Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Achievements - Vanaheim Treasures

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralFear View Post
    4) Njord the Bloodaxe (rare version of one of the jarls in Heimdall's Greathall) spawns in the room above the mezzanine.
    same room as the star trek dude in normal mode.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralFear View Post
    4) Njord the Bloodaxe (rare version of one of the jarls in Heimdall's Greathall) spawns in the room above the mezzanine.
    Also seems to require the Jarl quest which I haven't gotten in the 3 weeks I've been trying for the targets I needed. Figures, right.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Thumbs down not-so random sidequests?

seems the intented randomness for the quests given in the 3 Vanaheim maps are not quite as random, at least not for me...

I'm only two days off rank-4 now, have all the targets of interest, but still miss 2 of the quests; only getting the same quests over and over again
    - and for some of the others, I believe I was just lucky to even get those once

I get 9 times out of 10 the quests to either collect gold and/or destroy catapults
    somewhat rarer I get the quests to destroy the fishermen tents / distract the mammoths / kill the loggers+overseer / collect battle plans

that's about it in the last map - most of the remaining quests there I only got a single time;
    but I'm still missing "Accident in the Making" and "Poisoning the Well"
    (I know these quests do exist and are not bugged or something since I did those on some Alts - just not on my main Achievement char)

Is there any way to "farm" those quests?
    - the way I tried it (delete those sidequests, zone out, wait 30 minutes to reset the instance, re-enter, re-get the quests), I always end with exactly the same quests - every time
    - I didn't dare to delete the main-quest as well yet - since in the last map, the earlier parts to even get there (e.g. kill Bergelmir + Vanir Champion) are already completed and on 20hour cooldown;
    so I suppose I could not reach the final map without those...(?)

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgomir View Post
    seems the intented randomness for the quests given in the 3 Vanaheim maps are not quite as random, at least not for me...

Is there any way to "farm" those quests?
    - the way I tried it (delete those sidequests, zone out, wait 30 minutes to reset the instance, re-enter, re-get the quests), I always end with exactly the same quests - every time
    - I didn't dare to delete the main-quest as well yet - since in the last map, the earlier parts to even get there (e.g. kill Bergelmir + Vanir Champion) are already completed and on 20hour cooldown;
    so I suppose I could not reach the final map without those...(?)

To facilitate groups getting the same quests, the randomness is not completely random. That is, for any given "Funcom day" the same quests will be given. As to what the quests will be, that is random, but yes some quests are more common than others, but remembering there are quests for each of the 4 maps and then also the multi-map quests (which you will pick up in the 1st zone). 99% of the time, if you are doing the full quest line each day, you should expect to have seen all quests before you hit rank 4.

Quote Originally Posted by yyema View Post
    99% of the time, if you are doing the full quest line each day, you should expect to have seen all quests before you hit rank 4.
    well, me is one that 1% then... I am rank4 now but still missing one quest (Dangerous Game iirc)
    - I cannot play each day, due to raids and RL - guess I have missed those days :/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345