Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Too much

Quote Originally Posted by Aett View Post
    There are people who want to improve their skill, and there are people who not want to do anything. After all it is much simpler to accuse others of dishonest game. For this type of players - The reason will be always - lag, bug, disbalance, combojump, too difficult to receive the good weapon, too difficult to raise Lvl 10 PvP and others and others. Grizzlers

I know a huge number of players from EU and RU which use combojump without problems, despite the 200 ping. And a lot of them can easily kill a lot of players from the US.
    Combo jumping is improved skill? The every same argument was and is used to justify combo skipping. But just think about how stupid it looks.mthis alone should tell every sane person, that this could never ever been intended. Which game designer wants a game which has a quite unique and realistic looking combat system and then builds in something making you look like a hyperactive bunny on speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Combo jumping is improved skill? The every same argument was and is used to justify combo skipping. But just think about how stupid it looks.mthis alone should tell every sane person, that this could never ever been intended. Which game designer wants a game which has a quite unique and realistic looking combat system and then builds in something making you look like a hyperactive bunny on speed?
    So in your opinion in real life it is impossible to jump while holding a dagger, a sword or blunt?

But again, the true point is not combo-jumping, it's animation not locked on the place while performing combo pre-steps / white hits.
    Combo-jumping is part of the same mechanic that allows for example also to strafe while performing pre-steps / white hits; only finisher is locked on the place.

Who wants this to be changed?
    And why should combo-jump be removed?

Combo-skipping was exploiting an obvious bug.
    Combo jumping is definitely not the same, otherwise why developers bothered to create animations of the char jumping while moving the weapon (attacking)???

And why it hurts you so much? Combo-jumping itself doesn't create much difference. You can be good with or without using it.
    But total lock of animation imo would be the death of melee gameplay (talking about PvP ofc).
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 10th March 2015 at 17:24.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    So in your opinion in real life it is impossible to jump while holding a dagger, a sword or blunt?

But again, the true point is not combo-jumping, it's animation not locked on the place while performing combo pre-steps / white hits.
    Combo-jumping is part of the same mechanic that allows for example also to strafe while performing pre-steps / white hits; only finisher is locked on the place.

Combo jumping is definitely not the same, otherwise why developers bothered to create animations of the char jumping while moving the weapon (attacking)???

And why it hurts you so much? Combo-jumping itself doesn't create much difference. You can be good with or without using it.
    But total lock of animation imo would be the death of melee gameplay (talking about PvP ofc).
    wait wait wait, do you actually think jump skipping is an intended mechanic?

Quote Originally Posted by Chass- View Post
    wait wait wait, do you actually think jump skipping is an intended mechanic?
    I say that doing white hits / presteps while jumping and also strafing is intended imo, yes.

Otherwise why there are animations for that (jump/attack)?

What you mean by skipping?
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Comboskipping was exploit as it produced more DPS than it was intended, and not all combos could be skipped and not all classes could skip especially female ones.

With combojumping it's different as any melee class can do it, and for those that QQ about it i guess they are playing using their keyboards to move around and mouse to click skills,

why would i be forced to stand in place doing combo, while a such a dumb class like PoM or Demo can just jump around you shooting either their CC's or instant spells.

Combojumping gives AoC a little bite more dynamic pace of combat which is really fun if u master it. If u can't do it why would i be punished for that ?
    Last edited by Vouga; 10th March 2015 at 17:43.

Simply put: Yes. Complicated: Depends. Not even the best martial artist in the world and athletes can do the 360° instant jump without any starting inertia like toons on "whatever" do it in aoc. Also if you keep jumping around in a real combat you will be an easy target, exhaust and will have difficulties to hit where you want. There are some fighting techniques involving jumping and using the inertia, but they too do not execute that from "nothing". And comparing aoc hopping with actual sword dancing or capoeira is just ridicolous. There is a reason you do not see knights in full armor hopping around the duel grounds in medieval plays as well

And it is related to your point, which you consider most important. If less people exploit, it will be easier to spot engine flaws and outright cheats as the tool you mentioned. It will make it harder to mimic the tools behaviour into a streamlined environment than the actual chaos we have now. Yes, even latency plays its part here and is connected too. Basically the less "legit" "wtf!" moments you have in regular play, the easier to spot cheaters. You simply cannot part these things and try to justify one evil with more greater evil...

Guess what? Normal players, new players, players without the expensive hardware some use actually are USED to play with total lock of finisher animation, because this is how the combat was DESIGNED here. Normal movement and combo cancellation actually cancels the combo effects and remaining damage for these people. Same as NORMAL jumping. These people actually have to LEARN and skill what which combo does and when and react in real time to actions on screen and can not hide between predefined key sequences. You do not like it? Then help others who also do not like it and advocate the introduction of legit mechanics to keep combat "fluent". Propagate exactly what you like and need to keep under all circumstances and tell us why! The people who want comboskip and combojump gone might like the same things about aoc combat that you do.

But people with similar mentality were too busy defending comboskip back in the days to bring in their LEGIT concerns about the combat flow and give working ideas. Now for funcom comboskipping and combo execution might be "working as intended" since it got "fixed" in 2012 and they only slowly realize it wasn't.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 10th March 2015 at 17:55.

I say that doing white hits / presteps while jumping and also strafing is intended imo, yes.

Otherwise why there are animations for that (jump/attack)?

What you mean by skipping?
    who is talking about white hits and pre steps? Are you actually knowing what combo jumping is?

@Vouga i dont cry about it nor am i a keyboard turner. I just cant understand why somebody is defending it when ppl say it is not intended (and why that is i already stated). Per definition it is exploiting then. Who cares how dificult it may be to some ppl or how much damage it create. it just looks idiotic, it ****s up the netcode and thats it. it just annyoing as hell even watching it. ppl who use it and cant defend me without it wont defend me doing it. and the other way round. Most ppl performing it dont hit anything at all because their hitrange is ****ed up too. so from this point of view it is not a big explit. But it remains as one and nobody with sense can say this could be intended in anyway nor it is skilled to perform it. i dunno, i find it simple as hell so i cant understand it when ppl saying they improve themself in "mastering" it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    who is talking about white hits and pre steps? Are you actually knowing what combo jumping is?
    Yes, we are talking about different stuff.
    I agree that skipping the finisher with jump is an exploit, but I don't see anyone using it reliably (I'm not able to do it and I really don't want to practice to learn exploits), so I don't have any problem about that.
    The day that I'll see someone f**ing up minigames looking OP with such exploit I'll QQ about that.
    But for how things are now, I'm too scared that Funcom screws intended mechanics (and jumping/strafing on pre-steps obviously are) to want them to fix this stuff.

For the short time I remember it (was fixed few time after I started playing) comboskip was much much worse.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 10th March 2015 at 19:31.

well im honestly not sure what are you talking about ... tell me since when jumpocombos were started to be seen? cos i recall it was rather recent appearing - i mean look at game - its soon 7 years old - and i believe it was in its code since begining, just case is nobody thought about it before - game is enough concetration required for basic stuff - aim, land combos - timing - and you need to watch out for many things around you

i havent got problem with anything - and if Edit by Anzu: I saw that. noob keyboardturner doing pvp want to tell that there is something wrong with it - please tell him to l2p and start from basics ... also i once also thought its exploit cos guy told me that - he said he asked devs/gms or smth and it was official statement from FC - wrong its not - i made petitions for players doing this - while i stoped doing it - only to get nothing - GM always said its ok and part of game mechanic - imo there wouldnt be animation or smth for it while doing it (jumpocombos) - and there are - sometimes it bugs out - maybe cos of lag or smth

i love my flying kick on my barbs (with clobber 5) - its really awesome - i love 1h boneshatter flight with femalte barb toon - its like purely taken out from AAA far east fighting movies - and i love others too ... i got all classes and most meele ones in both sex appearances, and im not jumpocombo maniac - i can play with or without it - but imo its ace addition to the game

think - ppl always moaned about root while combo finisher - gameplay with 'OP' looks more fluid and there is pace - this game is not easy - i would say it could be hard for some - only with just running around etc its damn hard to hit combos, starters, white hits at it sometimes - Edit by Anzu: I saw that too. honestly all i see there in pvp - are veterans from other servers - merges - mass exodus walk outs etc - maybe some few ace aoc pvp fans or few regular cromite noobs - but its like that the PvP community is the most dedicated and faithful (some minor repulsive things - like cheaters around tho) - they just have fun from the game - they dont need a lot - Edit by Anzu: Yes, that too.

im originally from Aquilonia PvP-RP server - so im not just about for pvp here - im REH and Conan fan the most - but i like it real - so i always was where open world pvp was, unfortunatly all other servers besides Crom are kind of not in best condition - tho you can always find some open world pvp action there, no matter what - imo its the fact that pvp and with it all combat system is so entertaining here - so please dont break it - fix cheaters - leave rest alone - its damn freaking great as it is
    Last edited by Anzu; 10th March 2015 at 22:26.

Clearly combo jumping and combo skipping weren't intended... That being said both add depth to combat and speed it up. Which is why an argument could be made for both sides.
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 10th March 2015 at 21:46.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast