Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Please Funcom, listen to us! - An open letter

Love these threads. At least one every 3 months or so. FC has a game plan and basically AoC is not on top of the list. 2 main reasons AoC is not more popular 1) MMO players hate learning curves and AoC is fairly difficult to master 2) AoC has very limited content. More than before but not nearly as much as it should for an MMO! Its a catch 22, AoC always had potential but because its not more popular its not a priority yet if only FC gave AoC more solid content it would be popular. Same old story...

Also no new classes or minis?!? wow!

Quote Originally Posted by i-be-conan View Post
    Love these threads. At least one every 3 months or so. FC has a game plan and basically AoC is not on top of the list. 2 main reasons AoC is not more popular 1) MMO players hate learning curves and AoC is fairly difficult to master 2) AoC has very limited content. More than before but not nearly as much as it should for an MMO! Its a catch 22, AoC always had potential but because its not more popular its not a priority yet if only FC gave AoC more solid content it would be popular. Same old story...

Also no new classes or minis?!? wow!
    I would be scared to see what other class they could add to the game.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    If you were playing AoC at the time TSW was being developed, you would already harbor resentment against the game since the resources provided to AoC were cut one at a time, and you could tell.
    Or you could stop being a giant baby and continue playing AoC. Revolutionary idea.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Or you could stop being a giant baby and continue playing AoC. Revolutionary idea.
    And see another Ranger and Sin revamp like 2.0? Or something like 1.5? Bori? I can't imagine what a new class would look like, although the current design team seems more sensible now than ever.
    Last edited by Suctum; 7th May 2015 at 14:52.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I would be scared to see what other class they could add to the game.
    I'd like them to add companions so that one could take on a group quest without being forced to be in a group.

Quote Originally Posted by netsike View Post
    1. Change the server location: at the beginning we were happy about the merge, cause we thought the game will be active in the EU night time... but no, it feels like we just got max 20% of the player base and for this we had to sacrifice the good latency. It's a disaster for the PvP players and also bad for PvE, especially where timing matters much (Flame - removing Burning Skin for example...). We all think that moving the server to EU would help to increase the player base again. This topic got viral in the last time again, probably you've seen these threads already.
    This would be the only thing that would make me come back to AoC. Playing in American servers with 170+ ping is unplayable both in PvE and PvP (especially PvP).

But if they moved the servers to EU, then Americans would suffer. Why not have servers on both continents?

Ill be happy to have 170ms ping coz i have average of 220-250ms. Dont whine about your latency, it is just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    This would be the only thing that would make me come back to AoC. Playing in American servers with 170+ ping is unplayable both in PvE and PvP (especially PvP).

But if they moved the servers to EU, then Americans would suffer. Why not have servers on both continents?
    They did. They couldn't afford it. The game is running on a shoestring budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    Ill be happy to have 170ms ping coz i have average of 220-250ms. Dont whine about your latency, it is just awesome.
    Awesome is the ping of NA players. Above 100 ping makes most multiplayer games hard to play. You can't resign yourself to this situation after EU players had EU servers with proper ping for many years since AoC was released. The merge made no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    Awesome is the ping of NA players. Above 100 ping makes most multiplayer games hard to play. You can't resign yourself to this situation after EU players had EU servers with proper ping for many years since AoC was released. The merge made no sense.
    I had that ping since AoC release. So i think 170ms is awesome ping.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast