Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Funcom, pls help the newbies!

Unhappy Funcom, pls help the newbies!

I wanted to try PvP for a long time now, but I always had melee classes and was really hard to land a combo, not to speak about killing someone... I know, it's all about practicing, but tbh, I hate the jumpy jump jump playstyle and I decided I give it a try with a caster. Finally I'm able to kill higher PvP level players now, which is a good motivation, but still, I have no chance alone against a PvP 10 player...

Obviously I know, it needs a lot of practice, just like in PvE. It's also clear for me, that without PvP gear it's not easy, same as in PvE: you'll never be a top DPS or tank without good gear. But still, this system is very unfair and demotivating for new players.

There is already plenty of threads about this topic probably, but I would like to warn Funcom again: if they don't release Unchained Minis soon and don't merge Fury/Rage/Crom together, PvP dies soon... Players had so many good ideas already, which (we think) are not that hard to implement in game, for example:

1. after the merge, make it available to enter a map with PvP enabled (just like epic/normal) or make it possible to switch to such an instance. My very first char was on Fury and low level PvP was a lot of fun! Let us decide, if we want to quest with some extra fun or the opposite, killing the worldboss without forming raids and struggling with the enemy players.

2. release UC minis or if you guys have no time/money/resource to finish them, make a few mini maps available JUST for low PvP level players! I don't even understand why does a PvP0 player must fight against a PvP10 one??? As I said, it's NOT fair at all and demotivates the newbies. Have you guys (devs or the ex-game director) ever tried to fight against a PvP10 ranger? They just have to smash their head into the keyboard, while you are sweating and breaking your own fingers on the buttons, but it doesn't matter, cause they kill you in a few seconds, while you barely scratch them... If these players could fight with a fair chance, I'm pretty sure that more PvE oriented gamers would try PvP and it would help to increase the population.

3. US server: there is a new thread about it and I completely agree. Please, think about your customers and try to find a way to move the server to the EU, where the min. 80% of the AoC population lives. That would bring back a lot of players, I'm pretty sure.

Just 3 from out of a lot of ideas... please, listen to the players! We are your customers and we obviously know, what we would like to see in the game! Thanks for reading!...

1. Merging server is all we ask since decade... no answere yet

2. Making mini only for low pvp rank like from pvp 0 to pvp 4 would be great, but lowbies mini would never pop because of the low population, so people could never join mini and never lvl up.
    In my opinion what they can do is make the team more balance, how many time i've seen one team with 3+ pvp10 against only low pvp lvl. Or 3 healers in a team and none in the other, or 4 ranger + 2 demo in a team... So I dont know if it's possible, but instead of a random team maker, do something smarter based on class (ranged class vs mele class, healer vs tank vs dps) and on pvp rank; so the teams would be more balanced and newbies as you said would have chance (if the stay with group) and no be farmed all the time.

3. All I want since playing sin with 180+ ms is kind of frustating
    Niaha - Assassin pvp 10
    Itana - Ranger pvp 6
    Itanhox - Hox pvp 8
    Norvege - BS pvp 6

Minigames for lowbies is a bad idea because there can come a guy with 0pvp lvl and t4/t5 pve gear and eliminate everything he will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    Minigames for lowbies is a bad idea because there can come a guy with 0pvp lvl and t4/t5 pve gear and eliminate everything he will see.
    This depends on how you define and check "low level". Ideally they would not force people to play in a certain range but buff or penalize with buffs. Your t4/5 example then would count as 1 slot in his own range, but 2-3 slots in "low level" range or it would count as own mini-boss rewardwise. What they would need for it, would be a proper power evaluation algorithm, ideally based on stats (just pvp lvl is the worst as your example shows, but you can add AA progression, gear levels (would have to disallow armor gear change during mini/event though) etc.).

@niaha-dousse:
    2. you can not know, that minis will pop less. If you just base the chances on current people signing minis, you would be right, but that "division" is countered by a rise in total population that would sign up to a changed system.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 1st April 2015 at 07:42.

They cant EVEN make a server merge and you asking about the brand new system/algorythm based on gear and stats and AA progression instead of PvP lvl identification. Come down to earth dude.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 1st April 2015 at 09:03.

Just like a pvp 0 vs a pvp 10? also its alot quick for a gear check in pve rather than pvp gear. i think the easy way is for capping gear so if the average pvp lvl in mini was 4, debuff pvp 10's to sames as pvp 4gear if that makes sense

T1 pvp gear is pretty usable in pvp since pvp gear revamp happens. If you cant do well in t1pvp i dont think anything helps you. Practice and latency matters firstly, all other things are secondary. And if you want 10pvpers will be debuffed down to 4pvpers then ask yourself why anyone will need gear better than 4pvp? We already havent any good and important reasons to do pvp and doing it just for fun we gain through combat system. If there will be no need in 10pvp lvl there will be x3 redusing of pvp playerbase.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 1st April 2015 at 14:48.

Practice and latency matters firstly, all other things are secondary.
    While it's true that practice matters, that's not a good reason to punish newbies (who by definition don't have practice) by also giving them a gear disadvantage.

And if I remember correctly, the difference in item budget between PvP T1 and T3 is about 20%. Not as important as skill for sure, but not insubstantial.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

This is screen about difference between t1/t2/t3 pvp gear for DT. Here is only 1 significant change between t2 and t3 - its critigation amount.

http://discoverers.su/forum/download....png&mode=view
    Last edited by Jerohn; 1st April 2015 at 15:22.

T1 pvp gear is pretty usable in pvp since pvp gear revamp happens.
    And we're talking about newbies, not level 4 players. Unless you're implying all newbies should be credit cards warriors ?
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast