Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in the AOC item shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    leanr to pvp, dont give up and stop blame gear when you lose.
    This!
    An eyeopener for me was some 4 years ago when a barb (7) filetted me wearing just a loincloth and using a rotted oar
    I could give up or get better
    I decided to hang in there and last time I met the barb, I paid back with interest.
    Best thing was afterwards he sent me a tell saying he feared he had unleashed a monster.

Gear is helpfull but skills and a strategic mind will carry the day.

Also ignore function for the trolls who get their kicks from belittling others helps
    Khemi. Picture Hell on the cheap then add more whores

More vanity gear, esp. jewelry and nice clothing
    Set for president! Why vote for the lesser evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Again, I don't think that's a valid point.
    * I'll be the first to admit that, if you give my ToS pvp10 gear, I won't suddenly play like Ensifer or other pro ToSes.
    * Nevertheless, I'll certainly be of more use to the group than I am now.

It's not about moving the goalpost. It's about the fact that having an inclusive (rather than exclusive) pvp system works to everyone's benefit. (And as this is getting a bit off-topic: Sure selling PvP T3 items in the item shop is not the best idea to make the current system more inclusive. But it's by no means worse than what we have now.)
    You honestly believe that the current setup for obtaining PVP gear makes PVP less inclusive? Look, if you don’t want to get involved with PVP because you object to people who invest time into PVP being rewarded with a degree of power progression as it gives them a slight advantage over you, then it really is a much sharper reflection on you as a person than the games design.

Seriously, it’s this puffy nonsense that results in teachers telling my kid’s that their sports day is not about competition and that “everyone is a winner” because it’s apparently more “inclusive” that way.

Anyway it’s all getting a bit off topic again so I am going to call it quits before Anzu tells me off again :P

Always found it funny that Veterans in any pvp game feel like they should have gear advantage over noobs... So not only do they have years of exp which is fine, but they also got gear advantage.

Well.. that makes no ****ing sense. Funcom should have released the Unchained pvp so gear meant **** all.

And btw. Put my nab pvp ass in a R3 set and I would still get spanked. You would just need a few more seconds to kill me so what is the problem???

Anyways. I would pay money for a few R3 sets just for vanity, but whatever, funcom doesn't want my money.

ps. World of Tanks lets people buy top tier tanks no matter what lvl or skill they have. Any moron can make a new f2p account and buy a big monster of a tank and then get farmed to hell.

That did not hurt the game, in fact it's very profitable for Wargaming, and I have enjoyed killing many a nab driving a big shiny tank.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Always found it funny that Veterans in any pvp game feel like they should have gear advantage over noobs... So not only do they have years of exp which is fine, but they also got gear advantage. ..........World of Tanks lets people buy top tier tanks no matter what lvl or skill they have.............I have enjoyed killing many a nab driving a big shiny tank.
    And here lies the inherent hypocrisy in some of those who are complaining about "vets" having a gear advantage because it gets them killed all the time. They are perfectly happy when the boot is on their foot and they have the gear advantage and are able to "kill many a nab", they just cant be bothered to have to invest hours into obtaining the gear through effort in order to do so.

Precisely the point I was trying to make earlier.
    Last edited by Darm; 18th March 2015 at 10:28.

Higher Tier PvE Gear; I'm a busy person. The less time grinding, the better.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    I have enjoyed killing many a nab driving a big shiny tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darm View Post
    And here lies the inherent hypocrisy in some of those who are complaining about "vets" having a gear advantage because it gets them killed all the time. They are perfectly happy when the boot is on their foot and they have the gear advantage and are able to "kill many a nab", they just cant be bothered to have to invest hours into obtaining the gear through effort in order to do so.
    Where is AngryBarb's gear advantage, when the nab is driving a big shiny tank?

There is no hypocrisy in saying that PvP works better when there is a level playing field between players. Of course being a grinder is also legitimate, after all the Diablo series is more successful than, say, WoT. But somehow grinders seem to have issues embracing this. What I find funny is people who want to defend advantages based on grinding by arguing that it is somehow reflective of and contributing to skill. Both is nonsense, as time invested is not a particularly good proxy for skill, and skill is more of a determining factor in a level playing field situation.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Introducing PVP gear that can be bought in the item shop will not make the game a level playing field though. You are simply replacing "how much time have I invested" with "how big is my wallet" and you will have the same damn problem that you are arguing against. That some people have PVP gear and others dont, resulting in an unfair power balance amongst the player base. What if I;m a player that doesnt have much free time nor a large wallet? I'd be at an even greater disadvantage.

And if i had to chose between a system that rewards those with time invested rather than wallet size, then sorry, Im in the time invested camp
    Last edited by Darm; 18th March 2015 at 10:59.

Introducing PVP gear that can be bought in the item shop will not make the game a level playing field though. You are simply replacing "how much time have I invested" with "how big is my wallet" and you will have the same damn problem that you are arguing against. That some people have PVP gear and others dont, resulting in an unfair power balance amongst the player base. What if I;m a player that doesnt have much free time nor a large wallet? I'd be at an even greater disadvantage.

And if i had to chose between a system that rewards those with time invested rather than wallet size, then sorry, Im in the time invested camp
    Not replacing, but adding an additional option. Additional options are good, not bad. But since players who have neither time nor money also have my sincerest sympathy, I pointed out numerous times that having PvP T3 gear in the shop would not be the ideal solution. Unchained minis would have been better, but unfortunately have been scrapped. Another solution would be to reduce the grind to a more casual-friendly level, as it is e.g. in WoW.

In any event, back on topic:

* I'd like to see content in the shop. Not raids or dungeons which we should be getting as part of our sub. What I'm thinking about is stuff that is relatively quick to make for FC: solo content like the Halloween or Xmas events, with access passes sold for a low price in the shop.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Precisely the point I was trying to make earlier.
    Well maybe you wanna re read my post again. A nab in good gear will still get rekt in pvp, and in pve he will look silly when he can't do enough dps/aggro or heal because he never learned his class.

I have already sunk way to many hours into this game, and I still enjoy playing it, but I am seriously done with grinding like a ****ing hamster. It's not worth the time. But had funcom released Unchained pvp and made vanity version of R3 pvp sets I would have been happy.

But I guess it's not gonna happen, and after reading the last Game Director's letter (which was fairly depressing) talking about Roadmap 2015 and only metion 2nd wave achievments/crafting/1vs1 pvp I guess it's not going to happen this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    Higher Tier PvE Gear; I'm a busy person. The less time grinding, the better.

Thank you.

Edit by Anzu: No.

Maybe you have been living under an Aoc rock for a few years. plenty of people have been carried through T4 and other stuff (mostly T4, cloud farm "yay") and now they look pretty silly, sporting uber gear but no idea how to use it. Do they hurt the game? Not really, they just add to the lol factor.
    Last edited by Anzu; 18th March 2015 at 15:30.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast