Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much would it cost to launch Age of Conan on the Ps4?

Since Tomium didn't said anything relevant,i will just answer this for Funcom by simply saying: "it won't happen"
    Why you wonder?
    Because the game itself would need a full rework,ps4 is way ahead of a game like AoC because the game would "limit" the ps4 potential like it already does on PC. bla bla bla
    You get the point peeps,so no big staff to this kind of work or money,so i don't think that even Kickstarter would help....sure Funcom could hire more people with Kickstarter money but from my experience worst thing ever is to mess with another programmer code....why?is a nightmare!(a reason why i believe Joel avoids some old stuff like "sieges",etc...)So that would mean a start from scratch...it would not work,game "core" would be changed with that and so on.

cheers
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 17th December 2014 at 22:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    Sorry, I am not sure what you are talking about. We have update notes from the 10th right here.
    Way to address the actual thread topic.

ESO is looking at releasing their title on a console soon. So its not totally unrealistic ... but I don't think FUNCOM has the team for it now.

On the "Update-letter" ; clearly you realized he/she meant Game-Director Letter. Please tell me yer not taking the role as troll here ?

I have to say; it is a bit odd that the letters come out (often) at the beginning of the month, addressing the previous months "efforts". Its like "uh ~ yeah ... we DID notice that changed feature/item already ... but thanx for telling us about it after the fact? Oh and blowing more smoke up my *** about whatever has been "in the works".

See You On the Battlefield

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    ps4 is way ahead of a game like AoC because the game would "limit" the ps4 potential like it already does on PC. bla bla bla
    You know that PS4 and Xbox1 both lack a decent CPU and GPU, right? The specs of these consoles were outdated two years before their releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

There's really no need to discuss numbers, because there is a zero chance that it will ever happen. The combo system, and the large amount of abilities that classes have would make it impossible unless the game was dumbed down specifically for the console gamers.

Pulling random numbers out of my ass, I'd say AoC has <1000 subscribers left. And if the Q3 2014 financial report has told us anything, it's to expect minimal investment into AoC.

Quote Originally Posted by massively1 View Post
    There's really no need to discuss numbers, because there is a zero chance that it will ever happen. The combo system, and the large amount of abilities that classes have would make it impossible unless the game was dumbed down specifically for the console gamers.

Pulling random numbers out of my ass, I'd say AoC has <1000 subscribers left. And if the Q3 2014 financial report has told us anything, it's to expect minimal investment into AoC.
    Indeed. Releasing a game for console will also attract their numbers. And compare the average PC and console player: I am sure the latter will have a shorter attention span.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12