Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    ... Didn't see anything about PvP. Crafters get nothing new. Anyone proof read that article?

"crafters"?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    "crafters"?
    Yes, those people that even after years of being insulted and neglected and fought against are still building up chars, collecting resources, making groups for epic recipes and join raids for making even better stuff. Not even speaking of those, who got funcomed by the renown cap and still try and build stuff for their guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Just to clear up a few points so there is no miss-understanding.

The content will be permanent.
    The content comes in the shape of a 'Tale of Hyboria', this is a new type of content release that we hope to expand on with new locations.
    Think of a 'Tale of Hyboria' like a scenario with a main quest line with pools of supplementary side quests spanning several (4 in this case) instances.
    The instances themselves are balanced for 1-3 players (rather than this being additional dungeons for 3 players on top of the new instances) similar to the more recent anniversary/halloween content (though considerably more substantial).
    Please put my heart at rest and inform us whether the new quests for levelling characters will not grant more experience in the same time frame as the average quests in the old world. The newsletter ambiguously and menacingly stated that the new content will be "a good source of XP".
    Why? It is simple. Dungeons still must be more attractive than doing the new content. Levelling speed is already extremely fast with Asura's bottles, fresh daily kills, XP potions, offline levels, and Kheshatta. Levelling group quests in the old world must give loot better than the new content too (or equal, as an alternative).
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 18th May 2015 at 03:42.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Reading the letter, i am under the impression that we're going to see more of the north, visiting Aesirs and Vanirs, explore the frozen part of Hyboria. It even seems like we're going to have actual new maps.

Surely i am mistaken.

Bear mount. Any fan of Frazetta is tripping right now, please pretty please make it right.

New faction is also good.

All in all, i for one am amazed at those news, and even if i would also like to know more about the crafting revamp and the completion of dragon spine, i'm very pleased to get more content set in the north, as so many players asked in the past.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Please put my heart at rest and inform us whether the new quests for levelling characters will not grant more experience in the same time frame as the average quests in the old world. The newsletter ambiguously and menacingly stated that the new content will be "a good source of XP".
    Why? It is simple. Dungeons still must be more attractive than doing the new content. Levelling speed is already extremely fast with Asura's bottles, fresh daily kills, XP potions, offline levels, and Kheshatta. Levelling group quests in the old world must give loot better than the new content too (or equal, as an alternative).
    come on mate, don't start bitching about this already....
    nowdays there is more activity on the low level dungeons that you ever dream about, so... relax!!
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Oh, and i forgot, but what is this mention of the "new main quest line" ? Are we talking about the overall AoC main quest line ? Or is it just the event main quest line ?
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.ageofconan.com/news/monthly_development_update_may_2015
    Age of Conan celebrates its seventh anniversary later this month,
    posted on the 15th... so how much later this month can it get?

Communication skills towards playerbase was always low from FC but since you put AoC on lifesupport its getting worse where we thought we already reached rockbottom. Edit by Anzu: That's not needed.
    Last edited by Anzu; 18th May 2015 at 16:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Reading the letter, i am under the impression that we're going to see more of the north, visiting Aesirs and Vanirs, explore the frozen part of Hyboria. It even seems like we're going to have actual new maps.

Surely i am mistaken.
    I would expect it will be like The Dead Man's Hand but bigger.
    Retired

Funcom need forget about "a good source of XP" forever. Or remove all offline levels, asura potions and other exp potions. Even 80 level raid quests have exp!! Why? They need add more content to high end playing, or make low level loot better. They already have huge amount of low level dungeons and locations, but people only visit them for achivements.

Quote Originally Posted by TribunLeader View Post
    posted on the 15th... so how much later this month can it get?

Communication skills towards playerbase was always low from FC but since you put AoC on lifesupport its getting worse where we thought we already reached rockbottom. Edit by Anzu: That's not needed.
    Considering the release date was 5/22, I'd expect sometime this week, possibly next week.
    Last edited by Anzu; 18th May 2015 at 16:35.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast