Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6Man party makeup?

Default 6Man party makeup?

Hey,

My friend and I are going to try doing some dungeons (3 boxes each) and looking for some advice on a good group setup. I've read some dungeons need two tanks so we were thinking we'd play 1 tank, 1 healer each and then some kind of ranged DPS, since managing the melee combo system would be a pain while boxing alts.

Something like:
    1 DT
    1 POM
    1 Necro

1 Conq
    1 ToS
    1 Demo

I played the game a long time ago at release and he's never played it before so we really have no clue if that'll work. Would we be missing any important buffs or skills that will prevent us from completing any PvE 6man content?

Cheers

Multiboxing AoC seems like a bad idea to me...
    I am Stian ingame...

i agree with Civilix!! in any case, if you want to at least have a chance to complete every dungeon, you will need a rogue...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    i agree with Civilix!! in any case, if you want to at least have a chance to complete every dungeon, you will need a rogue...
    What do rogues bring that another DPS doesn't? We haven't really played before. I've read through as much as I can find on the forum but it's hard without knowing what specifically to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by AntitheistPOV View Post
    What do rogues bring that another DPS doesn't? We haven't really played before. I've read through as much as I can find on the forum but it's hard without knowing what specifically to look for.
    In hardmodes (which, since youre posting under f2p you may not be doing) some fights required rogues with AAs.

In old world dungeons, some fights are single target burns, where rogues excel, while others are aoe fights where mages excel.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    In hardmodes (which, since youre posting under f2p you may not be doing) some fights required rogues with AAs.
    Well the goal is eventually try the hard stuff if we enjoy the game up until 80 so I guess we'd better plug in a rogue somewhere. Swapping out the necro for a ranger should do it?

Quote Originally Posted by AntitheistPOV View Post
    Well the goal is eventually try the hard stuff if we enjoy the game up until 80 so I guess we'd better plug in a rogue somewhere. Swapping out the necro for a ranger should do it?
    yes, ranger will do. but i think it's worth mentioning that to use the rogue aa's (tainted weapons and finely honed) you need to be in melee range anyway.
    even though, a ranger is a lot simpler to play than barb or sin, so probably that's the best choice if you plan to play 3 toons at the same time.

the problem is that some encounters are dps races that are not trivial even with 6 people playing at their best, so i wonder how you will do them this way.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    But you need the ranger for Enigmata of Yag!!!!!
    Thats what I thought too, but I have seen any other class tracking the boss too sadly
    The Law

You really don't need a ranger. Just hop in and kill the boss. They are all easy
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast