Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Return to Game and cannot access an expansion pack I bought and paid for

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
    It may be poor management, but given that it's funcom, are you really surprised?

I am surprised as their approach is about 5 years behind the rest of games companies and baffling. This system they have actually punishes returning players who've given them money already, the very customers they should be rewarding and enticing - yes future adventure or expansion packs should be buy to play for those customers, but restricting a returning customer from content they paid for which they need to advance their character is just stupid. They've demonstrated loyalty and support, entice them back and encourage them to spend in the shop (boosts or whatever) and release adventure or mini packs that can be bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Anselan View Post
    I am surprised as their approach is about 5 years behind the rest of games companies and baffling. This system they have actually punishes returning players who've given them money already, the very customers they should be rewarding and enticing - yes future adventure or expansion packs should be buy to play for those customers, but restricting a returning customer from content they paid for which they need to advance their character is just stupid. They've demonstrated loyalty and support, entice them back and encourage them to spend in the shop (boosts or whatever) and release adventure or mini packs that can be bought.

I was first like you as i recently came back but then again i can understand why we need to pay for sub to use this expansions. I think its not much money invested if you think about the whole work behind it. Its not just reusing existing codes etc, sure you can use alot of placeholders but you will be more supprised if you would know how long and how much work it actuall takes to make a game in like 3 days As a 3d modeler creating low polygon models for game rez requires you to first get a high res, then create a clean low poly version out of it. Then you create the uv`s etc. In between that are different restrictions you need to be causious of and not to forget thats like just one part. Sure some of you wont know what im talking about but thats just a small part of a game designers job. Also as far as i could read in the past, the devs for AOC are not quite much people. Also i own this game since release and still havent seen half of its content which is available today. Just my 2 cents as i run ludum dare competitions once in a while where you need to create mini games in like a weekend which is possible BUT the more complex the game design (and AOC is def very complex -- i dont even want to know how complex the network coding is as it is really very good programmed i find) is the more complex the structure is built. Btw this is no offense though. Sorry for my terrible english
    Rage - Liangxu - Demo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12