Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A question about Soldier talents

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post
    i dont agree at all - first what this guy seems some pve wannabe only, guard imo got it all - bursts, ccs, buffs, survivalability and cc immus, and it pve case from what i heard and did i know its damn hard to take agrro from well played guard

DT isnt certainly a main tank since he cant do it on versatile basis on his own - need for example mana tap for sure - which he havent got much on his own, also he havent got any bubble just pet which is pretty much stupidest thing in game - DT is for noobs and wannabies

Conq yes he is strong but nowwhere near as guard, you said he is nice dps ok yes but he cant be tanky too much while at it, also conq is boring - so stupid class mechanics that could be only at him that exist in game - you may say he is still good - but its boring!
    I know all how Guard was nerfed. I was there when Dulling Blow was actually useful(instead of dull **** it is now). I witnessed CS bleed etc passives getting removed. I witnessed the utter gutting of a class. That's why you need a CR guy who focuses on PvP. Only such guys know how to diffuse the incessant whine bomb of PvP-ers and relate actually important info to devs so as not to get a class gutted.

Yes, I want only to play PvE. A dungeon here or there, story, explore, do my things. I also like reactive/resilient style of guard. I'd like it even more if he focused a bit more on DoTs but meh. Can't have it all can you? Plus it's one of my first classes so I really want to at least finish the AoC story with him. So I put a nail in that coffin so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehkur View Post
    I know all how Guard was nerfed. I was there when Dulling Blow was actually useful(instead of dull **** it is now). I witnessed CS bleed etc passives getting removed. I witnessed the utter gutting of a class. That's why you need a CR guy who focuses on PvP. Only such guys know how to diffuse the incessant whine bomb of PvP-ers and relate actually important info to devs so as not to get a class gutted.

Yes, I want only to play PvE. A dungeon here or there, story, explore, do my things. I also like reactive/resilient style of guard. I'd like it even more if he focused a bit more on DoTs but meh. Can't have it all can you? Plus it's one of my first classes so I really want to at least finish the AoC story with him. So I put a nail in that coffin so to speak.
    Yes we used to be only class that can wear full plate too. Was wonderful class now it's very redundant/un-useful. I recommend if you are going casual to focus PvP. It's purely up to you on how good you are on PvP and not up to fellow players who may not even be there (sad state of game). But if you just want to do K6's then plenty of that everyday. Overall, try to have fun thats what counts.

P.S. Seriously, play conq or dt for soldier you will absolutely hate your guard @endgame.

Actually the BV concept of guard was really great in the past, the other tanks get hits and you can stack up vengeance quick to do huge BV dmg to take aggro back.
    After BV was nerfed, the aggro gap is starting to be imbalance.
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarios View Post
    Don't play Guardian.

It's a trash class for vast majority of game except maybe Emperor (T4), Louhi/Thoth(T3) and T5(Guards reasonably useful here). In 6mans, you'll get constantly denied aggro (it becomes 5 man effectively, since as a guard you're not even doing too much DPS) and the crappy CtA and things are not worth it if you can just replace the guard with a pure DPS (although AoE spell effects; CtA/battlecry is pretty decent).

The developers are trying to balance classes out but it's hard for them since the game is so small and players finnicky of getting 'nerfed'. So, if you are not full into your guard yet, try to start a conqueror (excellent DPS, useful low CD bubbles, and most of all only in-combat rezz in game) or DT (the actual Main Tank of game).

P.S. Don't let anyone else babble anything else to you. I probably have the most hours on Guardian in the game and have been playing it since 2009, it was very powerful class at start then slowly all the power was taken away over the years and now it's junk class. People always try to defend Guardians in this forum but when I meet them in-game on their guard they're aggro is junk and they really don't know how to play it... yet they say it's "best main-tank class". So, overall stay far far away from this class
    That is totally inaccurate, if not plain wrong. And since you're talking credentials, I've been playing guard since the early access in 2008, and I have four of them As for having "the most hours on Guardian in the game", you're not quite there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Guard class is Amazing first of all. CS sucks even after revamp 2nd of all, and when it comes to SnS vs Pole the SNS will win every time. We can continue to debate if you choose, but rather than debate it lets prove it in game instead. Makes more sense.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    Guard class is Amazing first of all. CS sucks even after revamp 2nd of all, and when it comes to SnS vs Pole the SNS will win every time. We can continue to debate if you choose, but rather than debate it lets prove it in game instead. Makes more sense.
    Yeah, imo CS should retaliate only vs a guy who struck you while Guard should have 50% chance of pbaoe retaliate.

Polearm needs some serious help.

edit: it'd all be fixed if we could be allowed to be the only full plate class again. Conq and DT simply weren't designed with FP in mind, it imbalancess them too much. This way, I have a fix, which I wrote before:

-> Make Storm Blade an AoE proc.
    -> Make Storm Strike proc Storm Blade on struck enemies + make it increase Storm Blade dmg afterwards
    -> Make Guard a PBAoE defensive proc.
    -> Buff Toughness in Juggernaut

Those 4 are all fairly easy fixes that would do a LOT to bring back Polearm imo. Keep in mind, you're going to be a defensive/retaliatory fighter no matter what, so might as well embrace it.
    Last edited by Nehkur; 2nd June 2015 at 16:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    That is totally inaccurate, if not plain wrong. And since you're talking credentials, I've been playing guard since the early access in 2008, and I have four of them As for having "the most hours on Guardian in the game", you're not quite there.
    It's pretty accurate bud. You have to play the other soldiers to understand the whole picture. As a DT I have more burst aggro, you may "touch" the boss for 1 or 2 seconds from the very first pull but I go ritualistic bloodshed get insta stacks, irritate and off to the races we go, you'll never see your name in targets target again. Conq is a bit less apparent but with BoA proper weapon switching and spec you can lock out anyone. It's because most DTs and Conqs are played at 60% of their full aggro potential because it's not needed. But if you "play to lock" so your DPS can go nuts, DTs and Conqs are it.

Believe me, I have went through every iteration, every possible class combo (some classes give hate buffs which help guards more then anyone) if you want that crazy 1 minute raid achievement or turn some encounters into EZ mode then you want the safety of a "DT lock".

OP just trust me, Guard is a completely useless class. I've tried for years to get them to even 80% capacity to that of a DT...just not possible; something inherent in the mechanics of the classes is broken (biggest culprit being VoM). Just go DT.. or Conq for pinache/flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarios View Post
    It's pretty accurate bud. You have to play the other soldiers to understand the whole picture. As a DT I have more burst aggro, you may "touch" the boss for 1 or 2 seconds from the very first pull but I go ritualistic bloodshed get insta stacks, irritate and off to the races we go, you'll never see your name in targets target again. Conq is a bit less apparent but with BoA proper weapon switching and spec you can lock out anyone. It's because most DTs and Conqs are played at 60% of their full aggro potential because it's not needed. But if you "play to lock" so your DPS can go nuts, DTs and Conqs are it.

Believe me, I have went through every iteration, every possible class combo (some classes give hate buffs which help guards more then anyone) if you want that crazy 1 minute raid achievement or turn some encounters into EZ mode then you want the safety of a "DT lock".

OP just trust me, Guard is a completely useless class. I've tried for years to get them to even 80% capacity to that of a DT...just not possible; something inherent in the mechanics of the classes is broken (biggest culprit being VoM). Just go DT.. or Conq for pinache/flavor.
    Lucky me, I already have two conqs and one DT. Again: saying that the guardian as a class is useless is just plain wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

If I could have a wish fulfilled, it'd be that CS becomes a Buff instead of Debuff. In short: remove the requirement to have that Debuff on enemies in order for it to deal damage. That'd be so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehkur View Post
    If I could have a wish fulfilled, it'd be that CS becomes a Buff instead of Debuff. In short: remove the requirement to have that Debuff on enemies in order for it to deal damage. That'd be so nice.
    Just. Roll. DT. Seriously, what is the problem with these people here defending guards. It's a garbage class; it's why they're the least popular soldier class just call it for what it is!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast