Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: May 2015

Still nothing, how long are they gonna make us wait? wich date is the anniversary?

Real date is may 17th

"By Crom! By Mitra! By Set! They day is here! I bid you Welcome to Hyboria!

For 5 years, we, the galley slaves of Funcom, have toiled on the oar for your future pleasure. For 5 years we have felt the merry whip inscribe the letters “Conan” on our backs, mixing sweat with blood, reminding us to pull harder. Now we have at last reached the shore. The barge now transformed into a luxury ship and we bid you welcome on board. Not as slaves, naturally, but as captains, esteemed passengers or pilots.

The point is - from now on, Hyboria is yours as much as ours. We will build this world with you. We hope you will fall as much in love with it, as we have. Know though, that we might experience a bit of rough sea the first days. This is the nature launches… Let me take this moment to apologize for any bumpiness. Smoother waters are sighted ahead!

Welcome to Hyboria, welcome home!

Yours truly,

Gaute Godager
    Game Director, Age of Conan"

But for some reason FC like to do it on may 22th.
    Retired

May 17 was the start of the Early Access. May 22 was the release date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    May 17 was the start of the Early Access. May 22 was the release date.
    yeah so the servers were up and running since may 17th
    Retired

Default We are getting a Bear Mount? O.o

Wow. It sounds better then that snake thingy we got before.

Also, new maps, new quests, and being able to go into Vanaheim? This all sounds really cool. A 3 man dungeon as well, huh. Interesting.

Also, new membership offers - Yay!!!
    Last edited by MashMash; 15th May 2015 at 13:54.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

They have added the May 2015 Update.

Main points:

• New Maps - Blue Mountains and Vanaheim.
    • New Mount - Bear.
    • New Memberships Offers.
    • New Main Quest Line, plus side quests.
    • New 1-3 man dungeons.
    • New Faction.

All sounds cool.
    Last edited by MashMash; 15th May 2015 at 14:28.
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Talking

I am very pleased to hear they are adding new content.

A new area, new mount, new dungeon, new faction & new quest!

After seven years it great that our game is stil up and going!

Quote Originally Posted by Titianus View Post
    I am very pleased to hear they are adding new content.

A new area, new mount, new dungeon, new faction & new quest!

After seven years it great that our game is stil up and going!
    I missed the bit about a new faction - even better!
    -------------------

Sounds like a lot of hard work gone into this.

New zone
    New Missions that change daily
    New story line
    New scaleable 1-3 man dungeon
    New faction with rewards ranging from leveling toon gear to max level epics, vanity gear, and mounts

Color me impressed.

You're horrible with providing a source for this claim. I questioned it at first then I found the source: http://www.ageofconan.com/news/month...pdate_may_2015

It's exciting. Most of the stuff is probably old forgotten stuff during development. I remember seeing a video on YouTube from the siege test during 2011ish with GMs on a bear mount. Still it's some very nice additions to the game. New epic items - hopefully with some cool minor set bonuses.

Let's hope bear mount won't be a new camel mount that's slightly faster than walking
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast