Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange UI 2016

Done! Download link is now from Dropbox, no ads.

As always, thanks for the feedback

Default Cant run game after Unistalling mod

I installed this UI mod and though it looks nice it destroyed my frame rates, was getting over 100FPS everywhere in game on High settings ( Have a high end gaming rig ) after installing this mod was getting like 40. Anyway I deleted the two folders that I was told to delete, it also said something about deactivating the aoc.exe file (whatever that means because there was not further instructions on what deactivating means) I assumed it just meant not having the game running.

After that I try to launch game and it says the AgeOfConanDX10.exe file cannot be found. I went to that file and tried to launch it directly with the same error. What exactly does this game modify that prevents the original exe from running later. I basically cant play the game now.

Did I miss something on the uninstall process?

EDIT: Deleting the local content in steam and re-downloading did not fix it. I then deleted the entire AOC directory and downloaded again, that seemed to straighten things out.
    Last edited by Alderdale; 19th June 2016 at 18:10.

Hey!

The UI should not destroy your frame rate. I see no reason for that.
    Anyway, in order to solve your issue, you need to deactivate aoc.exe. Now that you have deleted it in the game directory, you will need to find it in strangeUI.zip:
    Strange UI 2-3.zip\Customized\Mod Foxcat\Aoc\Aoc.exe

Run it as administrator, wait for a popup saying "deactivated". Now you're good to go

Thank you, maybe update the uninstall section to make it a bit more clear that that means running the aoc.exe executable a second time. Regarding the frame rates, did it install by chance a bunch of SweetFX stuff? Perhaps that's what caused it? I really would like to use the UI.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alderdale View Post
    Thank you, maybe update the uninstall section to make it a bit more clear that that means running the aoc.exe executable a second time. Regarding the frame rates, did it install by chance a bunch of SweetFX stuff? Perhaps that's what caused it? I really would like to use the UI.

Thanks.
    Also maybe include the registry or file setting this is altering?

Ok no problem. I guess F.A.Q. section needs an update to make it clearer.

Thank you guys.

BTW, did the uninstall work?

Default Combat pet control bar

Hi again,

I double checked the UI with another custom UI and found that the combat pet control bar returns. The usual position for this bar is above or below the attack direction arrows. It is this way when the toon (I assume main) acquires the account wide combat pet. Alts have the control bar to the side.

So just to confirm it is not off screen, at least I didn't put it there. Perhaps some of the new UI is layering over it. It has nothing to do with buying any further controls from a vendor as has been suggested.

One other small point I will make about the UI is that one cannot see saved money as f2p but that would effect game play.

other than that nice work.

B

Ok, I have an idea:

Make a backup of your PetCommandBar.xml you can find in age of conan/data/gui/customized/views/PetAndFollowersGUI/

Then download this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ev3a47zd9w...ndBar.xml?dl=0 and put it in the directory above.

You can do it while in game. Just /reloadui when it's done. Now you should be able to see a massive pet bar. Place it where you want and replace my file with your backup. One last /reloadui and it should be ok
    Last edited by MisterClean; 20th June 2016 at 17:53.

Mistercreen!

With regards to SweetFX, are you simply runnign the defaults? I finally bothered to poke at it today and thought maybe it's simply running the defaults.

Here's some premade's at the website: http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/202/ if you want to customise the installer (or imply document an option to easily select one from a config file) to pick one or two in the SweetFX'd installer.

And thank you for the dropbox link. That'll make some people happier about downloading now.

As always, thanks for the work's.

I used a personnal version but yes, I chose not to change the values too much. It had to please as much players as possible.
    I would like to keep things simple but I can't propose different options through AoCUI Installer. I can't find out how (reason being that AFAIK sweetFX files have to be placed in the game root directory and what you can copy/paste with AocuiInstaller goes in age of conan/data/gui/... )