Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the deal with the new patch?

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Do I understand you correctly when I say one can only buy the Prime bears from the new faction if one buys the CE version?
    You understand correctly yes, though there are 12 bear mount variations available, the Prime bear is a vanity upgrade only.

Should have included a new raid like Turan.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    I can't comment too much on anything related to the business model, but the basic idea was to have the new mount bundled with the content access though; but I can make it clear what the content contains:

Immediate bear mount unlock (additional swift armored version with the CE, also access to Prime bears on the faction vendors).
    Access to the Shadows of Vanaheim permanent storyline and locations (not premium).
    Additional vanity helmet, tattoo and treasure chest with the CE.

Access to the Shadows of Vanaheim storyline.
    The storyline will take you into Conall's valley night then onwards into the Blue Mountains which form the wall between Vanaheim and Asgard (a zone around the size of Tarantia Commons District, then into Fort Storisbjorn a new outdoor location in the Vanaheim Tundra and finally into the Greathall of Heimdall.
    These 4 new/revisited instances scale their content by adding additional foes based on the number of players present (adding additional foes up to 3 players). The locations are instanced so whether you are playing alone or with friends the location will be unique for you (like a dungeon).
    Supplementing the main quest line which will take you through all 4 instances there are 6 pools of side quests which will create unique combinations each day to take you to different sub sections of the zones or focus on different foes.

Loot from Shadows of Vanaheim
    Aside from xp, coin and rare trophies the main loot is controlled by the new faction that this content introduces.
    These vendors are located in Conarch Village where their available items are visible (you can check this in game without the content unlocked), but these items range from progression to leveling and new vanity items in the form of cloaks, helmets, tattoos and the bear mounts.
    After the 1st completion of the scenario you will have faction rank 1 at this point the option to play in hard mode by activating the Vanir War Horn will be made available, this scales all content to level 85 and increases the token and faction gains.
    The loot is set up so that there is no random element and so that no loot is restricted to anyone, it can just be gained quicker if playing in Hard Mode and by doing the side quests or grouping up.
    Nothing bad against you, we understand you're under a short leash. BUT its very frustrating to have heard so much about cetriss in the past, and now its completely silent. Not a word. If its stopped in development, let us know cause we wonder every day. Its very hard to believe you actually have anything done regarding cetriss and slithering chaos, Cause a normal game company would have teased with pictures if not videos from it. Now instead of the content we've been promised for our sub-fee. We get content which we have to pay extra for. This might be the grave...
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

For the last three weeks its been a struggle just filling raids with guildies, every week less and less folks log on, these same folks will NOT log on and pay for this kind of "deal", some of them will just go away and never be seen again. Most of the folks who just disappear never post on the forums, never even say a word, then just give up and move on to something else. Every day I see EVERY big guild recruiting, even having T5 on farm does not promise them a full raid force and solid player base. Unfortunately these same guilds have very few to pick from to recruit and so more guilds die. This kind of "offer" is sure to make more mad and will not entice MOST of us to buy the content. I am a die hard fan girl and will be here until the lights go out, but with this kind of customer incentives the lights will be going out sooner rather than later. Even as a huge fan I feel like I was slapped on the face and then had a bucket of ice water poured over my head, I say no, my guild will say NO. I am willing to pay a reasonable price for real content, but don't make me pay a stupid price for an anniversary event and expect me to think I am getting a deal.

a lot of accumulated anger here and in a content release... How did AoC survives to date???

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    You understand correctly yes, though there are 12 bear mount variations available, the Prime bear is a vanity upgrade only.
    REALLY??? So lets hypothetically say I bother with buying the NORMAL access option to this new content.

Does that mean I can NOT buy any of the the various Prime Bear's - EVEN IF I am rank 4 with the new faction AND have all the Tokens, and Rares necessary???
    I am the Guardian!

Forgotten - until the time when the trumpets of battle sounds, and those who would destroy them come forth.

And then the cry goes up, "Where, oh where, is the Guardian?"

Pray to your gods that I continue to answer that call!

Many of you guys screaming and shouting about "this is it , now im out" "not gonna resub" etc. etc.

Nobody is forcing you to spend all you life savings on this content.
    FC could choose to make a "Halloween" like aniversary quest thing that mostly last for a week.
    But instead they put some work into it and make bigger & better content that is permanent , and they decided to charge us for it.

Its about 15 - 25 Euro. (Most people spend this on a night/day out)

You can choose if you want to pay and play new content or not to.

Quote Originally Posted by hooligandy View Post
    Many of you guys screaming and shouting about "this is it , now im out" "not gonna resub" etc. etc.

FC could choose to make a "Halloween" like aniversary quest thing that mostly last for a week.
    But instead they put some work into it and make bigger & better content that is permanent , and they decided to charge us for it.

Its about 15 - 25 Euro. (Most people spend this on a night/day out)

You can choose if you want to pay and play new content or not to.
    Theres in general two ways to go for an modern mmo, F2P with bought adventurepacks, or subscription that cover development of new content, not both at the same time. Look at TSW, Buy to play, and they get much more new content, that they can acces trough the funcom points they get each month. I understand those that doesnt give a damn, but you must understand the people that feel betrayed too.
    Last edited by magnum92; 20th May 2015 at 17:09.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by hooligandy View Post

Woowowow always that lame argument.
    Do you know they consume ressources for it ? Ressources that would be better spent in needed updates. I can live with T5/unchained recycled content... But this is too much.
    Ressources paid with subs. You know, subs for maintaining the game updated.
    Instead they offer that and delaying once again long-awaited content like Dragonspine.
    And the arenas... you know, the next big thing coming ? Delayed again.
    It seems since Nusquam despawned the plans for 2015 have changed totally. Adios crafting revamp and arenas, seems the new plans are thoses tale of hyboria mini episodes (but maxi charge for players :P).
    Looks like hard times for Funcom games are hitting AoC harder than ever.

TSW : PAY ONCE + PLAY FOREVER.
    AOC : PAY FOREVER + PAY ONCE (and WAIT FOREVER)
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Really hard to convince myself paying for this kind of content that is supposed to be coming on anniversary of game i 've being playing for 7 years while having a yearly sub running ,just saying .

Also have to cheer for Anzu moderating this thread !Do your best !

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast