Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever worth using pets other than Warlord and Cacodemon?

Default Ever worth using pets other than Warlord and Cacodemon?

I've been thinking for a while about what to do when you get into a group with another demo and you both use Cacodemon. This happens to me quite often when I do t1-t2 raids where RLs dont always bother sorting groups properly or of course when doing Entity. The tooltips don't indicate whether the pets do different "attack damage", but I've heard that Caco does slightly more dmg than the Warlord so I think there are differences beyond what buff they provide. Does anyone know if it's worth using say the Slave for the regen buff, or the Guardian for the hp instead of the Cacodemon when there are two in group? Or is the reduced damage of the pet itself too much a sacrifice, so you might as well never use anything but Caco? How about the Avenger? I personally have never noticed reflective dmg doing anything remotely decent, but since it's a group-wide buff and the Entity does constant aoe dmg to your group, I figured it might end up being better than dual or triple Cacosdemons.

If another demo in group is using Caco, you can skip it for another perk that helps your DPS
    Mostly the choice is 2 among Bindings / Ring of Fire / Renegotiation (I'm not a fan of Renegotiation though).
    You want to use Cacodemon not much for your DPS, but for the really nice buff to your group.

For PvP pretty much Cacodemon doesn't make much sense (I run Bindings + Ring of Fire all the time).
    You still should want to switch between pets that do Fire Damage (Warlord) or Electrical damage anyway, depending on enemy group setup (for example better electric damage pet vs HoX, or fire damage pet vs ToS).
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I have been using the demon guardian in pvp because it immediately procs a green heal for me and me team and immediately channels dmg on the target without the annoying 3 sec cast the other pets have. Of course the dmg is lower (slightly) but getting the green heal and immediately applying dmg is important to me in pvp.

Avenger has AoE damage of 2-3 meters, and it's lightning damage. If your not using that, Warlord works well. Typically, it all depended on how many HoX or ToS were on the other side and how often you want to heal them really. Guardian is ok, but if there are competent sins on the other team your basically auto-proccing their Lotus ability if your pet attacks them. All the other standard pets are garbage.

Caco is ok too, but almost always someone else will run it, unless your the only demo in group.
    Doomsayer 2008

For Pve:

Caco all the way, its a higher dmg increase than any other perk even with multiple cacos in same grp.
    (if you have fully feated pets that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    For Pve:

Caco all the way, its a higher dmg increase than any other perk even with multiple cacos in same grp.
    (if you have fully feated pets that is)
    This is not correct imo.
    Caco is great for its group buff, but if another demo in group is using it, there are much better DPS options.
    Damage difference between Caco and some of the other pets is negligible if you don't count the buff, compared to what you get, for example, from Bindings.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

pet haters are gonna hate, they have been underestimated for as long as I play demo, thats your choice

Caco if you are the only demo in group. If there's another demo in same group, who's running Caco already (Entity fight as example), then go for Slave, as their buffs (Caco and Slave) stack for whole group, including yourself
    Drunk Templar Cimmerian

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    pet haters are gonna hate, they have been underestimated for as long as I play demo, thats your choice
    Great that you also have the data to back it up. I just tested it and Cacodemon does 42 dps more then warlord and 64 more dps then slave.

Bindings does around 1250 damage every 15 seconds for a 0.3 seconds cast. In a laid back rotation with 1500 dps 0.3 seconds would cost you 450 dps. This means means a net gain of 800 damage (damage done - opportunity loss = 1250-450 = 800) every 15 seconds or 53.3333- damage per second.

Conclusion: Barely any difference between bindings and Cacodemon. Sacrifice 10 dps and you can provide your group with the buff from slave and Cacodemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Conclusion: Barely any difference between bindings and Cacodemon. Sacrifice 10 dps and you can provide your group with the buff from slave and Cacodemon.
    Not to mention the Cacodemon's considerably more user friendly mana consumption.

Does anyone have exact numbers on Renegotiation, though?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast