Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Combojumping - Exploit or not?

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    Can someone explain for us idiots what combo jumping is?
    And/or it's purpose.
    Since we can't discuss it here on theses forums. Go here
    Edit by Anzu: Nice try.
    ... And discuss.

Last edited by Anzu; 18th March 2015 at 15:27.

It is a mini port everytime you land a combo. It takes no skill to do. If you are fighting someone and they are using this exploit, it will become a lot more difficult to land combos on them. I see no difference in it than someone porting all over the map.

It is clearly an exploit because it's not intended, however the effect is a lot weaker than the original comboskipping because it doesn't let you avoid the need to stay in place for the duration of the finisher if you want to do full combo damage. All it can do is let you avoid the first melee hit if the other player isn't fast enough / has bad latency.

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey- View Post
    You actually do something that anybody can do
    Well, technically speaking, anyone can hack, too, but that's not a justification to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    Can someone explain for us idiots what combo jumping is?
    And/or it's purpose.
    Indeed. Context kind of explains it, but sometimes jargon impedes understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Probably a good idea to not explain that in a open thread.
    Maybe so, but there are times I get lost in the jargon and esoteric acronyms.
    Last edited by Anzu; 18th March 2015 at 15:25.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    Well, technically speaking, anyone can hack, too, but that's not a justification to do it.
    Also, being good at "Win by bunny combo jump" is determined by the player's distance to the server so lol at that
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    It's about executing combo finishers "on the fly" (what a pun... *facepalm*). As to how it is done, that was explained in the OP, and look what happened to it.
    Ok, confirms what I thought from context. I can see why that would denigrate immersion. I don't recall hearing about Conan bouncing around like a superball, defying the laws of physics, even with the inclusion of an accepted system of magic.

Another reason to stay out of PvP.

I'll say it one last time: use the Edit button. If you want to quote multiple posts, you can use a text editor. Do NOT post several times in a row. The thread will be easier to read that way.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    Ok, confirms what I thought from context. I can see why that would denigrate immersion. I don't recall hearing about Conan bouncing around like a superball, defying the laws of physics, even with the inclusion of an accepted system of magic.

Another reason to stay out of PvP.
    Well to be honest, many combo animations (in particular barbarian) look more like a Russian figure skating world champion, than like how I imagine Conan in battle
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Most of people basing their frustration on wrong facts. Combojump doesn't make you port/lag any more than simple jumping or sprinting. So it's quite silly reading those, when it's all about predictive algorithm which is utilized in movement. Porting doesn't have anything to do with combojump.

Quote Originally Posted by Norther View Post
    Most of people basing their frustration on wrong facts. Combojump doesn't make you port/lag any more than simple jumping or sprinting. So it's quite silly reading those, when it's all about predictive algorithm which is utilized in movement. Porting doesn't have anything to do with combojump.
    Maybe, maybe not. Who can actually prove it besides Funcom? In any case it makes the player look like a retarded bunny and that doesn't really fit in Hyboria. But hey! It's the interweb. People will exploit anything possible when they don't have to face any consequence...
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast