Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World boss

Default World boss

Can anyone explain the mechanics on the current world boss, it seems the debuff just keeps stacking and no way to avoid it. The entire group dies over and over and its really not fun at all. I see the electric currents and can get away, but doesn't seem to help. I really understand that Funcom wants some mechanics behind the fight instead of a freebee, but would be nice if someone can explain so its not so painful

Funcom made somethig that doesn't work and is therefore not fun? Strange.

Considering that you can have up to 17 debuffs on your character at once, all 'cooled down' to zero, and that these debuffs will not disappear when you die and ress out but DO disappear when you do an alt Z (or zone or log off and back in)...I think its bugged.

I put a thread on test server forums asking about this too. It seems really strange that my t3 guard can't tank it, but dies to the debuff like a one shot. And then people complain that the necros kite it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Considering that you can have up to 17 debuffs on your character at once, all 'cooled down' to zero, and that these debuffs will not disappear when you die and ress out but DO disappear when you do an alt Z (or zone or log off and back in)...I think its bugged.

I put a thread on test server forums asking about this too. It seems really strange that my t3 guard can't tank it, but dies to the debuff like a one shot. And then people complain that the necros kite it.
    The Stacks are nuts, I have tried everything to get rid of them, and its really NO FUN. Death doesn't get rid of buff, NOTHING gets rid of it. I really don't understand the point of making another painful week that no one enjoys but we have to do to get at least one toon thru.

"The stacks" are just a visual bug, they have no impact on the fight, you can easily remove them by realoding your UI by typing /reloadui

What actually kills all the ppl is the mechanic of the Sonic ripple. Its a debuff which is casted on a random player, it has a 5s countdown after which it detonates dmging him and everyone around him for 15% of his hp, then it spreads to everyone who has been hit and of course after another 5s everyone detonates hitting and killing everyone.
    Pogecor - PvP 10 Guardian
    Micinecka - PvP 10 Priest of Mitra
    Pichalka - PvP 10 Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Pogec View Post
    "The stacks" are just a visual bug, they have no impact on the fight, you can easily remove them by realoding your UI by typing /reloadui

What actually kills all the ppl is the mechanic of the Sonic ripple. Its a debuff which is casted on a random player, it has a 5s countdown after which it detonates dmging him and everyone around him for 15% of his hp, then it spreads to everyone who has been hit and of course after another 5s everyone detonates hitting and killing everyone.
    It's probably not a great idea to have mechanics like this for a world boss due to: sheer volume of players involved, typical higher lag than normal (related to #1), and finally, for lack of a better way of putting it, "a generally less than optimal level of player skill regarding mechanics".

While I applaud Funcom for adding some level of complexity to world bosses to not make them pure loot piñatas, going overboard on the other hand makes for a very painful experience for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    It's probably not a great idea to have mechanics like this for a world boss due to: sheer volume of players involved, typical higher lag than normal (related to #1), and finally, for lack of a better way of putting it, "a generally less than optimal level of player skill regarding mechanics".

While I applaud Funcom for adding some level of complexity to world bosses to not make them pure loot piñatas, going overboard on the other hand makes for a very painful experience for the week.
    Agreed, this just makes people want to ignore the WB this month. If they keep up this trend of adding new mechanics that cause the kill time to double, and encourage people to stay dead on the ground to not miss out on loot, then the WB events are going to suffer significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Agreed, this just makes people want to ignore the WB this month. If they keep up this trend of adding new mechanics that cause the kill time to double, and encourage people to stay dead on the ground to not miss out on loot, then the WB events are going to suffer significantly.
    sadly this is why i always wait a few days on WBWBWBWB week since its 90% borked at first until there is usually a patch on friday to 'fix' it.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

The world boss is a loot piñata, which if you think about it is good for new players and vets alike, hardcore players don't need the loot, its just fun to get pets and find out what's in the treasure chest. NEW players DO need the loot, but if they have to experience long painful fights, then I would guess they would see the game as NOT MUCH FUN. I have no idea why we can't get a balance between a complete stomp boss kill and a stupid mechanic that wipes everyone.
    I don't care if a new player farms the world boss and gets geared out in T1/T2, that makes them more viable to do six mans with and eventually to raid and get involved in the game. But this discourages even Veterans, I can't imagine what a new person must be thinking.

Funcom team are bunch of Edit by Anzu: People. This month is world boss is good proof of that fact.
    Last edited by Anzu; 3rd June 2015 at 20:23.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast