Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mysterious yellow orbs in purple lotus swamp

Default Mysterious yellow orbs in purple lotus swamp

Ive been farming for four years in purple lotus swamp building a city.I have never ever seen these before.One appeared then to then three then four then five at one time there were up to six.I frapsed some of it and posted it on you-tube!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyf1...RI5zEtyCH9ycpi

Can someone please tell me what happened here?I have heard that gm's can appear as rabbits?Can they also appear as mysterious yellow orbs dancing and singing around you?
    What is the explanation of this?For four years its never happened or have i seen any yellow orbs in purple lotus swamp where i farm up to 20 hours a day for last four years.
    This is my proof thank god for Fraps or I'd need a streight-jacket.They followed me for next 30 minutes from one tree to another.
    You be the judge.
    Last edited by terryjohnson; 21st January 2015 at 06:55. Reason: re improvement higher resolution
    Lordshred

Look like the khitain renown lvl 17 pets. You sit in hide with one cast and you can dance around other players and freak them out. If you have a group playing 'spooky orbs' that would explain it.

The quest was broken and I finally got the devs to fix it: used to take the yellow one to kheshatta and buzz people.

Comes in blue or yellow. The size/sound is just perfect for the social pet.

Its my favorite of the renown lvl 17 ones from guild city. The quest is given in OT by the docks as you exit the ramp. Gal with bound up eyes. Quest is pretty easy, just running around in khitai areas.

I find your lack of keybinds disturbing.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Red face Yellow orbs

I'm glad you posted this, by the time I found you in PLS, you were at a different location and the orbs were gone. These things seemed to be floating around you or were focused on you. I have never seen any of the yellow lights before, but they were really cool! From what another player said, the quest must start with Minicia the disfigured on OT docks. Our guild is too low a level to get that quest, but they do look pretty.

But...I can't imagine that this is the way they act if another player is casting them. I mean, they were hovering around your Lordship for quite a while and didn't seem to coming from another player. Besides, if I recognize the place pretty well, there isn't a place for another player to hide to do the cast from...

All I can is, frigging awesome!

I'd like to know what they are...

K

I thought the same thing as Anubium because the grass below them also moved. They do move quite fast however (faster then a rogue in hide?) and at some point there seem to appear some out of thin air which would also be impossible for a player.

Might indeed have been a GM in hide that was checking up on you and decided to have some fun. If you are really there for up to 20 hours a day I wouldn't be surprised someone reported you as a bot. The orbs would be a nice way to check that without accusing someone and/or sending him a tell directly. If a char does not respond to 5 dancing lightbulbs around him (at least try to hit/follow them) chances are there is not a person playing it.

If something like it happens again try to use search ability to pop players out of hide and check player window who else is in purple lotus swamp.

If I was farming for up to 20h a day I would see yellow orbs aswell
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    I thought the same thing as Anubium because the grass below them also moved. They do move quite fast however (faster then a rogue in hide?) and at some point there seem to appear some out of thin air which would also be impossible for a player.

Might indeed have been a GM in hide that was checking up on you and decided to have some fun. If you are really there for up to 20 hours a day I wouldn't be surprised someone reported you as a bot. The orbs would be a nice way to check that without accusing someone and/or sending him a tell directly. If a char does not respond to 5 dancing lightbulbs around him (at least try to hit/follow them) chances are there is not a person playing it.

If something like it happens again try to use search ability to pop players out of hide and check player window who else is in purple lotus swamp.
    I used to run around with faction tiger in hide: that way you can go through players also. But you do get pushed out of hide while casting them.

I think some group was pulling your leg though.

Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson View Post
    For four years its never happened or have i seen any yellow orbs in purple lotus swamp where i farm up to 20 hours a day for last four years
    Everyone starts seeing yellow orbs after farming up to 20 hours :P

Never seen something like that.

The movement of the yellow lights is very erratic, which, in my opinion, points to them being Kithai pets following stealthed player characters. The grass moving, I agree, also is a strong hint towards this cause. Why a group of four or more players with Kithai lantern pets would do such a thing...?

Some friends messing with you, maybe? If somebody does that as a joke to random people, I'd expect it to happen in front of raid dungeons, in Khemi or some other place where there're more people.

Or it really might be a group of GMs checking up on your farming run - however, I doubt four GMs being online and ingame ath the same time.

Next time it happens, one should check if other players (and if so, which ones) are displayed to be in the area via player search. That might give a clue.

Personally, though, I believe it's the NSA spying on you. After all, being somebody who repeatedly uses the internet - even using a false name -, you're obviously a suspect in several terrorist acts of the last and upcoming years.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast