Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: World Boss December?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    If you wait til xmas for the dragon world boss, then the January one is only a week or so later. Wouldn't that be more disruptive to raids and such?
    lol think x-mas and new year's eve days is much more raids disruptive than world bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    I don't understand what 'the schedule from last year might be too much'. Does that mean they are making the world boss only a few days? Or that there wasn't time to put in the world boss on the first Wednesday?

If you wait til xmas for the dragon world boss, then the January one is only a week or so later. Wouldn't that be more disruptive to raids and such?
    Think he doesn't mean this schedule was too much, but he means that FC assumed we would all remember this schedule. Well the ones who were playing last year, probably remember it indeed, but this doesn't mean the December wb will spawn at the end of the month again. After the start of the cycle last year, in all communication FC announced a wb to spawn on the first Wednesday of each month. Also I think I remember FC said people who missed one wb, would only have to wait one month longer to get their cloak. It's not weird that people expected a wb today. But well, looking at the reply from "Forum God", communication is not a very strong skill here. Even if you really communicated very clear when the new cycle would start, a reply like this is not very customer friendly (and also still not very clear on when wb will start spawning). I don't really care when the wb will spawn but this reply from Nusquam annoys me. I hope he doesn't mean we're all too stupid to remember last year, but that's what I read there between the lines sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Hmmm, does not the GD letter from last month mention the cycle starting up again?

I guess assuming that people knew the schedule from last year might be too much. Later this month.

Also GD letter should arrive today...assuming translation is done with it.

What Funcom says and then does is like comparing apples to oranges.
    In other words, Funcom's integrity is not good. In fact it is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    "Had to" is a bit of a stretch. Either it would be there after server restart, or it wouldn't come until the end of the month. The only two reasonable conclusions, and neither required wasting GM time.
    I didn't petition. People sent me GM responses. Wasn't that big of deal to me, but I know of a lot of people who wasted 2 hours waiting for nothing. Lol
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Hmmm, does not the GD letter from last month mention the cycle starting up again?

I guess assuming that people knew the schedule from last year might be too much. Later this month.

Also GD letter should arrive today...assuming translation is done with it.
    Actually yes "We’re currently running through the feedback and improving the event to make the next version even more interesting." So to answer that question GD letter does state the intention to start the cycle up once more.

The last 11 months have had a WB spawning in the start of every month. Since it is the first time this have been done I find it very logical that people assume it does continue like that for the start of December. You state that people should have known that due to past experience that a WB would not spawn in beginning of December. That is a faulty assumption since the WB was not started up at that point last year. In addition a number of official posts and updates have also pointed out that missing a world boss did not disqualify people from receiving their epic cloak, leading people to believe they could catch up before the next cycle would begin. When I look at the forum and in the global chat in game many people assumed that there would be a spawn this week.

So, Nusquam, as a representative of a company selling a product providing an answer bordering on condescending is probably not the right way to go. I know communication can be a challenge but Funcom is not your local carpenter firm it is a multi million enterprise and your customers do deserve some respect.

I would suggest that next time you feel the urge to communicate something that in your oppinion seems clear you stop up and consider, if from a customers point of view, the case is as transparent as you think. I have provided an example and you are most welcome to use it.

"We are aware that many of you expected a world boss here in the beginning of December. Our intention has always been to provide you with a new and improved cycle of world bosses starting at the end of December 2014. We acknowledge that our communication could have been clearer and that some of you have been dissapointed. Trust that we will improve in this area and making information available in a clear manner so this kind of misunderstandings can be avoided in the future."

Sorry for spelling and grammar mistakes English is not my native tongue.
    Last edited by Thebluecave; 3rd December 2014 at 16:08.

So much ignorance towards the community in one post

I am one of the folks who assumed it would start this week, but the schedule last year gave us back to back world boss at the end of December and first week in January, the issue I see is no communication. Its been a very fun event for the community and a lot of players make a special effort to have time off during the world boss week. I guess if we had put some thought into it we would have realized that the world boss "same schedule" as last year would be end of December, but most of us "ASS SUMED" it would be Tuesday.

Haters gonna hate hate hate, players gonna play play play.

So says Joel, the lump of coal.

http://youtu.be/6xZ3Ezl5-Lk

Such wonderful timing on this song. Could it really be coincidence? Maybe The Killers and Jimmy Kimmel play AoC.

as did i. i started playing in august and i dont know the cycle from last year or whatever. so does this mean that the 3 WBs i completed wont count for the next cycle? or will the ones who didnt complete this cycle continue to get the legendary cloak and the ones who got it play for other prize. i am confused://

What we heard in the past was that every month there would be a world boss and that you can miss a month or two (or come in late) and get the legendary cloak. I have about three of my 18 alts who haven't finished it because they were on Fury when it started.

The new thing is the portent relic/rare and apparently you get one per world boss. So I am assuming that we will be able to buy new things from those portent items in the future.

But you should be able to keep getting credit for each monthly portent. Whenever it spawns.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast