Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RotGS f2p open zones if you please!

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    People leave at lvl 10-70 most of the time, and by removing the sub in rotgs would kill the game in a month
    What kind of conclusion is that???

You're saying that opening new zones/content (by buying them) would make players leave the game???
    AoC, which i enjoy because for lore, aesthetics, and mechanics, is almost dead most of the times in the leveling zones (maybe tortage is the exception). And i have toons in all three servers so i know this is a fact. And AoC doesn't have newcomers. It doesn't bring new people. It has people who knew the game in it's early years, played it since or played it, leaved it, played it again, leaved it again, and so on, and so on... Some are hardcore fans, others like me, softcore fans. The population is stable and that's the truth. So the game can't be killed has you say!

Quote Originally Posted by radamanthuz View Post
    Are you trying to say that f2p players want access to everything (or most) without paying for it? Because it's definitively not the case. I bought the expansion and the only thing i get from it is the khitai race and gateway to khitai playfield. Nothing more.
    I'am not going to suggest nothing to funcom here because is just idiotic one to think an mmo developer isn't aware of market tendencies and models far more then the players are. In fact, for me, TSW and SWTOR have the best business models in MMO universe, so they know what they are doing.
    But i do ask them this! As a f2p player, if a buy the lvl 80 instant option what do i do with it after?
    nah m8,my point was that no matter how much we discuss this subject or another,Funcom simply don't care lol :/

Compare the ammount of people in Tortage with the 4 lvling zones after that. Or a high-lvled zone. That's where they drop out
    Boyscout bearshaman

People leave at lvl 10-70 most of the time, and by removing the sub in rotgs would kill the game in a month
    Economically yes,but i bet a lot more people would play the game...all about micro-transaction,but AoC is ruled by "Funcom" so that is no go,what "would" and actually is killing the game is Funcom.

i.e. LOTRO=great game,micro-transactions,you buy all expansions and stuff and is yours(no need to sub to access what you bought),plus you can sub for more goodies....plus you GET PAID TO PLAY! haha <3
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 19th December 2014 at 22:25.

I want to give thanks to all the members for their opinion on the subject here! Though i am no hardcore AoC'er, your thoughts were not of trashing "the tourist" (me ) and telling to "go sub and shut up" or "love it or leave it", so usual in other places. Thanks for that. And it's also go to see i'am not one minded on this subject. Let's hope in the future Funcom does listen this particular plight and grants the 80 lvl instant in that time too, so that others can (re)join the ranks of AoC.

Merry Christmas to you all

On a side note, Funcom doesn't seem particular interested in increasing AoC player base but in pleasing the existing one. It's great regarding the latter but why not do something regarding the former?

People leave at lvl 10-70 most of the time
    This. Back when Craig Morrison was game director, he made a mention of it on the older forums; saying that most people leave around Tortage (or shortly after leaving Tortage).

I would support making Northern Grasslands F2P or a 3 day free trial of Khitai when a player hits 80.
    Last edited by massively1; 24th December 2014 at 04:12.

There are actual live people on this planet here who buy a new MMO, install and patch it for however many hours it takes, log in once, take a look at title screen, go nope! and log out for good. If you think upon that, other anomalies make sense.

Also Turan is a paid DLC, an alien payment model for AoC they tried to get into once upon a time. It utterly failed because FC can't produce for **** in a timely manner. Dragonspine was gonna be another paid DLC but then they caved under pressure and released it incomplete as sub exclusive instead of betting on still having players to sell it to in like 2018 as a complete DLC (zone+dungeons+raid) like Turan. We've been getting drips and drops of new DS content occasionally but AoC has become a very stale game by now for old players.

Though i am no hardcore AoC'er, your thoughts were not of trashing "the tourist" (me ) and telling to "go sub and shut up" or "love it or leave it", so usual in other places.
    That's because our hatred is focused on FC and we don't have any bile to spare for casuals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12