Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: May 2015

Bear mount <3333
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Still want to see some update on Crafting - they have said they can't add any *new* content until crafting is in place as everything ties into that. So I suspect all this new content coming for the anniversary is stuff that's been around in some 1/2 baked condition for some time and got tied into crafting already. 3 man dungeons sound very nice, though. Now how about team Noble District Villas that scale to 3 ppl?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    Let's not bite the hand that feeds you and enjoy what is given to us
    First of all we pay the sub fee so we are feeding Funcom.

Second: nothing is given to us, we pay for it (see: sub fee).

That being said I cautiously optimistic about the update
    Retired

Of course, you're right. But don't be so down to earth Slith, you know what I meant.

FC tries to feed our gamer's appetite after all

It would be nice to know if any of the new content coming for this anniversary won't be permanent. They weren't entirely clear on that. It sounds like it may all be permanent, but I would like a little bit of verification on that so we don't accidentally miss-out.

Especially since it also says:
    This year's celebratory content is going to be epic, so don't miss out on it!
    What is not permanent that we would miss out on, other than the subscription offers?

Not only is it new new content, it's also 1-3 player content? Somebody is getting new ideas. And these ideas are good. Bear mount is also good, it can't possibly be any worse than giant rats or snake monsters.

That randomized rotating quests thing though, that'd better not be a bunch of tiny quests shuffled and chained together for a kid kidding marketerspeak of "x hundred unique ways to experience content!!", where it's just like a dozen actual small things being combined in various orders.
    (Yes, I've seen Orochi Tower over at TSW. Yes, it's awesome but it has 20 actual levels, not 512.)

Also kinda echoing the but what about crafting? sentiment. I know it's "coming" but some more details would go a long way to prove it hasn't been silently canned (like that mythical cross server tech).

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    That randomized rotating quests thing though, that'd better not be a bunch of tiny quests shuffled and chained together for a kid kidding marketerspeak of "x hundred unique ways to experience content!!", where it's just like a dozen actual small things being combined in various orders.
    (Yes, I've seen Orochi Tower over at TSW. Yes, it's awesome but it has 20 actual levels, not 512.)
    I imagine it is exactly like what they did with the Orochi Tower. Saves on resources if they use the same code for both games.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I imagine it is exactly like what they did with the Orochi Tower. Saves on resources if they use the same code for both games.
    AoC Ultimate Ability! Now there's something to speculate about.

This all sounds promising. Let the mayhem begin.

Funcom

Just to clear up a few points so there is no miss-understanding.

The content will be permanent.
    The content comes in the shape of a 'Tale of Hyboria', this is a new type of content release that we hope to expand on with new locations.
    Think of a 'Tale of Hyboria' like a scenario with a main quest line with pools of supplementary side quests spanning several (4 in this case) instances.
    The instances themselves are balanced for 1-3 players (rather than this being additional dungeons for 3 players on top of the new instances) similar to the more recent anniversary/halloween content (though considerably more substantial).

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Just to clear up a few points so there is no miss-understanding.

The content will be permanent.
    The content comes in the shape of a 'Tale of Hyboria', this is a new type of content release that we hope to expand on with new locations.
    Think of a 'Tale of Hyboria' like a scenario with a main quest line with pools of supplementary side quests spanning several (4 in this case) instances.
    The instances themselves are balanced for 1-3 players (rather than this being additional dungeons for 3 players on top of the new instances) similar to the more recent anniversary/halloween content (though considerably more substantial).
    Is there a 3 player cap to the instance, or could we bring a full 6 and stomp the instance? I assume it doesn't scale in difficulty based on how many are in group. So some people will be soloing it just fine, others may need to team up with 1 or 2 others to complete it.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast