Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Give free transfers, please Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Oduda View Post
    Banned? Never once have I ever been suspended. Trolling? Nope, I just express an opinion other that the one that the pvpers insist is the ONLY opinion anyone is allowed to have.
    NO bro you are always vehemently anti pvp to the point it's fanatical. I don't know what your deal is, don't rightly care either but yes as I see it you always troll pvpers. Everyone is allowed an opinion in my view but you clearly would wish nothing less than to see every pvper gone from the game. It's evident in every post and flammatory comment u make. It's one thing to have an opinion bro but what you have is seething anger and hatred for an entire community and why is that? Did the gankers really break you that badly? I'm pretty sure I know what name you played as in days of old. You used to be a pvper. What happened to u man. .
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadicus View Post
    NO bro you are always vehemently anti pvp to the point it's fanatical. I don't know what your deal is, don't rightly care either but yes as I see it you always troll pvpers. Everyone is allowed an opinion in my view but you clearly would wish nothing less than to see every pvper gone from the game. It's evident in every post and flammatory comment u make. It's one thing to have an opinion bro but what you have is seething anger and hatred for an entire community and why is that? Did the gankers really break you that badly? I'm pretty sure I know what name you played as in days of old. You used to be a pvper. What happened to u man. .
    I just looked through the last year or so of his posts, and while yes, he generally is the opposite of the "More PVP, More PVP, More PVP" people, I wouldn't call him vehemently anti pvp. Definitely not fanatical. I would hardly call it trolling either, it is more of just a differing opinion.
    (Except for that one post yesterday. Though there does seem to be a lot of truth to his statements.)

Back on topic, I don't think free transfers are the solution. And Merging Fury/Crom such that people still had their open world PVP options would probably take too much work for the expected gain. In short, there is no good easy solution, and we here are far from the most qualified to determine what is the best for Funcom to do, so for now we just have to sit back, wait, and hope they come up with a workable solution.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I just looked through the last year or so of his posts, and while yes, he generally is the opposite of the "More PVP, More PVP, More PVP" people, I wouldn't call him vehemently anti pvp. Definitely not fanatical. I would hardly call it trolling either, it is more of just a differing opinion.
    (Except for that one post yesterday. Though there does seem to be a lot of truth to his statements.)
    [/I].
    You know this really irritates me.

You are going to tell me this post by him is truthful? let's have a look

Go cry in your pillow already. PVPers wanted levels, got them
    Most pvpers i know did NOT want the new system actually. Many people desire the days of pre 1.04 and the fact you could pvp with something simple as a broken oar. The days when gear did not matter much. Those were fun times. Gear has changed the game. The ones who wanted it are gone mostly. It was a system forced onto us by funcom as a way to cater to people who needed "incentive" to pvp. I myself pvp for the fun of pvp not because of incentives.

They wanted gear, got it and Edit by Anzu: Complained.. They wanted this, that and the other.
    What is this that and the other exactly? Seems like anti pvp ranting to me.Something he does quite often.

They make such a toxic environment that they chase away those who might have been willing to stay
    This argument always cracks me up.. So this guy is saying a "toxic environment" caused him to flee to the refuge known as crom? give me a break. If he has an issue with people talking smack , which btw is an essential aspect of the fun of pvp, then he could simply ignore anyone he chose, the option to ignore players is an option for everyone. This "toxic environment" he speaks of exists on crom too. People talk smack in global chat. it is reminiscent of barrens in WOW. He could just as easily delete the global tab.

If he means toxic environment as in he cant quest in peace well then my friend that is what open world pvp is all about. the thrill of questing with danger around every corner. That is why they had pve servers. Many people joined the pvp servers and did not realize what they were getting into. When they learned they were beside themselves and screamed bloody murder about it. Then we got guards. Those world guards don't pose a problem on crom obviously but on fury and the other pvp servers they were infuriating to the point it killed world pvp or made it incredibly frustrating and to this day they still kill world pvp promptly at 8:30 pm eastern standard time when the daily zone switches. This is something i have complained to funcom about to no avail. PVP dies off and it does not restart in the new zone at 9 pm. Especially for aoe classes. This aspect alone drove players away in droves! Not some smack talk in global, Guards.. They were used and abused. People would run to them and cause other players to be shot dead in their tracks. It is a silly aspect that was way overdone in age of conan. Trust me when i tell you guards killed more pvp than anything. CE was a band aid not a solution.

Yet it's all the big bad evil funcoms fault right?
    you see how he is in full denial of laying any blame on funcom? I used to think he was some sort of funcom shill or one of the devs venting on an alternate account but who knows. What I do know is this is ludicrous that he truly believes this, That the pvpers had any control or say whatsoever in the changes to the game that led to the current state of things. Sure they offered feedback and not all of it was good But at the end of the day all decisions were final by funcom. I am shaking my head at this statement. Yes tell us about how we (pvpers) deemed pve more important that pvp thus causing no pvp content for years because we were dying for tier 4 raids, Making tier 4 weapons so powerful in pvp you had to raid t4 to acquire the best "pvp gear" (t4, i suppose we asked for that too right?). the same minimaps ever since jebbhal sag was released at least 5 years ago? Nothing new added since.. Except bugs in the queue of course.. Oh that has to be the fault of the pvpers right? they broke the queue! *smh*. Oh and the minigame random queue thing that continues to infuriate everyone involved, I hate not being able to pick my teammates.. It's a system that caters to super casuals and solo players, Anyone can find a friend or a group and join the queue but people want to be solo.. Oh and lets not forget the "balance algorithm". Because everyone knows how that worked out. I bet you blame the pvpers for that too? I mean come off it oduda.

Funcom could have made this game great but they didn't, they made bad decision after bad decision and now they have abandonded the project more or less to the hands of Sezmra and whoever else is unfortunate enough to be left behind. bad decision after decision and now everyone is crying for safe refuge on crom which is not much better because you know as well as I that Crom isn't faring that much better in the pvp department. do you know why? because the pvper population you hate so much has more or less quit the game for greener pastures. PVE alone much like pvp alone cannot sustain a community/guild/server etc.. But Blame the pvpers right? Because we don't enjoy playing the same way you do. We must be toxic! some opinion man. The only one who's toxic is you. You bias your view against an entire community of players who simply prefer the dynamic of player versus player combat over tank and spank raid bosses for 4 hours a night. Over what? a few bad apples? Get over it. There is toxicity on crom as i said that is way worse.

Pull your head out of Edit by Anzu: The doghouse and realize that not everything that is wrong with pvp and the pvp servers is funcoms fault. You made your bed now lay in it.
    I'll await a valid argument and supporting evidence to tell me why the pvpers quit the game since you are such an expert. did the pvpers leave this game because of the "toxicity" of the community really? or maybe because of the reasons i listed? What about the players who you label as toxic? they quit too you know. Is it because of the "toxic community"? I am a pvper and have been for awhile. I don't hold myself higher than anyone else in this regard. It is just the way i choose to play because i find pve mind numbingly boring. There is a plethora of better pve games out there i could play. take your pick they're all much more engaging. age of conan has(had) the best pvp.

you say we made our bed and have to lie in it but bro, crom is in the same boat whether or not you want to accept that. Once fury dies crom is next. Pvp on crom is no better than fury and minis die off there too during certain hours. Face it man the games going downhilll and its funcoms fault. Look at every other mmo out there that is doing well. They issue updates constantly and keep their players happy, They let them group up for their equivalent of minigames, so they retain subscriptions. After my sub runs out in July if things continue i'm gone too. Soon you'll have no one left to play with Oduda. And you can sleep better telling yourself it wasn't funcoms fault.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

When Craig went ahead with 1.5 and beyond, they were changing the player base they were marketing. Up to that point, people know it was a pvp based FFA game. 1.5 only set up the 2.0 grind fest which targeted pvers. Grind for faction, grind for gear both pvp and pve, grind for AA, grind for abilities...

Saying pvpers killed AoC is not really accurate. They simply changed their player base by changing game mechanics and fundamentals. People who enjoyed pre 1.5 left and were replaced en masse by grinders. Grinders are not pvpers, some have moved on to pvp over the years but they did not come to the game for pvp. Most players have no idea what it was like to be on a real pvp server with a population, and the little bit of flaming now is almost too much for them. AoC is just a pve game with a left over pvp system which happens to be excellent even if it has changed. Because the servers are infested with raiders and grinders who occasionally pvp, has more to do with marketing and Funcom's want to drive off a sect of the older player base, than with what any player actually did.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    When Craig went ahead with 1.5 and beyond, they were changing the player base they were marketing. Up to that point, people know it was a pvp based FFA game. 1.5 only set up the 2.0 grind fest which targeted pvers. Grind for faction, grind for gear both pvp and pve, grind for AA, grind for abilities...

Saying pvpers killed AoC is not really accurate. They simply changed their player base by changing game mechanics and fundamentals. People who enjoyed pre 1.5 left and were replaced en masse by grinders. Grinders are not pvpers, some have moved on to pvp over the years but they did not come to the game for pvp. Most players have no idea what it was like to be on a real pvp server with a population, and the little bit of flaming now is almost too much for them. AoC is just a pve game with a left over pvp system which happens to be excellent even if it has changed. Because the servers are infested with raiders and grinders who occasionally pvp, has more to do with marketing and Funcom's want to drive off a sect of the older player base, than with what any player actually did.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

When Craig went ahead with 1.5 and beyond, they were changing the player base they were marketing. Up to that point, people know it was a pvp based FFA game. 1
    It was a failed Pvp system since day 1 of the release in 2008. Everything was broken and true pvp players seeking competitive and/or fun environement has left during first weeks/months of the game.
    Remember people oneshotting others ? No penalities when making combo steps in the air ?
    Remember there wasn't any Shield of the risen meaning it was rezpad gankfest in pvp servers until people had to transfer to pve server to just... play ?
    Remember when Whitesands was crowded by bored vets playing their level 24 twinks rangers to annoy and push new players away from this game ?
    Remember when low levels minis were just the heaven for 19/39/59 alts chars powergeared by their mains to have the maximum advantage to their opponents ?
    Remember when 99% of pvpers exploited the sh!t out bugged gems, bugged charges, bugged procs and so on.
    Remember the lack of balance, the lack of teamplay, the only stat and still revelant stat for almost all unbrained pvpers is the glorious k/d calculated stupidly.
    Remember sieges being broken, minigames with 2 poorly designed maps and mixed team-pug queue resulting in trashs one-sided matchs ?
    First PvP content was introducing pvp Gear and "so-called pro pvpers" applauded cause they knew they can strenghten the gear gap over newbies and overdominate their dying servers. When i saw this, i was sure there wasn't any chance to "save" this pvp, even in a most casual way (competitive side never existed anyway, it's a Mmo, you can't do competitive pvp in a Mmo)

Everything in that game regarding PvP was broken and fail beyond relief. Funcom could have abandon all the pve side to give focus on the pvp side, and the game would have died 6 months later.

And i laugh at the suggestion, really, almost all the pvp is free to play and OP ask for free transfers ? What's the next request ? Can't wait to see what you guys will find to accuse more and more funcom when you know AoC is as much a decent PvP game than Hello Kitty Online.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

And what is solution for pvp players now???

I still need a solution for my 6 toons, which I cant play on a dead server.
    Payed transfer is no option.
    Delete and create new is no option.

Exactly this.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    It was a failed Pvp system since day 1 of the release in 2008. Everything was broken and true pvp players seeking competitive and/or fun environement has left during first weeks/months of the game.
    Remember people oneshotting others ? No penalities when making combo steps in the air ?
    Remember there wasn't any Shield of the risen meaning it was rezpad gankfest in pvp servers until people had to transfer to pve server to just... play ?
    Remember when Whitesands was crowded by bored vets playing their level 24 twinks rangers to annoy and push new players away from this game ?
    Remember when low levels minis were just the heaven for 19/39/59 alts chars powergeared by their mains to have the maximum advantage to their opponents ?
    Remember when 99% of pvpers exploited the sh!t out bugged gems, bugged charges, bugged procs and so on.
    Remember the lack of balance, the lack of teamplay, the only stat and still revelant stat for almost all unbrained pvpers is the glorious k/d calculated stupidly.
    Remember sieges being broken, minigames with 2 poorly designed maps and mixed team-pug queue resulting in trashs one-sided matchs ?
    First PvP content was introducing pvp Gear and "so-called pro pvpers" applauded cause they knew they can strenghten the gear gap over newbies and overdominate their dying servers. When i saw this, i was sure there wasn't any chance to "save" this pvp, even in a most casual way (competitive side never existed anyway, it's a Mmo, you can't do competitive pvp in a Mmo)

Everything in that game regarding PvP was broken and fail beyond relief. Funcom could have abandon all the pve side to give focus on the pvp side, and the game would have died 6 months later.

And i laugh at the suggestion, really, almost all the pvp is free to play and OP ask for free transfers ? What's the next request ? Can't wait to see what you guys will find to accuse more and more funcom when you know AoC is as much a decent PvP game than Hello Kitty Online.
    Who cares if it was all broken and a mess at launch. The truth is most players who are still around from that time remember the game being much more fun than it is now. PvP was dangerous and you had to watch yourself. There was nothing wrong with that because that's what the game was then. People knew what they were getting into on a PvP server (at least they should have), the marketing then was completely different and so was the game. There was plenty of warning at launch that this was a faction-less, FFA, PvP game which rewarded players who played in a group setting and that solo players would have to watch their back right from the beginning.

The game is completely opposite now. Your rewarded for solo play and besides some PvP events, the only thing you can do in groups of your choice is PvE. Combat is mainly based on class knowledge and gear than actual skill, players can basically sprint all over the map without consequence, and unless you grind out and gear up your character will be next to useless in anything. When they open new PvE content, they constantly down grade the challenge later so everyone can do it at some point-at least this has been done in the past.

Who cares if PvP content is free. If your on Fury or Rage, your limited to your content by population. Why would anyone be against a free transfer? Crom only has a population now because you have mostly pvers and raiders who occasionally pvp. Then you have the segment of players who enjoy both equally, then you have pvpers who want certain t5+ items (mainly weapons) who can only obtain these on Crom. The segment of people who ONLY pvp because it's free is very low, I don't see why people would want to see there players stuck on a server where they can only do content for a few hours a day.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast