Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Sillyness of Decap+ATG

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    The point he is making is valid. He just a bit trying to show highest degree of idiotism that u can get there.

For example on this video with necro he didnt even need ATG at all to finish it, it was just Decap. Yeah the spec ia a bit aimed on oneshot hybrid, but still this damage output skillwise is superbad and close to what we had with comboskipping DWW on sin. Its nothing bad about burst abilties as long as they are skillbased. Current version of ATG+Decap promotes wrong kind of PvP and simplification.
    Thank you for understanding kind sir

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    The point he is making is valid. He just a bit trying to show highest degree of idiotism that u can get there.

For example on this video with necro he didnt even need ATG at all to finish it, it was just Decap and some splash from group. Yeah the spec ia a bit aimed on oneshot hybrid, but still this damage output skillwise is superbad and close to what we had with comboskipping DWW on sin. Its nothing bad about burst abilties as long as they are skillbased. Current version of ATG+Decap promotes wrong kind of PvP and simplification.
    They fixed PI +BV guard, they fixed 6k dww skipping, I hope they will address this silly issue too
    The Law

The problem i see is that decapitations damage varies way too much, and it gains too much from weapon damage. I did about 1.5k more damage when using t3 axe instead of t1.
    Boyscout bearshaman

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    The problem i see is that decapitations damage varies way too much, and it gains too much from weapon damage. I did about 1.5k more damage when using t3 axe instead of t1.
    And now get t4 barb sword and it will do even more, use haste + decap and u see great dmg
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    And now get t4 barb sword and it will do even more, use haste + decap and u see great dmg
    Exactly. And it doesn't make it a nerf either with balanced dps, because i go between 1.2k-6.2k and that plays a huge role. Always between 3-4k would be great for both sides.
    Boyscout bearshaman

I think I should maybe record a full mini game video or two on barb with a decap spec when I get the chance as it would show what happens in practice.
    Although I don't think anyone besides MagnusLL is denying the obvious...

All I have to say is : decap + atg is absolutely retarded, even UNBUFFED on a non-debuffed target. If you have a decent weapon, you will basically instagib a clothie/light every 30s. And even unbuffed when none of the two crit, the damage is INSANE. Absolutely INSANE, considering it's just two buttons and unmissable (ATG is instant and you get plenty of time to cancel decap if you see it didn't connect).

And I don't know how MagnusLL gets his decap to hit for 2k average (unless he has a weapon with less than 150 base dps but my understanding was that he is pvp 10 with maybe even t4?) but that is literally the lowest damage it ever does for me (and non-crit) with the t4 healing blunt (ye, the BS one with 1K something heal rating, not that it matters since combat rating is terrible ). UNLESS I'm hitting tanks or people with some ability that mitigates a lot of damage, then yeah I can see some lowish numbers.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    And I don't know how MagnusLL gets his decap to hit for 2k average (unless he has a weapon with less than 150 base dps but my understanding was that he is pvp 10 with maybe even t4?) but that is literally the lowest damage it ever does for me (and non-crit) with the t4 healing blunt (ye, the BS one with 1K something heal rating, not that it matters since combat rating is terrible ). UNLESS I'm hitting tanks or people with some ability that mitigates a lot of damage, then yeah I can see some lowish numbers.
    He parsed mini game and got average from that. So if you hit your main target with decap and hit splash dmg on 2 or 3 more targets at same time he kind of think that is average. Not to count hit on soldiers in def stance to.
    I mean even if i hit someone for 3-4k unbuffed dmg its still a lot for almost instant dmg.
    Did today some more tests with Derled in arena. staggering, knock, haste and decap/atg is killing my hox every time, even without haste or eyes im to clost to death or dead. Even unbuffed decap and atg with no staggering or knock is gimping me for rest of fight. He kills me way faster with barb than his sin. its just silly.
    i have pvp t1 blunt and seen decap crits up to 5k in minis, rare for me but there were plenty in 3.5k-4k crits. ATG also critted close to 4k many times. Sure there are times that i do 2k dmg on decap but is that low for 1 click combo?

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    He parsed mini game and got average from that. So if you hit your main target with decap and hit splash dmg on 2 or 3 more targets at same time he kind of think that is average. Not to count hit on soldiers in def stance to.

This is the first parse from my other thread:

http://postimg.org/image/7w802f74v/

This is the screenshot of all the Decapitations from that parse:

http://s23.postimg.org/gatxar9or/decap.jpg

There are two multi hits (19:55:25 and 20:05:30) for 4 hits on a total of 23.
    Of all those targets:
    - Aetriss, Zonea and Yolodt are soldiers
    - Chiansontour and Shaqal are hoxes
    - Leinhos is a Tos
    - Howardhill, Pocora and Sadonah are rangers
    - Xepyc is a pom

This is the resulting screenshot having removed the 4 Decap hits from the multi-hits and all the hits on the soldiers:

http://s4.postimg.org/43cny1ipp/decap2.jpg

Average result counting only these hits is 2.8k, with an average non-crit of 2.5 and an average crit of 2.9. Slightly higher than the 2.3k overall average (obviously, since we have removed the hits on the hardest targets) but still below 3k.
    If you only count the hits on clothies (the two hoxes), the average hit is 2.6k, lower than the overall "corrected" average, ironically enough, because you're removing the highest hit (3.8k) which happened on one of the rangers.

And this is by taking your observation about soldiers at face value, ignoring the fact that they constitute 25% of the classes in the game and thus any serious estimation of the balance should include them in the parse since... guess what... there's plenty of them in PvP, and if all it takes is one of them to hard counter the barb, it's hard to see how the class is supposed to be OP.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    This is the first parse from my other thread:

http://postimg.org/image/7w802f74v/

This is the screenshot of all the Decapitations from that parse:

http://s23.postimg.org/gatxar9or/decap.jpg

There are two multi hits (19:55:25 and 20:05:30) for 4 hits on a total of 23.
    Of all those targets:
    - Aetriss, Zonea and Yolodt are soldiers
    - Chiansontour and Shaqal are hoxes
    - Leinhos is a Tos
    - Howardhill, Pocora and Sadonah are rangers
    - Xepyc is a pom

This is the resulting screenshot having removed the 4 Decap hits from the multi-hits and all the hits on the soldiers:

http://s4.postimg.org/43cny1ipp/decap2.jpg

Average result counting only these hits is 2.8k, with an average non-crit of 2.5 and an average crit of 2.9. Slightly higher than the 2.3k overall average (obviously, since we have removed the hits on the hardest targets) but still below 3k.
    If you only count the hits on clothies (the two hoxes), the average hit is 2.6k, lower than the overall "corrected" average, ironically enough, because you're removing the highest hit (3.8k) which happened on one of the rangers.

And this is by taking your observation about soldiers at face value, ignoring the fact that they constitute 25% of the classes in the game and thus any serious estimation of the balance should include them in the parse since... guess what... there's plenty of them in PvP, and if all it takes is one of them to hard counter the barb, it's hard to see how the class is supposed to be OP.
    Now do the same thing with sin's bomb please (what cd?) and hox HFB (what cd?) maybe try also measuring reckoning too? and then stop whining that u run to a barb who dosn't have cd on his nuke ;/ and talking survivability, sin has more chance to survive lately (evade, and immunity on one toon) than barb (evade from perk is sh**t, 5%immunity from feats dosn't help , much either), not to mention soldiers at all just my 2c...

derled you are wrong...

decap is totally where it should be - and case with atg is that its zitaian thingy - you wont get that high ones in pvp gear - and i know you use pve gear mostly - so go back to raiding or smth and let dying like mosquito to me

for example mine highest decap was like 6,8k crit but it was with tmtc x 10 and eom, positioning and after kb with ruin

also i think there much better things from barbs aa then atg - its nice burst but only

i got also 8,4k bombs on me while in full t3 pvp and classes like poms and his searing eye or olp or still tts aka pbs are crazy - you can go on and on with it much longer ...

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast