Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You all suck and heres the proof

Default You all suck and heres the proof

Heres a real ranger. Funcom can take some lessons from him when they redesign the class :P enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

Quote Originally Posted by Crumb View Post
    Heres a real ranger. Funcom can take some lessons from him when they redesign the class :P enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk
    Wow, that guy is a total badass.

ammo limitation

3 arrows then u gotta go sword and board. i like this.

He lives in the wrong age.

If only rangers in AoC could move while firing. That root has been an abomination for years.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Totally awesome. Shame they will never change thebranger from the pos we have atm. But if they did give full revamp I'd love to see limited arrows in pvp say 8-10 pee life so those that don't die and sit at max range and run away as soon as someone looks at them would have to get involved and up close for some melee action.

Unfortunately though we can but dream this is Funcom so if they did revamp it they would probably just beak it more.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Default ok teriffic

I respect and admire his accuracy but he uses a 20# or less pull bow. His arrows will bounce off armor. you can't speed shoot with a heavy pull bow like they uses in the old days to penetrate armor. try and speed shoot with a 45 pound recurve bow and see how many you can shoot fast. and how tired you will get after like 6. you won't last long in a battle. Still he has amazing skills no doubt.

His bow is at least #30 lbs. A #20 lbs or less pull weight would not throw those heavy arrows very good. It's no problem to shoot with #34-#40 lbs, thats what most competetive recurve archers use and unless you have toothpick arms, a grown man can pull that weight. Notice that he does not anchor his draw, he aims straight down the arrow and releases immediately after pulling back. This relieves stress on his trapezius muscles, that a competetive archer would have issues with if in bad shape.

#45 lbs is overkill for close combat. When I was an active archer, my pull weight was #44 on a 68" recurve. Had no problems shooting quick series of six arrows (of course not as fast as Lars), but after the 5th or so, I got tired. Did not practice much for that though, as it is 2 minutes per 3 arrows in a regular competition.

There are differences between shortbows and longbows.

I remember when the Ranger was changed 2.1 and both the ranger advocates posted all kinds of trash about how well balanced the changes were and that the class was actually playable again and how great the changes were for the game. This was on TL. About 5 of us warned that the changes were horrendous and would not only ruin the balance but the class as a whole if they proceeded.

When 2.1 hit a ranger could kill a tank with 1 bleeding puncture and fire trap in 8 seconds. Anyone in medium armor or less was 1-2 shotted in less than 5 seconds. A week into the change you went from seeing 1-2 ranger per game to 7-10 rangers per game. People were literally doing 7-9k points of damage with just a Pen Shot and TTS.

But all of the people playing the ranger except a handful said it was perfectly balanced, and to this day the people playing it say the same thing. The class is still ridiculous, the few changes they have made have not really toned it down at all for full AA/geared players, they literally just spam naked combos at max and still do maximum damage, and when you even stare at these people for more than half a second they just drop instant trap after trap and run away, there is not any catching them.

My changes that make sense: Evasive Action has it's cool down increased to 3 minutes from 2 minutes, Rending strikes damage is decreased as well as it's frequency, and Line Breaker has a maximum range of only 20 meters (with whatever +range), which would still make it the longest range CC in game but not allow people to KB from 37 meters out, which is just stupid.
    Last edited by Suctum; 16th February 2016 at 08:18.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast