Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Subscription offer live discussion

Morning Lady's ,

well, i find that new offer not that bad at all. Sure, it ain't nothing to immediatly
    write home about, but on the other hand, it ain't that bad either.

The main reason why i'll probably will take up the 12 month sub is the MAJOR drop
    in the monthly fee. Being a 1 month subber since my return to AoC in 10.14, a
    drop from around 15 € per month into something around 5 or 6 €urons is definatly
    something nice in my book!
    Aye, sure the boni could've been better, but hell, i've never been the greedy type
    anyways and besides, i've never cared much 'bout bonus mounts, social armor or, well whatever.

Coming to think about, back in the old days, when this whole online gaming mess started and
    we all were SOOO f*ckin' hot for playing UO, Meridian59, Everquest and what else not, there've
    been NO special offers at all (at least none i could remember).
    Companys back than, like 3DO e.g., just took our money and followed a strict "love it or leave it"
    policy otherwise. In other words, they gave a bloody sh*t at any suggestions or complains 'bout
    special offers, boni etc pp!

Yeah, yeah i know, that's been long ago, back in the late '90s, the situation in the online gaming
    department has changed alot and i'm just a rambling, to close to 50 guy , but still... .

So, in a nutshell, i'm pretty content with the offer, could've been much worse if you ask me .

Have a nice weekend all,
    best regards
    Hawk
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings

I believe that a sub offer tragetting the casual and the new/returning player makes perfect sense.

After all, vets have everything already, so handing them yet another epic piece of gear is rather useless, they're veterans, they've been playing for years, they'll keep doing so as long as there are other players to play with.

And how better ensuring that than trying to get in more regular players ?

For instance, that PvP T1 set coming with a 12 years sub, i like very much, not that i'm gonna buy it, because i have no use for it, but i very much hope that many non PvP'ers will do.
    Of course, the average brain dead PvP tard will come and say "QQ, me no want more noobs in minis !!!! me no agree !!!", but as usual, such mindset is conterproductive to any population growth, and has been for years, so at some point, it would be nice to see those PvP'ers understand that the presence of newbies in minis is actually both a good sign but also mandatory to have chance to have more people playing.

As for the free lvl 80, i don't see the issue here, AoC is an MMO, it's not made for rocket scientists, as the average conversation in global demonstrates every single day, so any chimpanza can log on a lvl 80 and learn to play. So i don't expect any problem whatsoever, newbies will just log on, play, and eventually get better, and even if they don't, who cares, activity is a good thing in itself.

All in all, good sub offer i think.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

ah well its better than nothing, at least 4 months extra
    Last edited by viroku; 12th December 2014 at 12:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechannno View Post
    Do as I do and do full t4 run with level 6 gear and few 80 blues with day old toon
    "resist""resist""resist"
    mechanno don't kid yourself, everybody knows you dont raid
    mechanno says no

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    As for instant max levels... thats the new WoW way, it sold WOD expansion like hotcakes. Can't blame FC for trying to ride that cash cow all the way to the bank.
    The problem is that, in WoW, the "grind" is in the leveling, while in AoC it only starts at level 80. So while a free level 90 toon might well bring some former players back to WoW with the promise of being able to jump right into the action, the same really doesn't apply to AoC. Every old player who experienced the game post-RotGS knows just how much use hitting level 80 is...

[Note: WoW leveling isn't really all that grindy since you are not forced to do the same thing over and over again, it just takes a long time. Level 80 in AoC is an altogether different story.]
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Good offer for the bigger ones. The pointless extra crap you're giving out is pointless however and could've been dropped entirely.

Default Tokens of Gilding only for one Character?

I am thinking of buying a 3 month membership but does anyone know if these tokens of gilding are only for one character or will they be available for every character on the account (like the veteran tokens?

I am happy with extra game time,the offers are good actually...what could have been added is maybe an option to convert the extra months to mounts/bank space/inventory bag on all chars for those who don't wish for more game time so everyone would be happy i guess...but yeah seems some are never satisfied.

I think the subscription offer is good, but could have been structured differently. I am a relatively new player and I can use the PvE gear set for at least one of my characters. The extra game time and Gilding Tokens can benefit anyone. However, Funcom could have included a 3rd option for players that do not need either the PvE or PvP package such as an exclusive mount or cosmetic armor. There are people who have been playing since beta and are still here that have nothing but lvl 80 toons.

And, yes, the instant level 80 character option is just a money grab that adds nothing to the game. But some people are impatient.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

I don't only think the offers are good value for you money, I also think they are smart.

After 6 (7?) years AoC must have build up quite a big amount ex-players. They won't just come back and re-do everything they already did again. Now they can get a full lvl 80 char and a PvP T1 set so they can get right back to where they left off. Apart from that I think many people underestimate the amount of players (mostly pvpers) that don't like leveling or grinding low tier raids/getting farmed in PvP but rather put down some money to catch up/skip it.

For new players it is also not very attractive to start from scratch in a old game where 95% of the activity is end-game. I bet many people /uninstall AoC after not seeing anyone the last 15 levels. Now they can go straight to the place where the action happens and Funcom earns some good money on it.
    Not knowing how to play a class because you did not level is complete bull. I only completely leveled my first char and I was 100% clueless when I reached 80. My 9 other level 80's were powerleveled rougly to level 50 and offlined from there. One of the last characters I did it with was a guard that had full T1/T2 at level 38 due to the worldboss. By the time I had some time to powerlevel and reached 80 I put on my T1/T2 gear, got a good build, talked for about 10minutes to a experienced guard and next day I was tanking in Coils. Like Mellaus said: it's not rocketscience.

Lol at vets saying they don't get anything. Veterans play the game because they like PLAYING the game. If they need to be convinced with some vanity toys to buy more time they might aswel uninstall. The stronly reduced subscription time should be enough.

TL;DR The offer is done like it should: vets will sub because their favorite game is cheaper and it is attractive to new players because they can close the gap with old players faster.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast