Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Cetriss, Server Merges, and Crafting Revamp time frame

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    this is the same model they used for the statue of set... interesting!!
    Because it's Yig, Father Of Serpents.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

probably Set and Yig its a same divinity

the skin is realy bad ass, probably we can see again this boss in cetriss. One boss in cetriss video is not spoilers yet so...
    " The only matter I do not take seriously, boy, is you.
    Your politics bore me. Your demeanor is that of a pouty child.
    And apparently, you have alienated my favourite game, conan.
    I will honour our agreement fool, if you bring me that i have asked you.
    But if you return to me empty handed again... I will bathe the starways in your blood."

Quote Originally Posted by Lostworld View Post
    yea, it can be. after all, the serpent man's divinity was yig, so it wouldn't make sense to put the statue of another divinity in one of their buildings. but when you do the quest "in favor of set", the statue talks to you, and identifies itself as set.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

the spoiler boss might be.... Ankh Ausar, the mad arecheologist who after receiving the ''shard'' started spoken the outer world god gibberish.... so....

this video has the same monster image that was on the concept art of dragon spine too, named Avatar of Yig it is for sure from the Slithering Chaos. Nice ''mob''
    The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men.
    ---
    Zarathustra - Dark Templar
    Utawarerumono - Bear Shaman
    Caim - Herald of Xotli
    Silmeria - Assassin
    Nekoruru - Conqueror
    Manah - Priest of Mitra
    Samanosuke - Guardian
    Isztaria - Demonologist
    Lenethia - Ranger

yea, it can be. after all, the serpent man's divinity was yig, so it wouldn't make sense to put the statue of another divinity in one of their buildings. but when you do the quest "in favor of set", the statue talks to you, and identifies itself as set.
    Pretty sure it doesn't identify itself as Set. But it is labelled Statue of Set (To not spoil everything before player's get a chance to speak with it).
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Pretty sure it doesn't identify itself as Set. But it is labelled Statue of Set (To not spoil everything before player's get a chance to speak with it).
    i forgot to take screenshots of the dialogue... i guess i will have to do it again on another character...
    anyway, there's not much to spoil.. dragonspine is out since a very long time...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

i forgot to take screenshots of the dialogue... i guess i will have to do it again on another character...
    anyway, there's not much to spoil.. dragonspine is out since a very long time...
    Well what to say. When Funcom created Dragon spine, they most likely would not spoil everything before players had a chance to do the content...

Also, this statue is placed on top of an ancient Serpent man city that predates Stygia and it doesn't look Stygian at all (Stygian style= Ancient Egypt like in Khemi and Kheshatta).
    and others...

Quote Originally Posted by Lostworld View Post

the skin is realy bad ass, probably we can see again this boss in cetriss. One boss in cetriss video is not spoilers yet so...
    I've long interpreted Yig as sort-of an older, half-dead aspect of Set, like how a snake sheds its skin and leaves behind a husk, only it's a god that did it, and the husk is still alive. Makes sort of sense for me considering real-world mythological motifs like the Ouroboros and divine rebirth. At least it explains why Yig's appearance isn't like that of a normal snake but rather like some sort of pre-historic monstrosity, and why Yig is in Dragonspine while Set is said to be sleeping in Khemi.

Perhaps someone who has actually read all the Conan books and related Lovecraftian stuff has the real explanation though.

If I remember my readings correctly, Set is an otherworldly creature, similar to Yag-Kosha, that came to Earth a long time ago. I'd say that Yig is something like that too, an entity so powerful and alien it created a new species tens (or hundreds) of thousands years ago, that worship it as a god.
    Short cuts make long delays.

before the cataclysm that sank atlantis and shaped the current hyboria, there were ancient kingdoms, one of them was Valusia - serpent kingdom that was later destroyed (probably by lemurians, the people of east) and after that they began to worship a snake-god - those are the ancestors of Stygians (dragon spine, the ruins of serpent men are in stygia too)

In times of Kull the serpent men hid themselfes among humans using shapeshift-magic and tried to overthrow the human kingdoms by manipulations/infiltrations etc.

I can't remember all those things exact, but I read some background books covering the topic of dragon spine some time ago...

The most info about this topic can be found in books like : Conan (prologue and description of the world) , Kull and Conan and the Emerald Lotus (many places like Oasis, Palace and many NPC are a follow up to the book, funcom made a really good job)

Doing the main quest (flute quest) gives us the background intrigue, and we get to know that it already was set in motion in ancient times (yog-Sogoth in House of Valka/Crom) ... I just want more story and more Quest and an end to this chapter!
    Last edited by Lady-Zarathustra; 9th June 2015 at 09:00.
    The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men.
    ---
    Zarathustra - Dark Templar
    Utawarerumono - Bear Shaman
    Caim - Herald of Xotli
    Silmeria - Assassin
    Nekoruru - Conqueror
    Manah - Priest of Mitra
    Samanosuke - Guardian
    Isztaria - Demonologist
    Lenethia - Ranger

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast