Thread: Old player thinking of returning. Have some questions.

Default Old player thinking of returning. Have some questions.

Hey all.

I played this game quite alot when it was released, stopped due to ppl leaving. I then picked it up after the expansion was released and soon after that i left AGAIN this time due to life stuff demanding my time. I never stopped liking the game tho. Here goes some questions:

1. Is the game playable as "free to play"?
    2. I heard an rumor saying that funcom is thinking of changing the subscribtion plan? Is this true and if so, if answer to #1 is yes is it worth waiting for that? Or is it uncertain when/what/how and i can just pay the subscribtion now instead of waiting for something that might never happen?
    3. If i start playing as f2p, what will happen with my chars on my account? I dont remember but i think i have atleast 3 80's with decent t2/t3 gear (decent means that t3 was the best when i played last) Also, there was some sort of offline lvl's wich i think i have/had plenty of same with the AA system will those count or do i need to pay the sub to get thos back or do i start all over again?

Lastly, any old The Unforgiven members still playing?

//Ohforf

1. Pretty much no. You can lvl as f2p, but you can only do the pre-Khitai dungeons (+ Ardashir Fort if you got the pack) and T1 raids minus Vistrix. So basically you gotta sub to play the game seriously.

2. You've probably just misinterpreted recent impatience about the upcoming long-term subscriptions offers - people are expecting a mount or pet or whatever for subscribing for 6/12 months at a time. No changes are coming to the subscription models as far as I know.

3. You can only unlock 2 of your characters and might have some of your gold/bank slots (?) frozen, but you shouldn't lose anything.

And The Unforgiven are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanks View Post
    Hey all.

I played this game quite alot when it was released, stopped due to ppl leaving. I then picked it up after the expansion was released and soon after that i left AGAIN this time due to life stuff demanding my time. I never stopped liking the game tho. Here goes some questions:

1. Is the game playable as "free to play"?
    2. I heard an rumor saying that funcom is thinking of changing the subscribtion plan? Is this true and if so, if answer to #1 is yes is it worth waiting for that? Or is it uncertain when/what/how and i can just pay the subscribtion now instead of waiting for something that might never happen?
    3. If i start playing as f2p, what will happen with my chars on my account? I dont remember but i think i have atleast 3 80's with decent t2/t3 gear (decent means that t3 was the best when i played last) Also, there was some sort of offline lvl's wich i think i have/had plenty of same with the AA system will those count or do i need to pay the sub to get thos back or do i start all over again?

Lastly, any old The Unforgiven members still playing?

//Ohforf
    1/ Yes but only 1-80. 80 lvl content requires sub (to be able to use expansion and gain AA).
    2/ I don't think so, nothing has been said.
    3/ No idea, but most likely you need sub to be able to use offline levels. AA works fine on F2P you can can't get more of it.
    Retired

Thanks for your answers. Ill start out as free to play to see if i get the feeling of the game again and sub after that

Quote Originally Posted by Spanks View Post
    Hey all.

//Ohforf
    I went to f2p and lost nothing on my legacy toons ....offline levels or AA's, including storage (or Global chat for that matter). Any new f2p toon will be restricted. Nonetheless fun abounds until lvl 80, as was mentioned, where you'll need to sub to be competitive.