Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the deal with the new patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    I'm a US player, so I only pay $6 USD per month with the subscription bought on sale. The game is good overall and seems to have plenty of content from my perspective as a relative newcomer. If the only way to keep AOC going is to sell adventure packs going forward, then that is what Funcom must do.
    Well, the only problem is that nearly nothing of the money from AoC customers comes back to AoC in form of REAL content. I read Slith's post on his blog and saw how awful this content update was... it looks like it was made by some beginner modders in Skyrim...
    Last edited by xCodename; 22nd May 2015 at 22:33.

I'm a US player, so I only pay $6 USD per month with the subscription bought on sale. The game is good overall and seems to have plenty of content from my perspective as a relative newcomer. If the only way to keep AOC going is to sell adventure packs going forward, then that is what Funcom must do.
    There are many other ways to keep AoC going without charging outrageous prices for lackluster content on top of charging their paying customers for a sub. Many players have named ideas.

Simple advertising would boost the game's population up.

If adventure packs are where they hope to make money then they need to adjust prices accordingly. 750 points for a single character unlock for the content, or 1575 for acct wide collectors edition, as well as make the game b2p.

I've done the quest twice on a leveling toon and once on an 80 and for me, there is little point in redoing the content.

@Cirith the faction points you get per run are a complete joke. even in HM and with all side quests you have to do this quest daily for over 2, nearly 3 month to get to rank 4. i have 12 twinks, if i want the ring i need to do the quest 12 times day which would be more then 12/7 for about 3 months. Sorry, but are you quite sane? The amount of boring grind is just stupid. You really have to look into that, this can't be true after all the mess you already caused with this release and how poorly it was made. even tripling the amount of faction standing per run isn't enough....

Do something about it, i accepted that there is no birthday event, i accepted that i have to buy for the small area, i accepted the poorly made recycled content somehow but i wont accapt insane grind anymore.
    Last edited by Zatochi; 22nd May 2015 at 22:47.

Here is Henryx's walkthrough for The Shadow of Vanaheim pack. The content doesn't look that bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY1RqxC3R5s

I haven't bought the pack and played it yet, but my Guildies said that it wasn't terrible, just OK. A bit of a disappointment.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Edit by Anzu: You will let people say what they want to say. You have no right to say someone's post is not to be taken into account.
    Last edited by Anzu; 25th May 2015 at 15:30.

Here is Henryx's walkthrough for The Shadow of Vanaheim pack. The content doesn't look that bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY1RqxC3R5s

I haven't bought the pack and played it yet, but my Guildies said that it wasn't terrible, just OK. A bit of a disappointment.
    it does look bad. did you watch the entire video? 28:00-30:00 Look at the terrain. this content shouldn't be priced at more then $5.00. The "story" quest is extremely short and most of this is just a mob kill grind.

it's not "ok" it's overpriced garbage that was quickly slapped together to make a few dollars. if you buy it, you're only supporting mediocrity mate. hold funcom to higher standards.
    Last edited by krippa; 23rd May 2015 at 00:52.

As FC wrote , Vanaheim is the first of more new "scenarios" that they would like to add to the game.

I think this is getting too much negative feedback. I bought the Vanaheim and I think its great.
    New faction , new mounts, new gear& items, new achievements and new adventures.

All this for the price of 2 bottles of cheap wine...and this result in all this whine ( hmm.. )

I use about 1.5 hours to complete this scenario and I recommend other players to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beggar View Post
    As FC wrote , Vanaheim is the first of more new "scenarios" that they would like to add to the game.

I think this is getting too much negative feedback. I bought the Vanaheim and I think its great.
    New faction , new mounts, new gear& items, new achievements and new adventures.

All this for the price of 2 bottles of cheap wine...and this result in all this whine ( hmm.. )

I use about 1.5 hours to complete this scenario and I recommend other players to buy it.
    He he. I wouldn't go this far, but the players I have communicated with in game didn't think that the pack was bad at all.

from where you are buying you membership for only 6 USD ?

Quote Originally Posted by mgnnhm2008 View Post
    from where you are buying you membership for only 6 USD ?
    Here:

http://www.ageofconan.com/news/uniqu...new_world_boss

$98 USD / 16 months = $6.125 per month