Page 28 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange UI 2016

Just a head's up. I've started seeing an issue with the StrangeUI. IF the AOC.exe is activated, Windows 10 will not let AOC launch. It gives the error that the app cannot be run on my PC. If I deactivate, I can launch with most of the UI elements.

I am a programmer and can provide assistance with looking into this. I'm still trying to find some answers on my side because I do miss some of the key features it adds. I still have the layout changes but I'm missing some of the cooler features.

Unfortunately I am not the creator of this wonderful tool. Foxcat is. You can ask him directly on this forum, he is under the name of Sifie.

One thing though, do you run your game as admin?

FYI, I quote Sifie:
    "aoc.exe is a launcher like AoCQS, it skips the patcher and keep your custom UI up to date through patches.

It is developed to allow for full integration of custom flash elements in game, but can be used to get custom waypoints, mouse pointers or other customizations patched into Default folder on each game start and have it returned to your original vanilla installation on game exit.
    It does check for updates and invoke the patcher if there is a pending update. Otherwise it'll skip the Conan patcher by default.

You can, should you want to, hold shift+F8 before you start the game, it'll force the patcher to appear, for reading news, change settings, do database integrity check or restore corrupted parts of the default UI. While alt+F8 skips the check for updates, forcing the game to start should you get caught in an infinite update loop. And ctrl+F8 will bring up the aoc.exe configuration."
    Last edited by MisterClean; 12th December 2015 at 18:39.

Not having this issue whatsoever and I've been testing Win10 for a couple months now. Not even running as Admin.

Well, it is sad that some players encounter issues using WIN10, be it related to Strange UI or to the game itself... I mean what's the point creating a new system that is more restrictive?!

On another note, I would like to inform you that I will release a new version tomorrow with....almost nothing new ^^ Just one new button allowing you to open the worldmap. It seems that I'm running out of ideas these days (and stiiixy, don't be mad at me but K6 tactics scripts would be way too long to make).

Please, guys, if there is anything you would like to see in your UI, feel free to share

The issue is not running it in admin mode. The issue is when the game starts up even by directly clicking on AgeOfConanDX10. The AOC.exe (part of the whole StrangeUI package) creates an entry in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options. This entry causes Windows to run the AOC.exe basically as a debugger. I'm assuming so it can inject certain behavior into the game. If that registry entry is in place and I attempt to run the game, Windows is preventing it saying that the app will not run on my PC. If I deactive AOC.exe either by running it again in admin mode or by manually removing the registry keys, Age of Conan will run.

So I think Windows might be seeing the program as a possible virus (because it is attaching itself) or something else, and refusing to allow it to run.

I did find when I run Process Monitor that it looks like Windows is generating a 800700c1 error but I haven't found anything useful on it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalsmith View Post
    The issue is not running it in admin mode. The issue is when the game starts up even by directly clicking on AgeOfConanDX10. The AOC.exe (part of the whole StrangeUI package) creates an entry in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options. This entry causes Windows to run the AOC.exe basically as a debugger. I'm assuming so it can inject certain behavior into the game. If that registry entry is in place and I attempt to run the game, Windows is preventing it saying that the app will not run on my PC. If I deactive AOC.exe either by running it again in admin mode or by manually removing the registry keys, Age of Conan will run.

So I think Windows might be seeing the program as a possible virus (because it is attaching itself) or something else, and refusing to allow it to run.

I did find when I run Process Monitor that it looks like Windows is generating a 800700c1 error but I haven't found anything useful on it yet.
    Hello mate, sorry to hear you have issues with aoc.exe. That registry key is written by aoc.exe when you activate it and deleted again if it is deactivated. Just like AoC Quickstart, it use this attachable debugger behavior to launch the game directly, skipping the patcher as well as detecting when you quit the game, so it can perform the needed cleanup before terminating itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifie View Post
    Hello mate, sorry to hear you have issues with aoc.exe. That registry key is written by aoc.exe when you activate it and deleted again if it is deactivated. Just like AoC Quickstart, it use this attachable debugger behavior to launch the game directly, skipping the patcher as well as detecting when you quit the game, so it can perform the needed cleanup before terminating itself.
    Yeah, I pretty much guessed all of that. What I am saying the problem is is that on my machine with Windows 10, if the program is attached to the game, I get the Windows 10 error that I cannot run the app on my PC. If I detach (deactivate) the program, I can run the game. This behavior started on I think Friday. I've rolled back Windows changes made since then with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalsmith View Post
    Yeah, I pretty much guessed all of that. What I am saying the problem is is that on my machine with Windows 10, if the program is attached to the game, I get the Windows 10 error that I cannot run the app on my PC. If I detach (deactivate) the program, I can run the game. This behavior started on I think Friday. I've rolled back Windows changes made since then with no luck.
    I read that Windows 10 or Microsoft through it mark some programs as incompatible without prior notification or giving the end user any choice in the matter. I don't know if this is the case here, but lets continue in PM's unless more people is experiencing the same issue. I'd like to know if aoc.exe was running fine on your PC, before friday.

If you guys find a solution it'd be interesting to share it. Who knows, other players might have the same issue :/

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    If you guys find a solution it'd be interesting to share it. Who knows, other players might have the same issue :/
    Exactly.

And i dont mind not having the scripts; after all it's the onus ont he player to build or borrow them =) I was jsut wondering if you could allow for a button to access them easily in your advanced emote window much the same way you do wiht the raid scripts.