Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: May 2015

They re-spammed the monthly letter from some days back on Facebook a short time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Paying for anniversary content on top of a subscription which pays for nothing since nothing is done for AoC ?

Edit by Anzu: No.
    It isn't anniversary content. It is just new permanent content coming out on the anniversary. Price seems a bit steep though.

Also, the sub offer is lame yet again. The bonus necklace is only 1 neck per account.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    It isn't anniversary content. It is just new permanent content coming out on the anniversary.
    What a plot twist. Shyamalan is spinning in his grave.

It isn't anniversary content. It is just new permanent content coming out on the anniversary.
    Oddly, on the letter, on the forums, even on the mail it's labelled as anniversary event.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the last update was very nice thus far. I don't mind the price, as long as it's solid content. Haven't played through it yet, but it looks worth it.

And aside from the hidden debuff on the necklaces (wtf Funcom?), the sub offers were fine too. People always seems to complain, though.

If charging us for new content is the only way for Funcom to stay afloat, then I'm totally fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemer View Post
    Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the last update was very nice thus far. I don't mind the price, as long as it's solid content. Haven't played through it yet, but it looks worth it.

And aside from the hidden debuff on the necklaces (wtf Funcom?), the sub offers were fine too. People always seems to complain, though.

If charging us for new content is the only way for Funcom to stay afloat, then I'm totally fine with that.
    They want to sell a product sure, but why sell it so amateurishly? I am sure if they had been more honest about it, there would have been less trouble and more who actually thought like you. If you want to sell something and are not 100% sure it will be really great (and this update is far from a triple A launch like the witcher 3 or such a great deal justifying such handling), then you do not hide it and lie about it. If it is halfway decent a product you can show it off and sell it properly without any risky "tricks".
    And people have good reason to complain, since this is not the first stunt. They offered yearly subs before other events while keeping quiet about more and better offers a few weeks later already. THey already offered free tiger mounts with a resub that caused a lot of controversy before (mainly again: about the timing). The problem does not seem to be that they offer some b2p content, but rather the way they do it and the timing and handling of it.
    And especially if charging for content is a way to stay afloat, they NEED to do it properly to actually sell stuff AND keep customers. But have they changed the shop and f2p model? Have they offered more products for accountwide purchase after the successfull handling of vanity armor and bags? No, they still have greed (sell as pricy as possible) as priority over fair sales (of which you can sell more) and customer service (which might not provide rapid revenue, but saves advertising and keeps customers happy, so it is an INVESTMENT and not a cost factor).

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Oddly, on the letter, on the forums, even on the mail it's labelled as anniversary event.
    If you read the letter carefully, you will see the new content is never labeled as an anniversary event. The mail never labels the content as an anniversary event. Only the players label it as an anniversary event.

They do say we are having an anniversary celebration, where they have released new permanent content, have sub offers, and AA boosts.

I am also very upset about this.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

If you read the letter carefully, you will see the new content is never labeled as an anniversary event. The mail never labels the content as an anniversary event. Only the players label it as an anniversary event.

They do say we are having an anniversary celebration, where they have released new permanent content, have sub offers, and AA boosts.
    I do not read the same sources as yours. And even if the confusion exists, playing on it isn't better.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    I do not read the same sources as yours. And even if the confusion exists, playing on it isn't better.
    I would love to see these sources which explicitly stated that the new content was an anniversary event.