Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Increase polearm guardian dps!

Default Increase polearm guardian dps!

Compared to the Juggernaut tree Tempest tree is too poorly developed. Why tempest tree is so forgotten? When distributing points no big choices. In my opinion, Tempest tree was created with the idea of doing more damage, but if on Juggernaut tree on sword and shield we add points good our DPS will have no diffrence at all in relation to the polearm tree. Juggernaut - we have Ability - Powerhouse(50% dmg and criticals), Ability - Juggernaut(Health,dmg,armor), Ability - Battle Cry(Dmg), more chance to deal critical damage and more survival. My question is why it is so done? I play since 2011, but I heard that the guardian once was in the forefront of the classes doing big damage, then it changed, because he was too good. Tempest - we have Storm Blade (6 procs of small dmg per minute), Ability - Disarming Aggression(12% dmg), some criticals, hit rating and accumulated revenge (which according to me are too small). To doing more DPS polearm guardian saves the overall tree. We have the opportunity to add points to Sustained Rage, which gives us an extra 15% damage and Ability - Volcanic Rage(giving us 30% of the damage for 20 seconds and the cooldown is over a minute). I spent a lot of time on the TestLive server checking damage on Juggernaut Tree (With added skills of the above as I wrote) and Tempest Tree.On shield damage on the target were a much better and more often inflicted critical damage, and damage on the polearm were quite similar, but I felt that they were low.

According to me, it should look like this

Storm Blade - 25-30 procs per minute(the default is 6)
    Power Sweeps - Increase damage per second 10% or 15% (the default is 5%)
    Brutal Sweeps - Increase Critical Chance of Flashing Arc and Counterweight 15/20% (the default is 10%)
    Dissarming Agression - 15%/30%/45%, frenzy stance add DoT or something (the default is 4%/8%/12%, and -30% hate on frenzy stance but for what?)
    Hateful Vengeance needs more damage from the stacks.
    And maybe some improvements to Fortitude.
    And increase damage from bleeding - Ability - Intimidating Shout for dpsing guardians.

I really like tanking on polearm, for me is more fun than shield and i have nice aoe agro. DT and Conq have very well developed trees. Why guardian can't have?

Waiting for your ideas! Sorry for my English

Funcom made tanking with tempest a non option, as in, it's still possible, just far from anything optimal or efficient.

The point has been raised many times on the testlive forums by several players, but there's never been any answer from the devs, so it appears that guard is exactly how they want it to be.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Funcom made tanking with tempest a non option, as in, it's still possible, just far from anything optimal or efficient.

The point has been raised many times on the testlive forums by several players, but there's never been any answer from the devs, so it appears that guard is exactly how they want it to be.
    According to me they do not want to repair anything with him, because he can have problems with his agroo. I can not complain at this point about agro, but DPS is not satisfactorily. If increased its DPS is not known to what extent will change its agro. Tank is a complicated thing.

Imo, the best would be a revamp that made it possible to vary builds, using both trees, making it possible to go polearm for tanking, pve dps, and pvp depending on how you spec. Sadly, this is not realistic at the moment, so I think the best would be a buff that made tempest do decent pve dps without buffing them much in pvp would be best. It would be good if guardian could go dps in places where you don't always need all soldiers to tank, like MC/zodiac/many unchained encounters, without it being a joke (this would make guards less of a burden in e.g. scorpion archer, zodiac, basilisk), and maybe this would lessen the endless QQ about conqs and DTs a little (since giving these classes a straight-nerf would probably make some players quit the game as so many have soldier mains).

Atm tempest is a complete mess with some talents to reduce aggro (I don't think even the very, very few guards who have a full dps spec and gear have a problem with aggro anywhere) but also tiers that don't increase your dps at all, like the choice between CC resistance and a pathetic buff to guard (the combo). I think a change like a proc that makes riposte do increased, worthwhile dmg without requiring the guard to dodge, or makes skewer/guard worth using for dps would be great, guard dps rotation with storm strike and flashing arc/counterweight spam is pretty stale atm.

The solution is not to increase polearm dps to make tempest tanking more viable, but the solution is to increase inherent hate modifiers on polearm combos as well as adjusting some tempest feats to be more "tankish".

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    The solution is not to increase polearm dps to make tempest tanking more viable, but the solution is to increase inherent hate modifiers on polearm combos as well as adjusting some tempest feats to be more "tankish".
    Maybe bit more. Becouse i don't have problems with my agro. More DMG = more agro so i think that will be better add more DPS than agro. I'm using Storm Strike, Flashing Arc IV, Flashing VII or VIII(This with two arrows) and its my main combo rotation.. I have problems with DPS. I remember i did 900 Dps but maybe i had more luck ha ha If you wan't meet me in game on Crom.

What's the incentive for going polearm whatsoever then? SS tanking does almost as much dps as pole tanking currently, and with better defensive perks. Tempest's problem is far from just aggro, as is this class' problems in general.

This.

You can't increase pole dps for pvp reason.
    Also for pve reason, i don't like having tanks utility scalled on dps stat instead of their own stat.

So i suggested during first batch of skill changes a complete list of things that must or should be changed for poleguard here (TestLive)

One of the points is to also increase the specificity of the poletanking over s&b playstyle (so more tanking based on immunity/evade instead of raw mitigation).

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    This.

You can't increase pole dps for pvp reason.
    Also for pve reason, i don't like having tanks utility scalled on dps stat instead of their own stat.

So i suggested during first batch of skill changes a complete list of things that must or should be changed for poleguard here (TestLive)

One of the points is to also increase the specificity of the poletanking over s&b playstyle (so more tanking based on immunity/evade instead of raw mitigation).
    Intimidating Shout cooldown share with Cry of Havoc it's good thing if Intimidating Shout do the same agro and add DoT, I'm agree this. And i don't talking about boost his DPS very high but a bit more than shield. Idea with make guard more survi on polearm from immunity and evade is very good, but we still need a bit more damage. It's a polearm!
    Last edited by Paput; 5th January 2015 at 23:16.

polespecs are in game for one reason= same as carnage. for people who don't want to tank* (crippled as carnages are vs proper reaver barb or as pole guards are vs dt's). just something to make people feel like they are doing something usefull to group... why roll cripple tank toon if only thing that it's good for is doing **** dps?
    Last edited by Maly; 6th January 2015 at 07:20. Reason: fixed a typo

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast