Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: +Failed Authenticater

Default +Failed Authenticater

Been having this several times a day since maintenance patch yesterday Anyone else having this or is this on my end

Looks like it was my wireless card's spotty connection. Funcom can you please fix this Authenticater algorithm because everytime i lose connection it boots me to character select then locks me out for 15 minutes because it cannot authenticate? I'm obviously not hacking so why the harsh penalty for losing connection lol? why can't i just log in like normal after i lose connection breifly

Yeah playing on wireless is just asking for constant disconnects...
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

yeah this bug has been there for over a year, when I petition it to GM or live chat they deny it existence lol

so we are stuck with it like ress bug,renown cap ...ect

Over a year ? Almost 2 years, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    Almost 2 years? It was since release, dudes

I have the same problem, a lott, afther relogging to other cars, somethimes only afther 1 relogg i get the authentication bugg to, and get locked out for 15 mins, and its horribly anoying when in a raid or Group, and you have a bunch of ppl waiting. In the beginning the GMs did help me and manualy disconected me from the server, so that obvioulsy Works. But then suddenly they just said i had to wait and talk With tecnical, and they could do nothing, so the policies have obviously changed regarding support on this. '

And yes it was here in the start to, but was gone for many years before it came back now.

And in my opinion this is realy a game affecting bugg, especialy when several ppl get it during raid and u use 1 hour exstra suddenly just waiting for ppl to get back in, and it affect the other 23 ppl to, so its no only single players that suffer from it.

Funcom realy needs to do something With this!

I have found that when relogging in a raid for eksempel, i give it a min pause on logggin screen before i try to logg in, that seems to work most of the time.
    Koraile, dark templar.

If Funcom ever actually manages to fix this issue, I will be utterly amazed. I might even come back. And subscribe for several years. Not going to happen.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

When are you going to fix this stupid bug Funcom, its been months. I cant even relog into the game anymore.
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

the fix should be unbelievably easy for Funcom to do:
    1. clean out XML of the cached conversations (I wrote a utility to do this in my signature years ago, but Funcom should easily be able to do better. The same bug affects settings and character previews not saving)
    2. ping the client for a response while on the character select screen, that only responds while on the character select screen. If not response for 30 seconds, remove the 15 minute lockout that prevents logging in.

That is the reason for the 15 minute lockout - the game thinks you are busy choosing a character but instead you got failed to authenticate, so you have to wait for it to timeout. A ping check to validate the user is looking at the same page would solve this problem.

I would do the work for them for free if they gave me access to the code.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast