Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A question about Soldier talents

Quote Originally Posted by Xarios View Post
    Just. Roll. DT. Seriously, what is the problem with these people here defending guards. It's a garbage class; it's why they're the least popular soldier class just call it for what it is!
    But then the only way they can go from here is to get buffed. DTs can only get nerfed. So...?

Just. Roll. DT. Seriously, what is the problem with these people here defending guards. It's a garbage class; it's why they're the least popular soldier class just call it for what it is!
    And now i'll ask you to list your sources for that sentence, because I see slightly more DTs in game than guards, but I don't see more conqs.

Really, why do you hate guardians so much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    And now i'll ask you to list your sources for that sentence, because I see slightly more DTs in game than guards, but I don't see more conqs.

I think that's combat's new username and he's been griping about dts for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    I think that's combat's new username and he's been griping about dts for years.
    I chose Guardian because I like his playstyle + he can only get buffed, not nerfed. DT has all of that just with - sign . Boring gameplay until 80(imo) + he can only get nerfed. Plus I dislike evil guys. So...yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehkur View Post
    I chose Guardian because I like his playstyle + he can only get buffed, not nerfed. DT has all of that just with - sign . Boring gameplay until 80(imo) + he can only get nerfed. Plus I dislike evil guys. So...yeah.
    They will never NEVER nerf Dark Templars, just trust me.

They will never NEVER nerf Dark Templars, just trust me.
    Why? It's a simple tweak to ONE skill after all!

I just learned the amount of hp regen lifesaver gives you. It's ~95% of Toughness which'd tell it's ~125-133% of recovery. On level 30, they give me 44 hp/4 or in another words, 11hp/s. That's almost like 50% of potion. I'd say that it's some halfway between blue heal and a green heal. Definitely welcome for solo and everything sub raid. Look, it allows you to survive CRAZY stuff with a potion active.

Next, I'll learn about CS stance + Anticipation dmg. If it does at least the dmg of CS/guard...it'll be more than enough. These tiny benefits add up and integrate into a beautiful and effective class. Is it broken like DT? No, it isn't. But then again, DT is kinda...meh and subpar to other two tanks. Until you get vom, ofc! And that's literally all there's to Dt...a single broken skill. Without it...it's really mediocre.

Guardian is not for ADHD mindless children after all .
    Last edited by Nehkur; 3rd June 2015 at 22:28.

In 6mans, you'll get constantly denied aggro [/b]
    lol. If you're bad.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post

There was a ton of conqs for a while - until they fixed t4 loot drops anyway. Every man and their dog was farming for that stupid op sword on their "just off tortage" conqs hehe.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

The burst aggro of a guard is amazing, and maybe it's not the most aggro in terms of soldier to soldier, but the reliability and survivability is Amazing, and the aggro is still enough so that dps doesn't have to worry about a dang thing. And thats the most important part of tanking in the first place. Ya, maybe measuring Epeens vs other tanks the DT and Conq have an edge, but really for me I just love the guardian play style and the tools it has to help the group. Conq is my 2nd favorite class for soldiers, and the DT is dead last. The reason is stated below.

Being good on a Tali DT is like saying your good at riding passenger in a lambo.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast