Thread: Are the unchained dungeons open to f2p?

Default Are the unchained dungeons open to f2p?

Does anyone know if the unchained dungeons (eg Amphitheatre of Karutonia, Halls of Eternal Frost, Scorpion Caves and Caravan Raiders Hideout) can be done by those with free to player accounts?

I know that f2p with the Turan expansion can go into Ardashir's Fortress, but have not heard anything about the rest.

And before someone says - just try it....I do not have a free to play account. However, a couple of friends do and before I make a group to take them there....and get their hopes up at seeing this newer content, I wouldn't mind some feedback if it is blocked or open to them.

No you need to be premium
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

You'd think with the name they chose for them that they'd be free, but yeah they're not. It's kinda a moot point though. While unchaineds (minus Demigod sortof) are very puggable, they do have some gear requirement - a F2P player with gear from Yak and Kylliki and maybe world bosses and no AA can't be expected to complete them unless he's getting carried, and it's not really in Funcom's interest to make it easier for people to get carried (since that let's them skip content).

Thank you for your replies, I'll stick to doing Fort for fun with them when they are about.
    In this case, my friends used to be premium and did a lot of raids & K6s before they went f2p, so do have the gear (+AAs) necessary to hold their own in the new unchained. I'm guessing a number of veteran players who went f2p would be similarly geared, but this thread is not a complaint at funcom for making them premium only - I just wanted to know so I did not disappoint them.

I was able to access a couple of lowbie dungeons (e.g. Sanctum) by paying for just those via FC points...i.e. not having to sub.

Don't know if that's do-able for lvl 80 dungeons too or even if it's still available as an option.

I am not sure, but I think Breach HM and Forgotten City HM might be open to F2P too.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I am not sure, but I think Breach HM and Forgotten City HM might be open to F2P too.
    nope, they're not
    only old world low lvl dungeons: Black castle, Sanctum, Cradle of decay, toirdealbach tomb, Amphitheater of karutonia(NM), Halls of eternal frost, atzel's fortress, Cistern/Main system, Catacombs, slaughterhouse cellar, Xibaluku, caravan's raiders (NM), Scorpion cave(NM), Onix chambers (NM) and Ardashir fort (only if you already bught turan expansion, HM avaible)

afaik those are all the dungeons avaible for f2p.
    pretty ncie since the first f2p model had none of them, not even slaughterhouse cellar i think.

as for the raids, killikki and yakhmar are the only ones open for f2p, Temple of erlik is open aswell but you need Turan expansion.
    Last edited by Belsvard; 24th November 2014 at 05:04.
    meh...