Thread: DPS Questions

Default DPS Questions

Hello ALL,
    I played this game back in 2012 and started off playing as a barbarian(Got her to level 35), and have to admit with the other games I was playing I wasn't nearly as committed. However, I'm returning and I know there is a lot of content and much to catch up on. In games I enjoy being up front in the battle as a DPS Offtank. I care not to Main tank but want reasonably good survivability if I'm doing some of the solo dungeons on my own. It is in my interest to do the end game content but would rather get acclimated to things and get good with my class before I go in with a party later on. I did read the first post about PVE Content as a Conqueror( http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...ow-to-PVE-CONQ), and had some questions. First, in terms of higher DPS would it be better to Dual Wield or go 2 Handed and is it true that on boss battles there is a lot of weapon switching? Secondly, is it true that 2 Handed is considered more of Main Tank role, because I felt it was bit more OP compared to Dual Wielding? Lastly, which Disciplines/Banners and Factions are best choices? Currently, I'm level 14 but I would like to start planning and getting a sense of the direction I wish to go, any information is appreciated for some guidance. Thanks for reading! Sorry, if anything was posted to similarities, but I wanted to be sure that the other threads I read weren't outdated and I still could apply it in game for it's current state.

Thanks,
    Jester
    Last edited by jester15x; 23rd March 2015 at 16:42.

-Dual wield is way better when it comes to dps

-What is best fot tanking is both end feats in brute tree. And it is more efficient to play it with a 2hander and swap weapons to perform bloodbath. It is not necessary but it will have a huge impact on your dps and aggro.

-Factions:
    for carnage dps= go for tigers of tamarin
    for tanking = mix last legion hate pieces + wolves

-discipline/formation:
    This is situational. Sometimes you'll need armor, sometimes heal, some other times dps etc... You'd better read all the descriptions carefuly and adapt

Thanks for the reply MisterClean, so in the post http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...ow-to-PVE-CONQ, the Carnage/ Soldier tree would be best to follow? I will definately keep reading up on the banners.

Thanks,
    Jester

DPS offtank doesn't really exist in AoC as role. There are some dungeons, where you just need 1 MT, sometimes 1 MT and 1 OT, but you must learn to play as a MT too, cause you will need it in some cases. For example in raids sometimes every tank has to go on full tank spec and gear and also in the harder dungeons. If you don't like to play the MT role, then you won't be welcome in these situations!

Quote Originally Posted by netsike View Post
    DPS offtank doesn't really exist in AoC as role. There are some dungeons, where you just need 1 MT, sometimes 1 MT and 1 OT, but you must learn to play as a MT too, cause you will need it in some cases. For example in raids sometimes every tank has to go on full tank spec and gear and also in the harder dungeons. If you don't like to play the MT role, then you won't be welcome in these situations!
    Thank you for the heads up, if that is the case then it won't be a problem, I will learn to adapt. I have played the MT/DPS in other games as well. I stated that I'm new so these are the things I will need to eventually learn and will only do so if people like yourself give straight information. Some games are designed in a way where you have the DPS/Offtank to assist the MT, this game was designed differently. I now have a better understanding!

Thanks,
    Jester

The spec given in the thread you linked are really good. You could adjust a few points here and there depending on your preferences though.

And yeah, it's better if you master both DPSing and tanking ^^

But, first, have fun while leveling!
    In my opinion, you should go carnage only after lvl 70 (this is when you obtain Whirlwind combo). Before that, I find it easier to level up in brute thanks to retributive damage, fire banner (which you won't use in dungeons and raids) and aoe knockback.
    The real deal is to master stance dancing.