Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: What is the deal with the new patch?

The concept is Edit by Anzu: Flawed. They ask us to pay a sub or be locked out of everything we unlocked/paid for. The f2p model of AOC is retarded unless you are a new AOC player. I refuse to sub and pay for content on top of it (unless it's content like a vanity set etc.).

I have been subbed for 4 years and bought stuff on top of that sub, and I have seen a minimum of content for my sub money so either Funcom goes B2p like with TSW, or they can go jump in the ocean for all I care. And this new piece of content is cheap and thus a ripoff...

My sub is done in July this year and I'm hesistant to renew it. Do I really wanna fund Funcom's TSW adventures yet another year? Last year I already had my doubts about resubbing but did and got not much.

Basically, Funcom is doing their best to drive vets away. I mean, going f2p locks me out of every Edit by Anzu: Damn thing that I bought/unlocked.

I used to love this game, but Getting treated like a Edit by Anzu: Simpleton really pisses me off!

Ps. And yeah, When a US player goes "mi mi mi I pay almost nothing for this game and all is great" then I can promise you that some of us are paying at least twice as much because Reasons...
    Last edited by Anzu; 25th May 2015 at 15:35.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Everyone complaining is making a good point about the AOC sub vs. the TSW sub however. I have subs to both Funcom games but I receive 1200 Bonus Points each month for my TSW sub account which is enough to buy any TSW Collector's Edition Issue if I save the points for 3 months. We receive 200 Bonus Points each month for an AOC sub account. Those points expire after 6 months if they are unused, so the total number of Bonus Points that can be saved for future purchases has a ceiling of 1200 points.

If the Shadow of Vanaheim pack is an indication of the price of future packs sold in the AOC Store, AOC subscribers will receive at most a 75% discount for their subscriber points on the regular pack priced at 1575 FP. And that is only if they use all of their Bonus Points saved for 6 months (the timing of the pack's release has to be right as well or one month of those points will have expired). As AOC is less profitable than TSW, this move may be necessary financially but it will still anger some people.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Actually, from looking at the funcom financial reports, it's AOC which is profitable while TSW is bleeding. No wonder since AOC players needs to be subbed to get a playable experience (at least for people who spent a lot of time/money in AOC). But still AOC players gets the bad deal, so yeah, guess our money is going to TSW and they have been for several years.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

[Edit by Drest: No we don't use those kinds of images here. Not ever.]

lulz yep ^
    Last edited by Drest; 23rd May 2015 at 13:00.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Ps. And yeah, When a US player goes "mi mi mi I pay almost nothing for this game and all is great" then I can promise you that some of us are paying at least twice as much because Reasons...
    €1.0 = $1.10 (US) as of today. So the price is not all that different between the two largest markets for the game like it was when the exchange rate was more like $1.5 per euro. I guess the rate may be worse in some other markets but it's at least reasonable between the main ones.

However I don't think you'll see many people from any country running around saying the sub price is a good deal overall based on calculations from the 1 year promotional pricing. Most people I know are on 1 or 3 month subs which are significantly more. I look at the rate of content being cranked out for other sub games like WoW or SWTOR (which is "free to play" but very restrictive like AoC) or even Rift (really free to play) and wonder where even that quoted $6.125 sub money is going.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Actually, from looking at the funcom financial reports, it's AOC which is profitable while TSW is bleeding. No wonder since AOC players needs to be subbed to get a playable experience (at least for people who spent a lot of time/money in AOC). But still AOC players gets the bad deal, so yeah, guess our money is going to TSW and they have been for several years.
    If you want to talk the financial side of this, Funcom's stock is down 5% since monday.

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    If you want to talk the financial side of this, Funcom's stock is down 5% since monday.

Good stuff. I'll be voting with my wallet and canceling as well.

Edit by Anzu: It could have been fun, but it's not. And insulting people is not allowed on the forums, even by proxy.
    Last edited by Anzu; 25th May 2015 at 15:42.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Edit by Anzu: It could have been fun, but it's not. And insulting people is not allowed on the forums, even by proxy.
    That was great!
    Last edited by Anzu; 25th May 2015 at 15:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Bvis View Post
    €1.0 = $1.10 (US) as of today. So the price is not all that different between the two largest markets for the game like it was when the exchange rate was more like $1.5 per euro. I guess the rate may be worse in some other markets but it's at least reasonable between the main ones.

However I don't think you'll see many people from any country running around saying the sub price is a good deal overall based on calculations from the 1 year promotional pricing. Most people I know are on 1 or 3 month subs which are significantly more. I look at the rate of content being cranked out for other sub games like WoW or SWTOR (which is "free to play" but very restrictive like AoC) or even Rift (really free to play) and wonder where even that quoted $6.125 sub money is going.
    for me the thing looks like this: U$-1,00- = R$3,09 / €1.0 = R$3,41 (BR)

Brazilian guys and girls are F***d!