Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Black text everywhere, cannot see anything!

Quote Originally Posted by mijorious View Post
    I think the patcher directly opened, not sure.

I found the textcolors.xml and tried to open it. I've worked with .xml files before and use Expression web as my editor of choice. However, expression web can't recognize the encoding of the file and no text editor can open it either. Strange. I checked the file on my wife and Son's computers also and same thing. Cannot edit it. I'll delete the file and run patchersetup.exe again. However, I've done clean installs with no luck with the text.

I have not contacted support yet. I always check the forums first before doing that. I guess thats the direction I need to go next. Oh well.... Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Some thoughts on why it could be happening on our computers are: 1.) We all have incompatible video cards. 2.) Something is wrong with the patcher corrupting files. 3.) Issues with our hard drives ( bad sectors, etc. ).

Anyway, you've seen the pics so you know I'm not a troll and this is not a Hoax. However, we have spent too much time on this issue and I feel bad. It's just a game. I'll open a ticket with support and if that doesn't work, I'll move one. It's not a big deal. Thanks again everyone for trying to help. I'll be getting a new rig this year anyway and I'll try again.

I apologize for my unbelief! At the end it was true and my overzealous made me say nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by mijorious View Post
    I found the textcolors.xml and tried to open it. I've worked with .xml files before and use Expression web as my editor of choice. However, expression web can't recognize the encoding of the file and no text editor can open it either. Strange. I checked the file on my wife and Son's computers also and same thing. Cannot edit it. I'll delete the file and run patchersetup.exe again. However, I've done clean installs with no luck with the text.

Some thoughts on why it could be happening on our computers are: 1.) We all have incompatible video cards. 2.) Something is wrong with the patcher corrupting files. 3.) Issues with our hard drives ( bad sectors, etc. ).

Maybe you should post the system specs for a couple of those computers. Also include what operating system you are running.

Also, the textcolors.xml should open just find in notepad, editpad, or any other normal text editor. You can even look at it in your browser. If this file is somehow corrupt, that would explain your issues. That or there is something seriously wrong with all those computers your family/friends have been trying to install the game on.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234