Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legendary Cloaks for PvE

Default Legendary Cloaks for PvE

As the thread title indicates, I am nearing the point where I get to pick my legendary cloak from the quartet on offer courtesy of the generous world boss. Yes, I only started with AoC sometime last year.

Now the question is which one to pick, seeing as I play almost exclusively PvE content. The two viable candidates to me seem to be

Conversant Mantle of the Living Legend
    Slayer's Mantle of the Living Legend

however I find it very difficult to evaluate whether 45 combat rating are worth more than 15 hit rating, 2 critical damage rating and 73 offhand rating. In case of a tie I guess the 22 hate decrease on the Slayer's Mantle would be the tie breaker.

Or asking more generally, have agreed upon stat weights been theory crafted that would tell how valuable each DPS stat is compared to each other? Even the Damage for Dummies thread is a bit vague on how exactly offhand attacks work.

For a sin in PvE you should not value anything above hate decrease.
    I am Stian ingame...

Imo as long as aggro is not an issue the Conservant Mantle will provide a bigger increase in dps.
    If you are in need of hate Decrease Rating the slayer's Mantle looks pretty decent but then again there is the T4 meleedps back:
    http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...bscenities.jpg
    which is statwise as good as the legendary cloak, but you dont get the damage procc on kills.

Offhand and fatality ratings are kinda useless. Hate decrease is important. I picked the Dexterity cloak on my Assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by Corais View Post
    Imo as long as aggro is not an issue the Conservant Mantle will provide a bigger increase in dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Offhand and fatality ratings are kinda useless.
    I agree on the part that says fatality rating is useless, but now I have gotten two rather contradictory statements regarding offhand rating. Would both of you be so kind to elaborate on the topic?

Offhand rating, a chance your weapon in left hand will do a white hit when you do a white hit with your main weapon.

So in regards of numbers. There was two assassins in our Emperor kill yesterday.

Sin number 1 did 163 white hits and 96 offhand hits. Offhand damage was 4,09%, with an offhand rating of 58%.
    Sin number 2 did 183 white hits and 108 offhand hits. Offhand damage was 4,03% with and offhand rating of 59%.

The sins ended up as number 1 and 2 on damage parser (the necro we had died), so nothing wrong with their gameplay.

I think you can calculate yourself what the difference in total damage would be if they had 2% more offhand rating. Which is closer to zero than a thousand.

EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST. LOOK HERE: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...=1#post2121461
    Last edited by Shax84; 14th February 2015 at 10:50.

Rough math would result in the 2% offhand chance increasing total damage output by approximately 0,15%. Not much admittedly.

On the ther hand, by how much would 45 combat rating which equals 1,25 weapon DPS increase total damage output?

It does not equal weapon dps. Weapon base dps is buffed by abilities, pets and feats like Lotus Blade (top feat in Lotus), Cacodemon, Flanking, etc.. Combat rating is just a flat damage buff without any synergies.

Lets take example in Saddur which gives us a continous in combat time. Sin number 1 in previous post, did 1580 dps at Saddur. 68 white hits, 29 offhand. a 2% increase here to offhand hits would give 1 extra hit, that averaged on 350 for this parse with the lowest being 78 and highest being 596. So.. Do you feel lucky, punk?!

Adding 45 combat rating or 1,25 dps would give him fight duration*dps = extra dmg. In this case 195*1,25= 243,75 extra damage. Flat damage, always there.

You can parse and calculate this yourself really.

EDIT: Offhand hits also crits but is counted towards white hit category.
    Last edited by Shax84; 14th February 2015 at 10:51.

There's no way to count true amount of offhand dmg cos critting offhands are accounted as white hits. Unless you have different weapon dmg typed weapons in each hand, then you can ofc see stuff like blunt offhand critting etc.
    Last edited by Maly; 13th February 2015 at 17:57.

If you have/can get a t4 cloak go for the offhand one..if not and you need the -hate go for slayer's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast