Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Cetriss, Server Merges, and Crafting Revamp time frame

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    i thought the crafting revamp was supposed to come out first because it was to be tied to the new loot system in raids & dungeons :

"After update 4.5, our next major focus will be pushing the long-awaited Crafting system out the door. We’re hoping to have that in place during early 2015. The itemization of our content releases will rely, to some extent, on the crafting system so it is a major priority to get this finished." http://www.ageofconan.com/news/game_...4_january_2015

"Once the crafting system is in place, we have a good solution for loot and expanding upon the dungeon and raid system." http://www.ageofconan.com/news/game_..._february_2015

so i guess they are abandoning that then and just going with the standard "increase dps another 5-10% on new raid gear".
    How often these days have they 'met their stated mark'. Sadly, rarely, and then drop some random content on us anyway.

It's interesting to note that FC implies crafting is implicitly tied in to the raid. I was merely contemplating a method whereby they could break off the first and maybe second bosses to cut our teeth on for a while which gives them time to work on more bosses and crafting thereafter. Traditionally, this would be easy, because the first few bosses in the T2 and T3 raids had nothing to do with crafting, but maybe this new dungeon has you progressing through all of them in a way creating ingrediants for final boss. This is all just me speculating, and just wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    How often these days have they 'met their stated mark'. Sadly, rarely, and then drop some random content on us anyway.

It's interesting to note that FC implies crafting is implicitly tied in to the raid. I was merely contemplating a method whereby they could break off the first and maybe second bosses to cut our teeth on for a while which gives them time to work on more bosses and crafting thereafter. Traditionally, this would be easy, because the first few bosses in the T2 and T3 raids had nothing to do with crafting, but maybe this new dungeon has you progressing through all of them in a way creating ingrediants for final boss. This is all just me speculating, and just wishful thinking.
    The whole approach is disturbing. Crafting should be a pillar of progression in its own right, with own curve, resources and own grind first and foremost. It should give people NOT interested mainly in raiding or fighting something to TRADE and do with their own part of the community.
    Then come further boons available only by doing other content. The system as it is also should not be tied to specific parts of the game to get released at all. Making it modular with extra stuff available from raids is fine, but the system as such should be able to stand on its own (e.g.: gathering resources, training skills (or getting knowledge), breaking and making stuff, selling stuff). It is like making the release of cars and roads dependant on the new model from brand xy

IF funcom can not provide this, it might be better they do not release their vision of crafting at all, since it most likely is inbalanced and not well thought out in the first place (just look at the contradicting info on how it should work.). At least now we have a working system (as system, not as in balanced for power compared to other routes and also not as in "popular"). This does not mean it works well, but it can be fixed and expanded without messing things up. You might change a "fixable" problem into a complete mess, if you do not spend enough time on the system choices. The fact alone that they thought there "can be no conversion rules, because it is a different system", speaks for itself and their knowledge and progress in both the old and possible new system.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 7th June 2015 at 06:57.

I don't know what you're all expecting out of crafting. It's a system update, it's not content, and it will be interesting for about 6 weeks like achievements were and then we can go back to complaining for content again.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    I don't know what you're all expecting out of crafting. It's a system update, it's not content, and it will be interesting for about 6 weeks like achievements were and then we can go back to complaining for content again.
    Totally agree, plus I always thought that we've never needed craft revamp to start with. The problem is that crafting in AoC has been abandoned since 2009 and stayed underdeveloped even after Khitai. All it needed was to make new gems, updated the old ones that were useless, introduce new recipes, new epic weapons and accessories to craft, 6 man crafting encounters and so on...

We've never needed a new crafting system, the whole revamp idea actually turned out to be a development black whole, all we needed was to keep on developing the current system and keep it up to date with the rest of the game.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Personally, I would be willing to spend years to make new powerful items. Above all, it would be worth it to!
    The current system is absolutely not able to compete. Need to consume months and years in order to obtain the items, which are worse than those that can get a couple of days. Actually after 2-3 days you can wear full epic armor kit obtained from World Boss. In addition, the low level raids is very accessible to all.
    Last edited by Ernests; 7th June 2015 at 14:45.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

systems in this game suck; murder system, broken renown system, siege system, current outdated crafting system etc.

just adding new raids and new dungeons along with the occasional pvp minimap every 3-4 years isn't the way to go either. i think this update will be good if you're able to customize your stats on gear like they said, (health tap dt, evade sin, etc.). it *could* add more complexity and theorycrafting to classes & builds.

assuming the entire crafting revamp hasn't been scrapped ofc.
    Last edited by krippa; 7th June 2015 at 16:27.

Found some old footage from early 2013 that I believe not many have seen. I would imagine this is for the upcoming dungeon The Slithering Chaos. Whatever it is the monster look epic. GIEF

http://gfycat.com/BlushingForcefulFerret
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Found some old footage from early 2013 that I believe not many have seen. I would imagine this is for the upcoming dungeon The Slithering Chaos. Whatever it is the monster look epic. GIEF

Yeah that must be slithering chaos, ****ing epic!
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

this is the same model they used for the statue of set... interesting!!
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post

Omg that monster. Thanks for sharing, was confused as to why that thing from the concept art wasn't in Cetriss.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast