a great game.

Default Aoc is still a great game.

Just a little positive thread saying that I have started playing AoC again and it is still a great game. I know especially if you are veteran who played for years there are few updates and the latest one is of lower quality however you know what is there is still great. I know the passion shown on these forums shows you love it too!

• Graphics are still pretty dam good, Khitai is beautiful.
    • Music is great everywhere and actually puts a smile on my face. Conalls Valley music anyone?
    • Community is better than these forums would suggest as I get lots of help either to questions or directly.
    • There's a lot of content for a newer or returning player. Obviously this is different for Veterans but there are alot of zones with lots to do , which in Funcom tradition slows to end-game grind.
    • Nothing quite feels so visceral as the combat!
    • Conan is "Cthulhu Fantasy" - ducking awsome and is shown in the artwork such as the various Armor's available. My Necro with Demon Mantle Clock (with Wing animation) looks Eveel.

Go placidly forth... (yeah right you stinking cess pit of scum - haha) ...it's still a beautilful world!

Oh and say hi in-game to me

P.S.

Feel free to list the things you love about AoC (leave the things you don't to the other 20 threads please - ty).

/Cult.
    Last edited by CultofXtc; 28th May 2015 at 04:34.
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

We all know how good AoC is. The issue raised at the moment is how badly funcom is managing the game.

We are right to expect something in exchange of our subscription to AoC, it is just as simple as that.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    We all know how good AoC is. The issue raised at the moment is how badly funcom is managing the game.

We are right to expect something in exchange of our subscription to AoC, it is just as simple as that.
    Well I know all of that, there's lots of posts saying it. This game isn't ONLY bad, there's lots of great things about it aswell and that's what I said. Should have posted this elsewhere, or just not bothered.
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

Quote Originally Posted by CultofXtc View Post
    Feel free to list the things you love about AoC (leave the things you don't to the other 20 threads please - ty).
    • The low fantasy design of the old world. You fight Vanir, Nemedians, desert raiders, Picts. But deep inside, you know that there is something strange lurking in the shadows (usually readily identifiable by Acheronian architecture).
    • Real world inspiration. This goes hand in hand with the low fantasy point. I really like how e.g. architecture is based on real world examples. Same for the music. And it does make sense, since Hyboria is the real world.
    • Music - goes without saying. I cannot think of many game scores that even come close (on top of my head, only The Banner Saga).
    • Combat animations. Not just fatalities, but of course the game wouldn't be the same without them. Though some high-level combo animations are a bit over the top (Upheaval anyone?).
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

AoC is still great game, Funcom just give them **** amount of money and **** amount of staff.

AoC is the best MMO, too bad it has never had another big expansion after khitai or continued with adventure packs like Turan and on a regular basis.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by CultofXtc View Post
    Well I know all of that, there's lots of posts saying it...
    It's the MMO I always find myself coming back to. So, YES, it's great ... But if you're interpreting the mass of threads here as hatred towards the game; you're dead wrong. It's our distaste for the management of this fine title.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

"Aoc is still a great game"

+1

It's the best MMO !
    FURY

Thumbs up

With all its flaws... with all my leavings (and returns)...

AoC is still the best PvE MMO for ME (graphics, music-OST, sounds, combat, low-fantasy, motion capture, quests, REH, unique classes).

So keep up the good (but hard) work those who are involved (Cirith alone? Hope not!).
    Kejml aka Lordgraa - ToS legend from Blackscar server and Thoth Amon`s best friend =o)

Quote Originally Posted by Kejml View Post
    With all its flaws... with all my leavings (and returns)...

AoC is still the best PvE MMO for ME (graphics, music-OST, sounds, combat, low-fantasy, motion capture, quests, REH, unique classes).

So keep up the good (but hard) work those who are involved (Cirith alone? Hope not!).
    Totally agree, go Cirith!!! We know you do the best you can in the given circumstances.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast