Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Builds, Gear & where to go from here....

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    The moment something goes out of 8m range most demos lose half their dps by breaking SW or just get lost out of the usual rotation.
    Rarely ever a problem I have encountered in T4. Not saying that WoF build is the best for all fights in T4, there are a maximum of 2 fights I do not feat for WoF but as a general raiding build the issue of things moving out of range is very rare in T4, if it is a problem it probably more down to poor planning/positioning by the player. Can only think of 1 instance in which WoF is not suitable for T5 and even then it is debatable in my mind depending on tactic. You certainly want it for first and last boss without a doubt.

Secondly people tend to neglect/underestimate instant casts with the excuse they are mana consuming and let full 5s WoF run,that's loss of dps 50% of the times.Last half the demos i see in pve cannot burst damage properly unless they get crit buff +wof(add the 8 m limitation in here),now that's is just sad.
    This isnt an argument against having WoF in your rotation/RoF perk this is an argument against being lazy and not using your insta casts. All my insta casts are kept on cd in my WoF build, so should everybody's

As for finesse and T5 - until I get 8/8 armour pieces (only have 5 atm) and have tested it, I am open to the idea a non WoF build could generate better single target DPS in full T5 gear, but I am not hopeful at first glance of some data a guildie of mine has produced....
    Last edited by Darm; 23rd February 2015 at 18:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    How is a demo supposed to burst damage properly?

Unholy Hate + eventually 1 pact to buff, then insta casts: shock, hellfire stream, bindings.
    Also remember that Shocklance stacked 5x is another insta.
    That's also the quickest and easiest way to get kills in pvp on demo (apart buffin, which I almost don't do in PvP): instas.
    You are discuss PvE, anyway jsut to say that: play PvP around WoF is fail.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    Unholy Hate + eventually 1 pact to buff, then insta casts: shock, hellfire stream, bindings.
    Which is precisely why I never understood people who argued that WoF specs are "less fun" than specs without WoF
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

I never said anything about t5 gear or fights .

Also wof in t4 is actually better in one fight and that's zodiac,maybe mithrelle too.I thought i did say "single target".

And yes obviously it's the players fault not using the instants but when 1st advice any new demo gets ever is "get ring of fire and be godlike" it ends up like this

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Which is precisely why I never understood people who argued that WoF specs are "less fun" than specs without WoF
    Well imo WoF rotation is less fun, because for those secs WoF is channeled you pretty much do nothing.
    Not that it's long time, but I like micro-management

I liked at least, I haven't played demo in PvE in ages to be honest
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Darm View Post
    This isnt an argument against having WoF in your rotation/RoF perk this is an argument against being lazy and not using your insta casts. All my insta casts are kept on cd in my WoF build, so should everybody's
    This sounded wrong to me, so I went to the dummy and tried it myself. The rotation where I let WoF run its course was so clear ahead of the one where I interrupted WoF halfway through to cast Hellfire Stream as soon as possible that it could not be just individual shortcomings.

Thinking about it it does make sense. WoF has very high DPS. Much higher than whatever filler cast you use, be it Shockstrike or Fires of Gehenna. So much so that it can easily compensate for the loss of one instant cast.

This sounded wrong to me, so I went to the dummy and tried it myself. The rotation where I let WoF run its course was so clear ahead of the one where I interrupted WoF halfway through to cast Hellfire Stream as soon as possible that it could not be just individual shortcomings.

Thinking about it it does make sense. WoF has very high DPS. Much higher than whatever filler cast you use, be it Shockstrike or Fires of Gehenna. So much so that it can easily compensate for the loss of one instant cast.
    why loss of insta casts? just use instas between wof

What are you talking about? Nobody said anything about interrupting WoF when its being cast. You use your insta casts before and after WoF. Maybe it was me being misleading by saying "on cd". I should have said always on cd outside of WoF.

Put it this way, I treat WoF as my base spell which I build my rotation around. WoF has a cd of 4 seconds so what is important in a WoF orientated build is using those 4 seconds as effectively as possible. For me personally, casting a hellfire stream, a shockstrike, a sock, plus another hellfire stream plus a damage buff of some kind fills in that 4 seconds real good, before going back into WoF again.
    Last edited by Darm; 24th February 2015 at 00:48.

and let full 5s WoF run,that's loss of dps 50% of the times.
    Sounds like interrupting the channeled cast for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Just bloody use everything as soon as it is off cooldown, no brainer really....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast