Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tos vs dt mana drain

Quote Originally Posted by Barrefaeli View Post
    np

remember though that even if you do as i suggested the DT is still a very hard nut to crack for a ToS and a half decent DT should still be able to kill good ToS... we are gimped in that way
    You can say that again... I did some testing today with mechanno's (using CoI) dt today in khemi arena. I could not bring him below 85% with my mana pool while he was standing idle

Quote Originally Posted by 89ideaz89 View Post
    btw tos has no chance vs dt unless full aas and pvp 10......tos is the shiettiest class in the game atm.
    Gosh, this thread like every tos thread.
    In my eyes... ToS is actually one of the few DT counterclasses

Wheres your Blood Mana? (helps team casters immensely after a Yog is popped)
    Storm Blood? (personally don't feat it, but if you have trouble with CoI DTs, has a big purpose here)
    Potsr? (resist drain for 3 seconds)
    Faith in Set? (can be used several times during a mini, but "NOOO, LETS ALL FORGET ABOUT THIS SHITTY SPELL CAUSE THE COOLDOWN IS TOO LONG")

Static Blood -> DT can't hit you (ok can, but is gonna pay massively)
    Fangs of Set -> DT can't hit you

Masses of CCs, all the best of their kind (weak point of the DT)

Sure CoI can be a pain in the ass, but do you even read enemy buffs or look for the Yog particle effect? Run away or use some counterspells.

Another thing many don't know is how Storm Crown adds 2x hits on the DT, one does damage, the other adds the debuff. Meaning DT will proc the drain twice off a single hit of Storm Crown, so if you're really afraid of getting caught by a CoI DT, just drop the use of Storm Crown. It isn't too important of a spell.

ToS is maybe the biggest stomp class in the game after pom, and can handle any class 1v1. Only sins and bses are challenges for sure, but possible kills.

PS. my tos isn't PvP 10, and PvP level doesn't matter much at all after you reach PvP 8 in the case of the tos.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 6th January 2015 at 23:20.

you are right Lurvi, but its only valid if the tos is top notch, for the average tos beating a DT is far from easy, not to mention BS or sin...
    Last edited by Barrefaeli; 7th January 2015 at 11:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Static Blood -> DT can't hit you (ok can, but is gonna pay massively)
    Fangs of Set -> DT can't hit you .
    I tested static blood on dooming pressence couple of times. It takes only 5-10% hp of the dt while taking 70% of my tos. I feel the dt isnt paying that much to even care..

4x hits in Dooming Presence x155
    4x hits from Pact of Malacodor x155

lets say CoA proced 1x155
    lets say Aura of Dread fury proced once 1x155
    lets say Corruption procced once 2x155
    lets say Bligthed Touch proced once 1x155
    lets say Sadism proced 1x155

14x155 = 2170 pure damage (no ammount of armor or protection will reduce the damage off each proc, the 155)

This is just off one combo. Remember:
    Static Blood has a 12 seconds duration, and a pretty strong lifetap to it aswell.

It is very likely the DT will double the ammount of procs during this time, in return a result of ~4k pure damage.
    While you are pulsing damage to him from your other spells, which is your main source of damage. Static Blood is only an addition, but a nice one. There is no way a DT can completely ignore the damageoutput. Tos can nearly outdps DT if he straight out looks past Static Blood.

And what does it matter if he did 70% damage to you, when you can CC him after you facetanked him with Static Blood on. He has no real class CC break.
    The tos on the other hand has ROUSING SHOCK, to break 2 of the 4 CCs the DT has got.

5-10%? I never saw a DT running around with a 20k+ lifepool. Maybe your friend did though. So you need to observe and find the real state of things.

Cause in your case, as with several others in this thread... something is off =)

( no hate, Im just trying to help ^_^ )
    Last edited by Lurvi; 7th January 2015 at 23:57.

My tos isn't even that great.

My kiting skills are mediocre at best.

Smart and precise usage of spells, and pushing the tos to its limit without becoming absolutely suicidal. That's mostly where it's at.

Static Blood is made to be maximized upon. Push it to the limit, fail and learn, but with time you'll be amazed with what it can achieve for you.

Don't be afraid to die. If you never die, you'll never learn the boundaries of what you can do and not.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 8th January 2015 at 00:04.

My tos isn't even that great.

My kiting skills are mediocre at best.

Smart and precise usage of spells, and pushing the tos to its limit without becoming absolutely suicidal. That's mostly where it's at.

Static Blood is made to be maximized upon. Push it to the limit, fail and learn, but with time you'll be amazed with what it can achieve for you.

Don't be afraid to die. If you never die, you'll never learn the boundaries of what you can do and not.
    Thanks. In your "Lets say" example a dt with ca. 15k hp Will lose 13% hp. Still not very impressive. If you have a dt i'd like to see iT irl.

DT is not that hard ofc.....you have to have in mind that pvp 6 tos can beat pvp 6 dt with almost same amount of aas.....you cant expect pvp 5 tos to beat fully aaed pvp 10 dt. Conqs are way harder to kill than DTs for TOS imo.
    Skeloss - Tempest of Set (pvp 6)

THE LAW

Quote Originally Posted by -Deukalion- View Post
    Thanks. In your "Lets say" example a dt with ca. 15k hp Will lose 13% hp. Still not very impressive. If you have a dt i'd like to see iT irl.
    Like I already said, realistically the DT would easily eat more Static Blood damage.

So say 3k damage off a 15k hp pool thats 20%!
    If you can't value this and the lifetap that comes with it. I don't know what else there is for me to say =)

Also how my DT is relevant I don't understand ^_^

And I added something important to what I said earlier here:

Smart and precise usage of spells, and pushing the tos to its limit without becoming absolutely suicidal (aggressive positioning when the time calls for it). That's mostly where it's at.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 8th January 2015 at 10:29.

Like I already said, realistically the DT would easily eat more Static Blood damage.

So say 3k damage off a 15k hp pool thats 20%!
    If you can't value this and the lifetap that comes with it. I don't know what else there is for me to say =)

Also how my DT is relevant I don't understand ^_^

And I added something important to what I said earlier here:
    i value all i can get. Thnks for your input

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast