Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Watered Down Combat (PVP)

Quote Originally Posted by disaztrs View Post
    Depends on who you're facing.
    Well, 5 mins before posting that crap on fury ("I'm the best, rest of PvP 9-10 are crap, and if someone killed me it was because my Carnage friends were playing with my account, it was not me" , this was) you joined a minigame, died 3 times and went afk in hide, more or less.
    So that sentences it's clearly for you aswell.

Ofc depends on who you are facing, everyone can farm or get farmed (how much and how often depends on skill, if you want to see it like that), you play in groups in minis..
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 24th January 2015 at 17:33.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

The lower the population get the harder it gets to see the skill disparities. Not to mention PvP veterans on this game are rare and when they still play many have given up on PvP for various reasons. Years of PuGs is what i'd blame rather than gear or mechanics.
    Before gear revamp with 1.05 every class could one shot or if not CC lock you to death. The mechanics changed and went from slow paced movement and fast paced CCs to fast paced movement and slow paced CCs. I prefered the first option, but that's probably just because i was better at it.

Regarding gear gap though it's not as satisfying as we might want it to be (personnaly i think there's a too big diffrence between T2 and T3 gear and not enough diffrence between T1 and T2 in comparaison), but it's much better than what it used to be counting from the point where T3 crafted weapons started to flood the game. (roughly early 2011). Indeed newcomers starting PvP get it rough, but compared to what it used to be the rough times are much shorter. The 80 AA points you gain from levelling are a huge plus compared to before and reaching PvP 4 is only a matter of weeks and not months. Without even having to win events, during blood festivals. Just daily quests completed know and then and the occasionnal mini is enough.

Ideal maybe not, but few things are as good as dreamed.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Yar-dih-darh-and-a-whole-lot-of-whine-and-Golden-days-of-yore-and-this-game-is-dead
    Heard this song before...
    Was it my late grandma returning from bingo or was it Schtinky on global?

Irrelevant, and same can be said about your..'reflections'

Irrelevant
    Last edited by Lleilwin; 24th January 2015 at 22:51.
    Khemi. Picture Hell on the cheap then add more whores

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    I logged on my pvp 3 demo. I was literally getting one shot on Fury. Take a cc, remove it only to be cc'd again. One combo later I'm dead. Over and over again. Its lame. It is almost unplayable unless you have patience and some deep love to dying. A new player comes with a fresh toon and dies like this? They will not last.
    you wouldve topped kills on crom.

The game has about 10 really good players that are hard to tell how good they really are because the game limits peoples skill. It had a higher skill curve in the past, but even then it still wasn't high enough to determine who is "the best" because the game as I stated before is very limited and is based on so many variables.
    I honestly 100% agree. its quiet simple, no matter how good barb you are, u can only manage so many aimbot rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    I honestly 100% agree. its quiet simple, no matter how good barb you are, u can only manage so many aimbot rangers.
    Dude, but you have numbered the most OP and TERRIBLY EASY TO PLAY classes - 1 from casters (because ranger is caster even with useful melee combos) and one from melees (i can add here all tanks with classic spec). Just go ToS or sin or BS and you will feel fun and challenge and skil based pvp at least by yourself. Stop flaming about how it was good in old times and change to bothering and annoying FC lazy coders Or prolly 1 crazy genius coder from 3rd world county with 100 hands and BIG head full of brainz who works part-time

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    you wouldve topped kills on crom.
    I moved my demo from crom to fury about 1 week ago and found almost no difference.

As first impressions, I would say the skill level on some classes is higher on crom, probably as a consequence of the higher population, but the lower skill level is higher on fury, since everyone is at least a bit trained in PvP, while on Crom happens to have very casual PvP players (PvE players who randomly join minis).
    Also a bit more teamplay on Fury imo (but really a bit) and thus a bit more enjoyable minis, but really no difference in kill score.

Come Crom and see..
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 24th January 2015 at 22:17.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    I moved my demo from crom to fury about 1 week ago and found almost no difference.

As first impressions, I would say the skill level on some classes is higher on crom, probably as a consequence of the higher population, but the lower skill level is higher on fury, since everyone is at least a bit trained in PvP, while on Crom happens to have very casual PvP players (PvE players who randomly join minis).
    Also a bit more teamplay on Fury imo (but really a bit) and thus a bit more enjoyable minis, but really no difference in kill score.

Come Crom and see..
    Team play is the only thing Crom pvp lacks. The instances of being on a team that understands the ideas of defending your healer, creating a ranged dps backline to support your melee, and target priority are much lower than they should be. If get on a team of players that understands these things, the gear and pvp level issues tend to fall away. You can get on a team of 6 pvp10 kdr sluts and get wiped out by their cowardice and refusal to pursue game objectives.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    Team play is the only thing Crom pvp lacks. The instances of being on a team that understands the ideas of defending your healer, creating a ranged dps backline to support your melee, and target priority are much lower than they should be. If get on a team of players that understands these things, the gear and pvp level issues tend to fall away. You can get on a team of 6 pvp10 kdr sluts and get wiped out by their cowardice and refusal to pursue game objectives.
    That is so true sir..This is what happens to Crom..Only thing people care is the K/D tab when minigame ends,no matter if they win or loose...Only K/d..Like anybody cares..And then they make posts and take screenshots of themselves,for the people to see how many kills they do..Ha!ha!show offs..and such...I see the same people every single day..And the sad part is they thing they are good..Just because they have more kills..They don't realize that when a game is lost is lost...
    What would I rather prefer to have in my team?A sin who finishes the game with 20-0 and we loose the game..Or a sin who does 10-5..but defends,uses cc's to cover me,and supports...and we win the game?Choice is urs...The famous quote in movie Devils advocate.."Vanity..my favourite sin..."
    Last edited by ieronymous; 25th January 2015 at 06:14.
    "To the Humble He gives His Grace.....From the Proud He Hides His Face"

Edit by Anzu: Nope.
    Last edited by Anzu; 25th January 2015 at 21:44.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast